Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread

Discussion in 'Iron Tower Studio' started by Infinitron, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Savecummer Latest Doxxer Account Edgy

Unwanted
    Did the skill progression for tagged vs not tagged
    [​IMG]
    every square is about ~100xp
    for tagged line i just halved the xp required... hopefully this is not a thinking error...
    and guesstimated lvl 10 to 11 to require twice the xp from 9to10, ie 4200, its probably less

even at lvl 11 you are looking at max 2 higher skilllevel...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. lukaszek the determinator Patron

lukaszek
    #BUGREPORT
    when you side with regulators but are weakling so you get sent to defend the gate - I load turret with ammo only to discover that it doesnt join the fight.

nvm I missed targetting module

^ Top  
  3. lukaszek the determinator Patron

lukaszek
    how do you get mercy to take over? Is it gated behind social checks?

^ Top  
  4. Nm6k Novice

Nm6k
    You have to side with Braxton, get Mercy to join him, then choose to join in on the big fight

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Savecummer Latest Doxxer Account Edgy

Unwanted
    jan 2016

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    And their plan is for a Nov 2022 official release. What are the odds they make that?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. nimateb Educated

nimateb
    Didn't read the thread but came here to say playing a combat build with no option to speed up the combat is not fun. I guess its coming on future patch

• Shit Shit x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Savecummer Latest Doxxer Account Edgy

Unwanted
    This should be used when you enter the Armory and get the stale dialogue displayed before you click 'explore'
    Same for hydro and pit since you have the concept art...
    [​IMG]

sOlVeD:lol:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. lukaszek the determinator Patron

lukaszek
    [​IMG]

my sneak + sciencie character, quite enjoyable. Those speech checks were raised from failures, might want to try some other non combar character with skills more spread thin.
    Lockpick didnt receive upgrade at start but was tagged. The way I saw, sneaky character wouldnt be able to go for it by removing tag too. No idea if skill upgrade without tag is viable.
    Steal had no upgrade nor tag, completed every check.
    Sneak had both tag and upgrade, will probably try next without upgrade. Dex is quite important as without it you wont move far enough early on
    computer had both tag and upgrade. Im interested in trying to go for it without upgrade next time(use token).
    Electronics had both upgrade and tag. Upgrade is important as otherwise you wont lvl it up at all. I will try to drop tag next time.
    Biotech came for free, failed nothing.
    CS received quite a boost from token in the end, otherwise im not sure id reach lvl 4. Raising this skill is riddiculous. I am not sure if assassin and talker can be paired at all but will try. With how hard it is to raise it, tag might not be needed.
    Traits are cool, feats are lackluster. This character had nothing to grab, hence unspent point.

btw, does int xp bonus count for lvling up or skills too?

^ Top  
  10. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Pretty sure the int xp is just for character xp, not skill xp. The big payoff for int is the mastermind perk for sure, +50% learning rate is really good for creating a jack of all trades. I'm quite surprised you managed to get 17 stealth reputation. Do you get massive stealth rep payoffs if you backstab everyone or what?

^ Top  
  11. lukaszek the determinator Patron

lukaszek
    Maybe? When I go braxton route I actually reach 20 stealth rep.
    Just did a quick check: going in and silently killing all 3 enemies(kill samuel quest) rewards 3 rep. Calculation might not be that easy though. You get 1 rep for entering sneak mode, 2 after sneak mode ends and all 3 are dead. How its really calculated - no idea.
    Also there is no notion of body count - only combat which isnt raised during takedowns. I havent seen single time my stealth reputation came into picture. 20 is still shoplifter title.
    I went out of my way to amass as many takedowns as possible, probably all there are to be gained, maybe more since that shield device thing is likely a bug, not a feature(ive gotten 2 kills that way).
    As such Id say that critical strike at 5 is ridiculously low. If not for token bonus, it wouldnt surprise me if it didnt reach 4th level. Btw it could be higher than this 6 that im having - could go hard on dagger swings to lvl it up this way, also one of armory tokens offer CS afaik. No idea how much though.

thats how i understood it too but wanted to be sure. After all you can raise int to 11...

so... what are actual benefits of leveling up? Feat point from time to time? I do hope we get something more interesting then...

^ Top  
  12. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    A feat point every time you level up, more with Mastermind.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Efe Liturgist

Efe
    who else can I recruit besides the first guy?
    having a hard time alone

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    Jed - talk to Whiskey Jack to start the quest. Faythe - talk to Earl and do his first quest, he will send you to Faythe right after.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Go to the Earl's Office - it's at Camptown. Speak to him. He'll give you a couple of quests. One is with Chance. The other, and last, quest will give you access to Faythe - she's a companion. Speak to Jack at Whiskey Jack. He'lll want you hunt down Jed. Jed is hanging somewhere in Drain at Camptown. Don't kill him. Hear him out. He'll offer a quest. Do it. And you'll get another companion. In total, there are three companions.

^ Top  
  16. Savecummer Latest Doxxer Account Edgy

Unwanted
    Is Pistoleros reaction bonus working?
    [​IMG]

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    As far as I know. The reaction bonus there is for all weapons, whereas Pistolero grants it to pistols only.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Savecummer Latest Doxxer Account Edgy

Unwanted
    Yeah, it works. Its displayed in the Invenory screen.
    lukaszek its a cheatengine char, I needed that to get the xp thresholds quickly.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. LudensCogitet Learned

LudensCogitet
    So I picked rifle as my weapon skill, but it seems like all of the fights (at least early on, I haven't gotten far) are in very close quarters and / or involve melee opponents that gang up quickly.

Anyone else try a rifle build and find a way to make it work?

^ Top  
  20. Nm6k Novice

Nm6k
    I did though I haven't beat the whole chapter yet

^ Top  
  21. Nm6k Novice

Nm6k
  22. Takamori Learned

Takamori
    After overdosing on Battle Brothers, to avoid burn out decided to buy and play. So far nothing new that has been mentioned here yet regarding bugs, balance and story.
    Having a blast but I remember we spoke back when the demo released regarding death animation and you said that you were looking to improve then, are they still on the plans? Or sadly due to budget and time constraints they were a casuality from the to do list?
    I would love to have death animation based on the aimed shot for example, blood decals , stuff that tell an after story of what happened during combat, that sort of stuff improves the player experience IMO. Call me a grafix whore if must but this sort of visual feedback improve the RPG feel depending if you want to give a more dark tone. And the OST and the sort of hopeless feel and people trying to make through in the Colony Ship sure give a more in the downs feel.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. TheSoul Novice

TheSoul
    Few questions about EA so far

1.) I'm healing after every battle, is that changed from AOD or is it a bug?

2.) Are there stats checks? I've only been seeing skill checks so far (just visited hydroponics).

3.) Is tagging speech skills for companions used or is it a trap?

4.) Is it planned to include status effects in the turn order? It was in Dungeon Rats and I thought it helped.

^ Top  
  24. Twiglard Arcane Sad Loser

Twiglard
    This only happens for me when I'm in the Armory or other dungeon section. When in town, I have to heal manually.

Yeah, at least Charisma checks.

^ Top  
  25. Luckmann Arcane Zionist Agent

Luckmann
    There's no way to give companions implants in the game yet, is there?

• No No x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.