Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
928.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
It's been a long time since I touched vanilla, but I never thought it felt that unfinished. Better with TSLRCM but fine on its own as well. I've seen it said on certain forums that some of the default content was even altered/removed in TSLRCM because it no longer flowed properly/fit the narrative. Would be cool if someone did a comparison video between versions some time, but that would take quite a time commitment.
the last third of the game basically doesn't exist
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cu...nights_of_the_Old_Republic_II:_The_Sith_Lords
https://deadlystream.com/topic/139-whats-restored-in-tslrcm/

also, afaik there's still no official rpgcodex kotor 2 review if someone wants to claim it

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
KOTOR 2's ending drops a lot of plot points but some of the stuff was cut because it just plain wasn't fun (the HK factory) and the restoration doesn't make it fun either.

Codex Year of the Donut
KOTOR 2's ending drops a lot of plot points but some of the stuff was cut because it just plain wasn't fun (the HK factory) and the restoration doesn't make it fun either.
pretty sure you mean M4-78, which isn't a part of TSLRCM because it's not cut content but scrapped content. HK factory was cut due to time constraints, which is why it is included.

proof:
https://web.archive.org/web/20080125175957/www.starwarsknights.com/fullstory.php?id=386
Emperor Devon: TSL's trimmed deadline and subsequent cut content has made the game highly criticized. (Yes, you probably did know that. :P) What would you have done if you'd had those extra few months to work on it? Or if you'd had, through some mysterious and unknown means, unlimited time and funds?

Chris Avellone: What I would have done was finish Malachor V and Revan’s Telos-based HK-50 factory. The HK-50 factory was probably a more realistic goal, I probably could have finished that in two more days, but honestly, the tweaking of the cut scenes would have taken forever (which we discovered elsewhere in K2). I did think it would have been a cool series of levels that would really have let HK-47 shine, however, and there were some good comedic moments in there as well (well, if you find sadism funny).

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The HK factory can be pretty nasty. Hopefully you equipped HK-47 with good armor and a powerful blaster like the Zersium Rifle(if you manage to find it,as all loot in Kotor 2 is level dependent and randomized) or the Mandalorian Heavy Repeater. Another great weapon is the Verpine Droid Disintegrator. It does Ion Damage,which means it bypasses shields and deals extra damage against droids(including those pesky HK-50s).

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
pretty sure you mean M4-78, which isn't a part of TSLRCM because it's not cut content but scrapped content. HK factory was cut due to time constraints,
M4-78 was also cut because of time constraints. It's just that it happened much earlier than the HK factory, hence why there was barely any content for it on the disc.

Shin

Cipher
It's been 10 years (Alpha Protocol) since Chris had a gig as 'lead designer' on a game (KotoR2 before that). Why does Chris nowadays only gets/takes these rather small writing/designing gigs instead of getting his foot in the door as a lead designer somewhere? Is this a conscious choice on his part or did he really turn into a persona non grata due to the Obsidian drama and the allegations of sexual acquisitiveness?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's been 10 years (Alpha Protocol) since Chris had a gig as 'lead designer' on a game (KotoR2 before that). Why does Chris nowadays only gets/takes these rather small writing/designing gigs instead of getting his foot in the door as a lead designer somewhere? Is this a conscious choice on his part or did he really turn into a persona non grata due to the Obsidian drama and the allegations of sexual acquisitiveness?
It was first the former and now it's the latter. No one cared about Obsidian drama though.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I would like to see Chris doing some serious work in the industry again,but given the current state of it,perhaps it is for the best...

Delphik

I would like to see Chris doing some serious work in the industry again,but given the current state of it,perhaps it is for the best...
He's probably forever banished from the gaming industry, maybe it's for the best because every recent game he worked on was mediocre except Prey.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom