Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Codex Bloodbowl League

bionicman

Liturgist
Maybe I have the most hours invested in blood bowl, but it doesn't mean I'm the best. I learn new things about it every day, also the game is so random it doesn't really matter I know how to play it, I'll still lose.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Zanzoken if you dont finally learn that you should never end your turn without blitzing i will personally come over and shove a red hot poker up your ass

Zanzoken

Arcane
good game Harthwain :salute:

sorry I played lilty as fuck from the start and eventually lost my temper... will try to have a better attitude next time

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
sorry I played lilty as fuck from the start and eventually lost my temper... will try to have a better attitude next time
You had reasons to be upset. I killed your Catcher (he got Apoed into substitution but still). Then you essentially lost the half and I used that to stomp two of your Linelfs, which caused you to give me a bunch of free hits.

At the start of the second half you got one of your players KOed and another stunned, meaning the holes in your lines started to appear. Between me stacking enough men to make sure you couldn't stay in contact (therefore forcing you to make dodges) and getting good enough dice on blitzes (which helped to clear your players for a moment AND base them) I don't think there was much you could do. Maybe trying to sneak in some Linelfs to threaten my rear? You messed up your positioning at one point, but you also had bad dice too (there was a crucial 1D re-rolled into 1D. Both skulls).

And when I managed to fortify my Little Gibraltar in your corner of the pitch and started blocking/blitzing/fouling the only thing you could do was to blitz and foul back in an attempt to either draw out some of my men or force me score (kind of what I did when playing against Dark Elves). It's not really a tactic for an Elf, but it was the best shot you had then (other than doing something really crazy). And speaking of things to be upset about, I managed to kill another of your Catchers by fouling, so I totally get why you were tilted.

The way I deal with it is by trying to focus on what I can do. It's something I picked up from cKnoor (a Blood Bowl 2 YouTuber. I wholeheartedly recommend his videos. Basically the only person I can stand watching, because even when talking with viewers he talks in the context of the game. He uses good quality micro, doesn't use music in the background and is overall very cool-headed. Even during the moments when everything goes wrong for him. I learned a lot from his videos simply by the process of occlusion).

I will admit you had me scared when I saw your perfect cage formed past your half of the pitch. It was the moment when I started to seriously form up an anti-Elf line, which managed to hold. I think if you had your guys more dispersed (besides the cage itself) I would have had much more problems containing every potential threat.

Also, I have to point out this was yet another game with minimal/no KOs/injuries on my part. Then again, I have only 3 plebeans on the pitch at this point, the rest being players with AV8 and Block or Wrestle, so this could be the reason why. You, on the other hand, had 2 Blitzers and 2 Catchers with Dodge, meaning your options when it came to hitting things were much more limited.

Edit: some typos.

Last edited:

Zanzoken

Arcane
Harthwain Thanks man, I appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback and tips.

Honestly bad dice rolls don't really bother me too much since that's just part of the game. With the exception of the injury / death rolls, I don't really even think the dice were particularly bad for me this game.

What gets me frustrated and tilted is when I make a lot of unforced errors. Stuff like:

- not properly protecting the ball in the first half and letting my Thrower get hit
- failing to properly blitz and screen to move the ball down the pitch effectively
- failing to get enough scoring threats in place at the end of the half, spoiling the whole drive
- then in the second half, setting up a blitz and then moving my players to block my blitzer's path like a complete retard
- and an overall general theme of not setting enough 2-dice blocks, putting pressure on your team, or having a coherent plan for what I was trying to do

This High Elf team is already underpowered, compounded by the fact that I haven't leveled them correctly, so if I don't play well then I'm simply not going to be competitive.
At the end of the day it's all good, and I need be patient with myself. With <10 matches under my belt, obviously I'm going to suck for a while longer. I'm just looking forward to getting this league over with, retiring this crappy team, and hopefully doing better next time. :M

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
bionicman When would be be available & ready to squash my dreams, belittle me and make me feel inferior as your vampingtons prance around to score drive after drive? Bring the pain on!

vazha

Arcane
Will be in 1 hour, just about to start a fumbbl match. No worries, I am equally shit at every team as Zanzo can testify :D

Harthwain

Magister
Also, I'm not good with vampires, that's why I picked them.
Just remember not to Hypnogaze with them when they are on the ground, because that ends with automatic turnover right after the Hypnogaze action if you happen to fail Bloodlust.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think it was mostly my fault my elves were massacred I gave up 51 blocks so don't feel too bad.
It's easy, just don't get injured bro, just say no thanks
YJa2D8d.png

(yours truly vs. Zanzoken's elves)

Not looking forward to that match, it's going to be the final boss for my team.
Don't patronise me. As for when to play, I dunno, tomorrow at 19 CEST?

bionicman

Liturgist
Can we play on Tuesday instead? If you can't on Tuesday then some other day later, since I can't tomorrow.

So, my suggestion is Tuesday 19 CEST.

vazha

Arcane
ready and pissed because got completely diced on fumbbl (also my own stupidity ofc but massive 1d pows didnt help). Are we friends on steam?

bionicman

Liturgist
You can tell me how to add you on steam in blood bowl chat. I'm online in the game waiting for you.

vazha

Arcane
That was a (relatively) fun match, thankee very much bionicman )) Got outplayed and out-lucked, but eked out an unlikely draw. Nobody leveled though, so next match's gonna be propa tuff.

bionicman

Liturgist
Bloodthirsty vampires weren't too bloodthirsty this match and not many thralls were harmed. Generally speaking, vazha 's chorfs were rather unlucky, rolled lots of double skulls. That's why it was a draw.

Good game, vazha.

Also, Strange Fellow

Don't patronise me.

I was referring to the match vs Darth Roxor , not your match, but then again now that I think about it, these greenskins of yours will be a cakewalk.

vazha

Arcane
I didnt mind the dubskulls as much as you playing vampires and not needing any of your 5 rerolls during the first half ))
When s the next match folks? I am eager for more bashery.

Zanzoken

Arcane
vazha sorry I just saw your message... you still want to go now?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom