Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
This thread is about the work, that thread is about the behind-the-scenes drama.
This thread is also for talking about how handsome and desirable Avellone is.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
God, what I'd give to get a taste of his ass.
1668348635264052.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
Has Avellone ever written about the role of party members with regards to bending to the player's whims?
A bit ironic considering the plot of kotor2 that one of the best counterexamples of this is Kreia. But many of the examples of party members not doing this are in Obsidian games anyways. Prior to that, BG2, something Bioware never did again and instead went for pure player ego stroking.

I'm not sure if writers and players agree on what role party members should have.

Has Avellone ever written about the role of party members with regards to bending to the player's whims?
He spoke about it in an interview. Paraphrasing here: "The best party members are there to fellatiate the player via dialogue." Kreia is actually a decent example of this, by the end of KotOR II, she will potentially call you her greatest student, but she's a much slower burn. KotOR II is not a game for those that require the constant dopamine drip. I get the feeling that, despite this principle guiding him, Chris is also a low-time preference kind of guy that values delaying gratification if it's magnified in the end.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Are there recent pictures or videos of Chris around?

Asking for a friend for....research purposes.

Latest thing I can find is this from 2016:

https://youtu.be/IDteCof-2iI

He's putting on weight, I'm sure his balding has increased.

Did you prefer the younger, more fit version of Chris? Again, I'm simply conducting a survey here.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Increased weight is protective against balding. Chris is strategically leveraging his weight against hair loss.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom