Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Murk

Arcane
So after almost 100 hours I finished it. It's been nice to have a game so well done that I could just binge on it nonstop to the end. If PB had any sense they'd cancel the remake right now and just have these guys make games in the Gothic 2 engine. Easily the best RPG of 2021.

PB has no control over it, unfortunately. THQ no-dick passed it to some new studio from spain.

sad.

Alphons

Cipher
Question for the non-Poles- how would you rate the humor?

I find it hard to translate some of my own jokes, so it would be interesting to learn whether the mod team managed it.

Separate topic are references- some of them reference international memes like the Oblivion Potion Seller

or the Oh shit, I'm sorry

But there's also plenty of obscure references to Polish memes, like the Polish dubbing of Asterix and Obelix movie

Do you think they're subtle enough to not notice them or did you know that they're a reference to something you don't understand?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm a Pole and I still haven't noticed many references to our pop-culture because I've never watched Asterix or most other memes :M

I just sometimes thought of them as odd writing. I learn about these memes in this topic that I started reading after I finished archolos

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The non-meme humor is pretty relatable to me, being East German by birth location and from my mother's side. There's a certain honest plainness to it. The mod is very much like Fallout 1 (not 2) where it's very serious for the most part but isn't afraid to add a reference here or a joke there as a random event or when appropriate.

I got all the mainstream memes like the potion seller or the ambulance. But I didn't pick up on any Poland specific memes because they flew right over my head. But this kind of speaks for the mod's quality again because it means they were integrated subtly enough not to annoy those that didn't get them.

Mauman

Learned
Welp....just got my first cutscene bullshit death. Went into an area I wasn't supposed to yet.

The game could have at least given me an option to run like a little bitch.

OMAR

Barely Literate
Hi
I am still at the mission of who killed Stan. I stole Rodrigo key but don't know where is his chest. Also after speaking with Oscar regarding the poison the suggestion is to speak with Fox but there is no active talk with him
Please help

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hi
I am still at the mission of who killed Stan. I stole Rodrigo key but don't know where is his chest. Also after speaking with Oscar regarding the poison the suggestion is to speak with Fox but there is no active talk with him
Please help

Rodrigo's hut is next to the one with Cortez's shack on top, slightly closer to the entrace.

Had same situation with Fox, ended up retrieving Rodrigo's journal first.

OMAR

Barely Literate
Hi
Please help

Rodrigo's hut is next to the one with Cortez's shack on top, slightly closer to the entrace.

Had same situation with Fox, ended up retrieving Rodrigo's journal first.
Thank you my friend

Zariusz

Arbiter
Hi
Please help

Yeah probably journal error, you did this before but game didnt register it in journal. Try talking to Rodrigo and later to his buddy. Then steal his journal.
There are many bugs like this, for example it seems that it was possible to find Kurt in chapter IV before that waterfall house sequence with Kessel. In severs you can find him out of bounds and there will be new journal entry about this, and journal entry for this in chapter V doesnt exist as far as i know.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I just wanted to say that despite its size, the city is very well designed. I was afraid it would be a nuisance to navigate but after a couple of treks through the streets, I'm already pretty familiar with the layout. The city also feels very alive, like you would expect form a Gothic game, though I gotta say that people going to curch at noon (?) is a very cool touch.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I just wanted to say that despite its size, the city is very well designed. I was afraid it would be a nuisance to navigate but after a couple of treks through the streets, I'm already pretty familiar with the layout. The city also feels very alive, like you would expect form a Gothic game, though I gotta say that people going to curch at noon (?) is a very cool touch.

And you can attend mass.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
I'm guessing the devs intended to leave a black bear skin in the endgame dungeon for armor construction, since there is a brown bear skin right there when you find the damaged armor. Perhaps they will fix it next patch.
Thanks for the heads up, as I brought one.

Edit: dammit. I cashed out all my gold and ore beforehand so these new weapon plans will probably go to waste.

Has anyone figured out what to do with the Wisp? It's important enough to warrant a journal entry.

Last edited:

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
So I went and looked up the ending on Youtube to see if I missed anything because it kept crashing at the very end of the sequence. Now everything makes even more sense.

I feel so bad for Marvin. :(

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So I went and looked up the ending on Youtube to see if I missed anything because it kept crashing at the very end of the sequence. Now everything makes even more sense.

I feel so bad for Marvin. :(

Just to make you feel even worse, you probably killed Marvin in Gothic 1 if you killed Scar (Marvin) and Gomez's other lieutenants in Old Camp

Zariusz

Arbiter
Are there any quests with Astrologist in Old Town?

TEH TRUTH AWAITS
This thread is going to be a great foothold for further Potato colonisation of lands of Codexia. Today you are playing Chronicles Of Myrtana with a prestigious dubbing but tomorrow you will be playing real life with that dubbing.

:outrage::outrage::outrage:

The future awaits and it will be glorious...
Yy0aWvN.png

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
When i killed Widow during that bounty he had became aggresive, did this happened to anyone else or Astrologist is just a simp like Marvin.

He only becomes aggressive if he sees you loot her dagger. I guess since the corpse is in his house he lays claim to it.

Murk

Arcane
When i killed Widow during that bounty he had became aggresive, did this happened to anyone else or Astrologist is just a simp like Marvin.

He only becomes aggressive if he sees you loot her dagger. I guess since the corpse is in his house he lays claim to it.

Same happened to me -- after a few in game days he didn't care anymore though and wouldn't attack me on sight. No clue how intended any of it was.

Mauman

Learned
And you can attend mass.

I just wish I could understand it.

Shame subtitles don't work for ambient dialogue, like the priests or the herald.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom