Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Clockwork Revolution - inXile's steampunk time travel first-person action-RPG led by Chad Moore and Jason Anderson

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Now that all their competition are on the verge of committing seppuku, do we think InXile finally has chance of breaking into mainstream RPG glory?

1718389066216.png

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Fargo was never the Christ of RPGs.

He was Lucifer.
He rebelled against tyranny and arbitrary law in RPG Game design? Hell yes! :salute:

Bin ich ein Gott? Mir wird so licht!

His light is dark. It blinded us, bringing false comfort followed by decline.
If it weren't for him, David Gaider would still be writing mecha descriptions in subsequent Mechwarrior installments.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Remember Fargo mismanaged Interplay so badly, it killed off Black Hound and Van Buren.
And that sack of shit is still allowed to manage a company today with Microsoft's grace.
Count your blessings. A project lead who fucks things up 90% of the time and delivers a good game 10% of the time is still a fucking godsend.

Lemming42

Arcane
Fargo's a used car salesman but as far as I'm concerned he's delivered on his projects in the last decade, ensured they're of a decent quality level*, and got them out on time and content-complete, which isn't common in the modern era.

*WL2 and WL3. Don't care about Tides of Numanuma lol

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Fargo's a used car salesman but as far as I'm concerned he's delivered on his projects in the last decade, ensured they're of a decent quality level*, and got them out on time and content-complete, which isn't common in the modern era.

WL2: Director's Cut and WL3 are definitely some of the best RPGs from this millennium, yes. Especially the WL2:DC is one of the most underrated games ever.

Than again Numanuma is irreedemable hot garbage and BT4 is a game with a promising core wrapped in a thick layer of terrible, misguided ideas and execution.

So I don't really know what the fuck is happening inside inXile.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

I'd say he's 2/4. The Wastelands have been decent, BT4 and Numanuma less so.

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent
Fargo was never the Christ of RPGs.

He was Lucifer.
He rebelled against tyranny and arbitrary law in RPG Game design? Hell yes! :salute:
Fargo did rebel against good game design and RPG convention but he's a lesser general in hell, the real Satan is Richard Garriott. When faggots fuck their offspring is shit, and when Fargo raped the RPG genre with casual graphical blockbusters he spawned many evils also. I think Interplay might have been one of the first to offer pre-order DLC bonuses, Todd Howard and Altman, those two vicious kikes popularized DLC digitally with horse armor DLC later on, but Interplay offered you merchants with OP weapons if you pre-ordered Baldur's Gate 2 and Icewind Dale 2 long before that.

It was Brian Fargo's loins that spawned the CRPG cancer of "romances", visual novel centric "gameplay", and unleashed Biowarian design principles on the genre. Any of the gay shit that wasn't allready pioneeed by Garriott is on Fargo's hands. And now he's making an even woker version of Bioshock, an awful game by a spiteful kike riding the fumes of System Shock, a game he did not make, which he keeps doing even now with Jewdas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom