Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone grows a pair and fights back against being cancelled

Black

Arcane
Don't even need the early life section for this one.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
This topic makes me go through one of those moments in Codex that make me question my own sanity. Because I see people making arguments that I totally agree with in the same paragraph where they say other completely moronic things. Which makes me question if my opinion isn't actually wrong and I've lost my mind at some point, after all, I can't agree with someone who says such stupid things. Then I see someone else's counter-argument that starts to make sense.... Until I read something equally retarded, or even worse.

Welcome, you seem to be a Human Being. What are you doing here?
(Life is just complex.)

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
This topic makes me go through one of those moments in Codex that make me question my own sanity. Because I see people making arguments that I totally agree with in the same paragraph where they say other completely moronic things. Which makes me question if my opinion isn't actually wrong and I've lost my mind at some point, after all, I can't agree with someone who says such stupid things. Then I see someone else's counter-argument that starts to make sense.... Until I read something equally retarded, or even worse.

Welcome, you seem to be a Human Being. What are you doing here?
(Life is just complex.)

Are you implying that we ar0 010111 101010101 010101 1

Last edited:

Larianshill

Arbiter
i3Thwo-Z_400x400.jpg

Looks like a lawyer you can trust to understand these matters. Avellone is fucked.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Roguey, real-life immigration rights has fuck-all to do with SJW style "diversity and inclusion." I'll give you a hint: One works with actual immigrants and actual problems, pursuing actual solutions. The other stays the fuck away from people like that in life but goes on twitter tirades complaining about fictional representation and language on behalf of imaginary persecuted minorities and imagines herself a champion of truth and justice for it because her circlejerk of fair-weather friends said so. And the former group usually dislikes the latter group because they make the struggle for human rights seem petty and retarded.

You're just jumping to conclusions and being judgmental, really.

Maybe. But given what Kotario posted up above and this other prog-activist lawyer's thoughts, it could be the right conclusion.

https://twitter.com/thewolflawyer/status/1409054608639463429

These Plaintiff’s lawyers at Johnson & Johnson are lucky they’re a media law firm without a twitter presence because I would be dragging them so hard right now. Neville Johnson ought to be ashamed of this pleading. Utter garbage.

So the firm’s website contains these counters. I suspect this litigation will result in an increase in the number of media articles and features. Possibly a few media articles and features about how apparently their client, Chris Avellone, is a sex pest. Good move geniuses.

There are 100 defendants who are all agents of one another. So either, the most convoluted agency authority in history was drafted for the express purpose of creating a paper trail of a conspiracy to defame this bloke or they’re relying on ostensible agency.

Ostensible agency requires that the principal, not the agent, did something which conveyed that the agent was within the scope of their authority. I wonder what these 100 anonymous people did which suggests, objectively that they authorised the others to speak on their behalf.

That seems near impossible to prove. I’m sure the brilliant lawyers at Johnson & Johnson are up to the task and this isn’t just some censorious nonsense designed to chill anyone who would otherwise be anonymously critical of their client into silence. Surely not.

Obviously it’s impossible to conspire with yourself. Can an agent, acting on behalf of their principal and within the scope of their agency, therefore be conspiring with their principal? I’ve never thought about it. Can 100 agents who are also principals be conspiring together?

Christ on a bike: I’m innumerate so maybe I’m wrong but it seems to me that they need to prove about 20,000 agency relationships based on objective facts. If they’re very efficient and the court takes no days off that should only take about 50 years.

I'm not a lawyer or a legal expert so I have no idea if they're just plain wrong because their brains have been broken by their progressive politics or if they're just trying to do their part to intimidate Avellone into dropping the suit (DARVO since they're accusing him of trying to intimidate his accusers) or if they are in fact legally right (in which case I would absolutely believe it was intentional sabotage).

Terra

Cipher
If any of you happened to follow Vic Mignogna's case, yeah... You guys might think MCA's case is a surefire win, but take a look at Vic's case, you'll notice quite a few similarities between the two cases where a bunch of people that the dude thought were his friends suddenly decided to see past events from years ago in a new, SJW-ish light and trash the dude's career. I won't spoil the surprise of how his lawsuit's fared so far, but suffice it to say there seems to be little (barring potential attorney fees and ongoing legal costs) to disincentivise women from randomly inventing allegations and posting them to Twitter given there's zero repurcussions for them even if they're proven false.

The whole system doesn't seem equipped to tackle the modern wrecking ball combo of social media & empowered lunatics on the platform, because apparently it's impossible to join the dots of "allegation with no evidence>twitter mob>fired the next day", clearly, these events are unrelated. But someone being fired and blacklisted from an accusation with zero evidence? That's absolutely fine, apparently.

Rekieta's had some decent videos on Vic's case on his YT channel, hopefully he'll look at Chris's soon.

Mustawd

Someone should ask the video game lawyer to weigh in [EDIT: joke]

Too bad @flyingspaghettimonster is gone.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Seems to me, based on the way Chris phrased some of the sentences in his blogpost, that he has a shitton of old conversations and threats from Karissa from when he was in a relationship with the other chick. It might be quite a bit easier to prove malicious intent depending on what she said and how hostile she was in these messages. She's clearly a sociopath so I wouldn't be surprised if she made serious threats (albeit all bark, no bite) back then, and decided to take it to the next level last year.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Oh and then there's this person.

Was wondering who yesterday's tweets were about. "lol dude really thinks by disarming the few public accusations he'll undo the damage that the quiet sharing of non-public accusations did?!" Didn't know Avellone was still *around*, let alone trying to restore his image.
Michael Elbert. Gamedev since '12. SelfCare, June's Journey, others. Freelance code/design. Ex-medic. Anarchist. purple. Wants a guillotine emoji. (he/they)

The games he lists are exclusively mobile and he claims he lives in Berlin and Vienna so I have no idea why he's the recipient of American RPG dev gossip. Apparently some's been going around though? Peculiar how such allegedly-career-killing gossip wasn't made public back when everyone was piling on him.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Maybe. But given what Kotario posted up above and this other prog-activist lawyer's thoughts, it could be the right conclusion.

https://twitter.com/thewolflawyer/status/1409054608639463429

I'm not a lawyer or a legal expert so I have no idea if they're just plain wrong because their brains have been broken by their progressive politics or if they're just trying to do their part to intimidate Avellone into dropping the suit (DARVO since they're accusing him of trying to intimidate his accusers) or if they are in fact legally right (in which case I would absolutely believe it was intentional sabotage).

Is this what living in US is like? A complete loss of optimism and faith in humanity?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom