Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Ah that figures! And yes, you DO need localization files for most things to work, events and decisions are generally the exception in this regard.

Multi-headed Cow

My beautiful three throne kingdom has collapsed. I technically could've kept playing as a crippled king of England, but after losing Ireland and Wales I didn't feel like having my ass handed to me as England, which I'm sure it would have since he had fuck-all money and troops.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596972801506596325/FC786B51DF51072E68AB7E1CDA432ADDC568E808/

RIP glorious kingdom. All it took was a shitty king who died in battle against a ton of rebels and then his 2-3 year old son becoming king with a regency which caused even more rebellion.

Vaarna_Aarne

My beautiful three throne kingdom has collapsed. I technically could've kept playing as a crippled king of England, but after losing Ireland and Wales I didn't feel like having my ass handed to me as England, which I'm sure it would have since he had fuck-all money and troops.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596972801506596325/FC786B51DF51072E68AB7E1CDA432ADDC568E808/

RIP glorious kingdom. All it took was a shitty king who died in battle against a ton of rebels and then his 2-3 year old son becoming king with a regency which caused even more rebellion.
You know, you could have just let the rebels go and bide your time.

Multi-headed Cow

Things seemed manageable until my king died in a battle. After that I tried letting the rebels go and everything still fell apart. No biggy, I'll try again elsewhere.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
What shield mod are you using, Multi-headed Cow? Your house insignias on the scoreboard look different than mine.

Currently biding my time and waiting for the DLC so I can bring the light of Islam to the heatens and install sultan Andhaira as the next pope.

Orthodox or Catholic, which is more heathen and why? DISCUSS!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Things seemed manageable until my king died in a battle. After that I tried letting the rebels go and everything still fell apart. No biggy, I'll try again elsewhere.

I had a game as house de Lusignian where France fell apart because of me - I was a duke with high ambitions and effectively destroyed the kingdom while getting the crown. Didnt matter much since I retook all lands easily - mainly peacefully too since dukes like to swear fealty to their de iure liege. So kingdoms falling apart isnt a big deal UNLESS a third party takes those lands.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Polygamy

The way polygamy works is that only your first wife gives you a skill bonus, but you're allowed to marry up to four. They all give you alliances, and they can all provide you with heirs. Rulers are expected to marry a number of wives corresponding to their station, so a Sultan should have four, or he will take a monthly prestige hit, whereas an Emir is only expected to have three wives, etc. Having multiple wives means that you will produce a lot of offspring, many of them half-siblings. Ambitious mothers will tend to favour their own sons, which can lead to all kinds of nasty business through events...

:bounce:

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Muslim unique game mechanics looks interesting. And I also like the new claim system, with strong and weak types.

Phelot

Arcane
Polygamy

The way polygamy works is that only your first wife gives you a skill bonus, but you're allowed to marry up to four. They all give you alliances, and they can all provide you with heirs. Rulers are expected to marry a number of wives corresponding to their station, so a Sultan should have four, or he will take a monthly prestige hit, whereas an Emir is only expected to have three wives, etc. Having multiple wives means that you will produce a lot of offspring, many of them half-siblings. Ambitious mothers will tend to favour their own sons, which can lead to all kinds of nasty business through events...

My God.... the potential fapping of this!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The funny thing is someone already found a way to avoid the problems stemming from polygamy: you marry one 16yo and 3 60yo to avoid penalties but still only get one family.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
i am planning another grand codex crusader game once the expansion hits, any interest?
Totally.

The funny thing is someone already found a way to avoid the problems stemming from polygamy: you marry one 16yo and 3 60yo to avoid penalties but still only get one family.
Easily patched, even if they didn't think of it. Enforce that a wife only counts if she's of child-bearing age.

CK2 multi player, hell yeah.

Any is it just me or do the mongols have a way to easy time conquering very large kingdoms. Due to how easily they can acquire 100% war score in comparison to th size of the realm. Compare this to my recent game.

mVg98.jpg

Okay this is the Kingdom of Rus. Pretty fucking huge and powerful, probably equally or more powerful than either emperor.

Along comes the damn mongolians...
FGPsS.jpg

Yeah let's just surrender the entire huge ass kingdom just because they took a couple of piss poor border provinces. We need something like the Ck1 holy war were they only take what they actually capture.

Vaarna_Aarne

Polygamy

Still needs Grand Vizier DLC.

EDIT: Thanks for bringing that to my attention Merk. Rest assured, I'm going to mod the fuck out of how Tribal Invasion works now (in case I didn't already), so that it only grants you conquered land (and non-Christian vassals to make Islamification more likely).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom