Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Apparantly they plan one for every friday until release.

So going to play a game in which I kick the pope out of Rome and one in which I invade France through Spain. Isjallah!

mondblut

Arcane
How much would I have to pay for a "put all the selected armies which have ships in the same county and can fit inside aboard, ignore the rest" button DLC? Or a "raise levies of a selected duchy/kingdom" button DLC?

I swear, next time my Iceland-to-Bjarmia-to-Alexandria HRE goes to war against some muslim shithole I still haven't conquered, I'll just raise my 300k realm levies, drag-and-hold across the whole map and r-click on the target without wasting a second on organizing them - overland. Army management on anything higher than duchy level is absolute nightmare.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
How much would I have to pay for a "put all the selected armies which have ships in the same county and can fit inside aboard, ignore the rest" button DLC? Or a "raise levies of a selected duchy/kingdom" button DLC?

I swear, next time my Iceland-to-Bjarmia-to-Alexandria HRE goes to war against some muslim shithole I still haven't conquered, I'll just raise my 300k realm levies, drag-and-hold across the whole map and r-click on the target without wasting a second on organizing them - overland. Army management on anything higher than duchy level is absolute nightmare.
Actually, you can raise Realm Levies by duchy and kingdom if those titles belong to vassals. You can use the vassal tab in your military window and, for example, sort the vassals by the total number of troops they can raise, and then raise the ones you want, either their personal or their realm levies.

mondblut

Arcane
Actually, you can raise Realm Levies by duchy and kingdom if those titles belong to vassals. You can use the vassal tab in your military window and, for example, sort the vassals by the total number of troops they can raise, and then raise the ones you want, either their personal or their realm levies.

When I want to, say, snatch another piece of Hungary, I need to raise vassals in Bohemia, Croatia, eastern Italy and southern Poland - if I have to seek them in a list of 200+ human faces sorted by name, number of troops and, at best, their rank, raising them county by county manually doesn't look as bleak any longer :/ I need geography-based sorting. What stops them from putting these buttons on a realm description window?

And don't let me start with the character browser... wtf can't I filter out heirs (I don't even hope for 2nd or 3rd heirs) to make sure that newly conquered county in Tunis I am giving away to somebody nice won't possibly become a part of the kingdom of Finland in a generation? Why can I only filter "adults" and "non-adults", but not "non-adults I can already tutor into my glorious imperial culture" vs "non-adults that don't matter shit yet" vs "adults I can bang and have children from" vs "adults that don't matter shit any longer"? Why can't I look for geniuses or filter out inbreds? Instead, we have such important filters as "in prison" and "great house", which I used exactly twice in my 200 years as Denmark cum Europa-wide HRE. Why why why?

Whoever designed the character browser in CK2 has to be locked up for a month with no other entertainment but FM2011 to learn something about the way the interfaces involving thousands of characters with dozens of stats have to work. And whoever designed levy interface, must do likewise with a patched CK2 only allowing to play empires. If he retains at least a shred of his former sanity after a week, it will result in a MUCH better game.

Vaarna_Aarne

If you have a duke, raising his realm levies raises all his realm levies, which almost certainly will mean the entire duchy. Same thing with all vassals. If you wish to have it as easy as that, you better give those vassals some delegation.

What I think is far more concerning on the list of things to fix instead of character browser is that your empire didn't collapse on itself when you over-expanded to that degree.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

mondblut

Arcane
If you have a duke, raising his realm levies raises all his realm levies, which almost certainly will mean the entire duchy. Same thing with all vassals.

:roll: Raising the troops of a duchy is not a problem. Finding said duchy in a scrolling list of 200 men with only the duke's snout for a guidance is.

What I think is far more concerning on the list of things to fix instead of character browser is that your empire didn't collapse on itself when you over-expanded to that degree.

LARPers to the rescue, evil map-painters want an interface better suited for their despicable gamist ways! This shall not pass!

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
is that your empire didn't collapse on itself when you over-expanded to that degree.

Yeah, I'm surprised as well. Nothing to do with larping or such nonsense but having to do with the mechanics in place. Anything bigger than a duchy is a task, anything bigger than a kingdom is a challenge and when you actually try to keep together something like a HRE you should be in for quite a juggling match. Not to mention a shitload of savescumming.

And the interface could definitely use work. To call it less than intuitive would be kind.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I'm more interested in what happens if you're a Muslim with multiple wives and convert to Christianity.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm wondering what will happen if you're Christian and convert to Islam, but don't own the DLC.
Conversion has been confirmed as disabled, if you don't have the DLC. I can live with that, as long as the mechanics stay. My understanding is that the DLC is basically only an interface revamp that works for the new Islam mechanics.

I just hope that in patch 1.7 there will be an improvement to empire mechanics. It shouldn't just be another tier above kingdom and held kingdoms shouldn't act as if they are duchies. Most importantly, as a game I think it's important that kingdoms within the empire control their own troops, so as to make playing empires viable.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Oh it is on! Now that my viking horde rules supreme (started as denmark, conquered scandinavia and british islands, converted to norse faith, survived HRE backlash and 2 crusades) my next project will be to bring the glory of Islam all the way north to "enrich" Sweden. ALLAH IS MERCIFUL! :smug:

Vaarna_Aarne

How would I go about adding a titular kingdom? I've created an entry in landed_titles.txt with a capital region specified, a coat of arms file sin the relevant directory. Whats more is needed?
Make sure you have all the brackets made correctly. You can look for an example in my mod, which has the wholly new Khanty-Mansia titular duchy.

EDIT: Anyone figured out how the religion changes to title name and flag work? I'd rather make Khanty-Mansia a non-Christian version of Tyumen, or turn Tyumen into a Christian variant of Khanty-Mansia.

Would you post some example data?

This is what I've currently put in landed_titles.text

Code:
k_prussia = {
    color = { 159 196 75 }
    capital    = 370 # Marienburg

allow = {
                   OR = {
                            religion = catholic
                            is_heresy_of = catholic
                           } 
               }
}

Anything else some were I need to put in?

Vaarna_Aarne

Technically you don't need even that much for a titular title, as the game disregards all conditions for it due to the lack of territorial conditions. The issue is that you need to create a decision that creates the kingdom, as titular titles CANNOT be created and usurped like normal titles (aside from inheritance claim shenanigans). This is generally why you only see Titular titles enter the game at the start.

In fact, this is how much info a titular title without special functions needs in the game:

Code:
d_khantymansi = {
    color = { 173 158 60 }
}

Well thats odd for I have seen titular kingdoms become created during the game in the latest patch such as kingdom of Napels, for they can be created if they have a capital region I believe. The odd thing is that while I can search for other titular titles and find them through the search function in game, I can not find the title I added to the titles file.

Vaarna_Aarne

Hmmmmmmm...

Are you using a mod folder?

EDIT: Also, I haven't gone through aspects of the new patch yet. I'll update my mod again after Iznogoud DLC.

Finally,it's... it's glorious!

KnkBf.jpg

For some reason I needed a localization file for it to work. Well any way now it is time to do what I wanted to do in my very first game of CK 1. I started as the duke of brandenburg and expanded east in the hopes of being able to create my own kingdom (as that would make me independent, in CK 1 there was no HRE mechanic only the king of Germany) thinking that a title for Prussia might exist. Sadly no such thing existed. Well time for world conquest. Got mitt uns!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom