Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Alphons

Cipher
Armour
Leave your guild before Vardhal and talk to Grif (big guy chilling near fireplace in Araxos' main building)

Sòren

Arcane
ah okay. so it's like a no-faction armor.

...except there is another, small faction, as i have heard.

btw forgot to mention: the OST is great.

Antigoon

Augur
Alright, need help with the Orc Plague Quest

At first everything went well, I just finished the Orc invasion at Rita's Vineyard, last diary update sth like the Warlord at Rita's Vineyard was slain. Now I would need to go to Amber Coast to meet Garos. But where the fuck is he? On the beach are only two mercenaries and he is nowhere to be seen. Am I missing something?

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
2022-02-26 19.27.30 store.steampowered.com 3bfb34bbc17a.jpg

5 hours and needing guides to figure out the controls :lol:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I beat it before ELEX II comes out. I didn't have nearly as high stats that others in here had.

A great mod/game. There's not much that compares to it.

Did I find it to be better than Gothic 1/2? No. Do I think that it is equal in quality? Yes. That is still high praise.

My poor hero did not get a great ending, but what can you do, eh?

If any codexer is still on the fence, the mod is basically a must play game that deserves all the credit it can get.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Friendly reminder from Jvegi
It's going to suck, just like every other big mod ever. Cringe, bad direction, lack of balance, boring quests and experimental mechanics which won't work well at all.
It's gonna suck.
Believing poles, amateurs at that, are capable of making a good crpg. How fabulously optimistic.
it's likely to be a shitty mess, like most of the story based mods are.

agris

Arcane
Patron
While his sentient is 100% supported by, well, almost everything ever released - you gotta keep an open mind and accept reality. Fans of Gothic got lucky and won the mod lottery.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Friendly reminder from Jvegi
It's going to suck, just like every other big mod ever. Cringe, bad direction, lack of balance, boring quests and experimental mechanics which won't work well at all.
It's gonna suck.
Believing poles, amateurs at that, are capable of making a good crpg. How fabulously optimistic.
it's likely to be a shitty mess, like most of the story based mods are.
It does suck. The first fifteen minutes do at least.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hello friends.

I had such a wonderful time with CoM and asked many people on the CoM Discord what they'd recommend next. They recommended the Skyrim mod Enderal. I was doubtful but-

It's really nice. The world is mysterious and beautiful. There's no level scaling at all. The world is full of hand-placed useful loot and secrets. Basically it's like a Gothic game in the Skyrim engine. It's challenging, too. The quests also feel like CoM with different outcomes here and there.

I just wanted to recommend it in case you haven't tried it. It's fun and a great game to play after CoM.

I'm only recommending it here because being the Codex we are right to be suspicious about anything in the Skyrim engine. But Enderal is great despite that handicap. Give it a try!

agris

Arcane
Patron
Jasede are spells still gated via vendor availability, and magically appear for sale when you hit magic school skill values in increments of 25?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can't comment on that because my character isn't using magic!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom