Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

jf8350143

Liturgist
The new police system is just as retarded as the last. The only differences is that instead of dropping out of thin air, they dropping out of sin air in cars.

The random gun shoot breakout is also retarded, especially pairing with the "improved civillain AI".

I was driving my car and bunch of gangsters start shooting each other. The civillians panic and run right before my car, dies and suddenly four police cars are on my tail.

Last edited:

Vyvian

Educated
My car spawns stuck in random bits of geometry again. I thought that was fixed.
Also I dunno what they did to civilian AI but they flee from me for no reason a lot.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
image.png

:despair:

1695358057264.png

1695358117072.png

jf8350143

Liturgist
Also now the clothes are mostly just for cosmetic reasons and don't influence your gamplay, but they are still treated as equipment. They still have rarity and can be dropped as loot from chests and bosses. So half the time you get something useless from the chest at the end of quest.

Vyvian

Educated
Anyone else get serious frame drops in All Foods?
It happened to me out of nowhere to where the game was unplayable until I closed and restarted it. Then everything was fine.
My temps were low so it wasn't a heat issue... just a weird random drop to a slideshow after I had already cleared the "main" room of enemies.

KVVRR

Learned
It happened to me out of nowhere to where the game was unplayable until I closed and restarted it. Then everything was fine.
My temps were low so it wasn't a heat issue... just a weird random drop to a slideshow after I had already cleared the "main" room of enemies.
I've gotten overall FPS drops after playing for a while, but I didn't bother restarting so I'm not sure if it was just a memory leak or me being a complete chimp and having around 50 tabs of firefox open at the same time.

Vyvian

Educated
I've gotten overall FPS drops after playing for a while, but I didn't bother restarting so I'm not sure if it was just a memory leak or me being a complete chimp and having around 50 tabs of firefox open at the same time.
Felt like a memory leak to me because it came out of nowhere. I tried to recreate it but I couldn't so who knows.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
So I've been looking at the changelog and noticed this:

All NPCs now scale to your level. Enemy difficulty is no longer dependent on what area of Night City you're in.

Is this for real?
It's not Oblivion-level bad, it's bad in the way it's a quick and dirty fix to the weapon leveling retardation. While I wish they did it properly, but at least the looter-shooter weapon leveling is discarded entirely, which is an overall plus.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I figured it out guys. I cracked the code.

They made the game into Borderlands, complete with damage numbers popping up. Shitty driving. Random guns.
Cyberlands 77.

Hellraiser

Arcane
The level scaling is indeed a bit varied, with some skull-marked enemies appearing mixed with typical gangoon fodder and it seems some gangs (whatever that japanese gang was) are considerably harder/higher leveled than others (the russian speaking one for instance). So less horrible than expected so far, but who knows how it looks after a few more hours and levels.

The loot on the other hand seems to be the same based on level tier, just with different skins. I have yet to see something more rare within the same tier with higher stats drop,

I am annoyed I can't use my hard earned cash to buy the leg cyberware allowing you to jump higher, which is gimping my corporate cyberninja style. Likewise I saw no arm cyberware or optical camo available so far. Visited all ripper docs in watson and all they have is armor or useless (for ninjas at least) garbage cyrberware on sale. Also it looks like they all sell the same stuff? If there are differences there are minor, and I remember that in 1.0 the cyberware stock available at each ripper doc was definitely varied.

This is a hyper-consumerist setting, if I have the cash I should be able to just buy whatever I can afford no matter how gamebreaking FFS.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
I am annoyed I can't use my hard earned cash to buy the leg cyberware allowing you to jump higher, which is gimping my corporate cyberninja style. Likewise I saw no arm cyberware or optical camo available so far. Visited all ripper docs in watson and all they have is armor or useless (for ninjas at least) garbage cyrberware on sale. Also it looks like they all sell the same stuff? If there are differences there are minor, and I remember that in 1.0 the cyberware stock available at each ripper doc was definitely varied.
You need street cred to unlock better shit.

GreyViper

Prophet
I saw they nerfed a lot of iconic weapons too removing their specials. Now they are less unique and I guess does not matter if you use normal or iconic weapon.

Ancient76

Literate
The new police system is just as retarded as the last. The only differences is that instead of dropping out of thin air, they dropping out of sin air in cars.

The random gun shoot breakout is also retarded, especially pairing with the "improved civillain AI".

I was driving my car and bunch of gangsters start shooting each other. The civillians panic and run right before my car, dies and suddenly four police cars are on my tail.

If you want perfection, stop playing games. All open world games have weird situations.
And drive slowly!

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
is there a diff between cyberdecks now? All appear to have same stats at low tiers...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom