Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

DakaSha

Arcane
So I sent my current guy into battle and he got wrecked.. Knocked incapable then maimed.
Does setting them as a flank leader (which he wasnt) lower the risk of being wounded/killed in combat?

If so are there any benefits of fighting on the front lines? (Events etc)

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Generally it's just best to set your very best leaders for each army, not worry about a little personal prestige you might get from events. However, generally the flipside is that most likely the ruler is among the best leaders.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So I sent my current guy into battle and he got wrecked.. Knocked incapable then maimed.
Does setting them as a flank leader (which he wasnt) lower the risk of being wounded/killed in combat?

If so are there any benefits of fighting on the front lines? (Events etc)

Fighting on the front lines can give you certain traits, trace amounts of prestige and improve your martial education (its possible to go from the lowest to the highest). It also carries a big risk of being maimed and smaller one of getting killed/incapacitated.

Flanks dont matter since all those are combat based events ie can happen when your character is in combat, no matter where. Not sure if they modify chances of event firing tho.

Dont ever go fighting if you cant afford a succession. On the other hand fighting can be a good forge of character.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
I wouldn't really bother fighting in the front lines with my King. If you get captured the enemy automatically gets 100% war score.

Not sure if they can actually force you to accept peace at that point.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wouldn't really bother fighting in the front lines with my King. If you get captured the enemy automatically gets 100% war score.

Not sure if they can actually force you to accept peace at that point.

I don't think so but it's pretty hopeless for you to win the war from that point, because as long as the king is imprisoned by the enemy, they have 100% warscore, and the likelyhood of them releasing or ransoming your king is close to 0.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
You know, after playing this one for ages I really hope they'll add both more ambitions, plots and events to the game with the next patch/dlc. It could use some more personalised drama and/or c&c to liven up the whole Medieval Dynasty Sim part. As it is I really feel that Paradox has lost quite a bit of that aspect of the game and instead replaced it with their usual generic mappainting.

Either that or we need someone to go and make a new DVIP. None of the current mods even come close to the awesome that was.

EDIT: And I miss the violently psychotic nature of the AI from the beta. When your entire family is plotting to kill you or rise up against you and your neighbour is looking for any excuse to curbstomp you out of existence you know you're in the middle ages.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, I am going to work on adding a bit of that for the Finno-Ugric pagans in the next version of my mod, since I'm not adding new religion mechanics. Gotta have something special you know.

I'll also disable tournaments for them and add entirely new replacements, like summers' end festivals where one Strong character in the realm can win a contest of strength for example.

Garm

Learned
Is it possible to legitimize a bastard grandchild? In my current game one of my ruler's daughters had a bastard son and I chose to take them both in...I'd love to somehow legitimize him since I'm in the process of taking over Sweden (started as Angermanland) and the prospect of a bastard Norse king of Sweden sounds hilarious.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Is it possible to legitimize a bastard grandchild? In my current game one of my ruler's daughters had a bastard son and I chose to take them both in...I'd love to somehow legitimize him since I'm in the process of taking over Sweden (started as Angermanland) and the prospect of a bastard Norse king of Sweden sounds hilarious.
Bastards can only be legitimized at birth AFAIK.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
there's an option in the intrigues-screen to legitimize a bastard child... but it only shows up for the parents

New DLC for CK2? Discuss!!!

ZGuwB.png

oscar

Arcane
Orthodox already has a few specific events (icons) while Pagan has absolutely nothing. Doesn't matter so much for vanilla but it'd be nice for alternate history mods like Lux Invicta.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Pagan's don't need anything since they're not supposed to be playable, they only exist to be conquered by Christians and Muslims :smug:
Orthodoxy does need to be fleshed out, they're quite bland in the base game compared to Catholics.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yes, especially the patriarch needs some more features. Also maybe some specific mechanics for ERE.

scratchmonkey

Educated
There's a lot more crying out for ERE-specific mechanics on the Pdox forums than for pagans, so this doesn't particularly surprise me.

mondblut

Arcane
First towelheads, now greek sissies? I feel insulted.

What CK2 truly needs is an addon shifting the timeline a couple of centuries back (or 5-6 centuries rather, but that's too awesome to happen). With the Pagan DLC, of course. But I bet they'd sooner make a Subsaharan Niggers DLC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom