Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Turn_BASED

Educated
yeah, game feels pretty much worse than aod and dungeon rats...
its pretty banal (shit) boring all around, as was shown in early access

banal
boring
soulless
stiff
uninspired
nothing

i would write more but too lazy, there are many a wrong in this gayme here

writing is shit (its like scifi brutalism, dreary soulless shit, there is no idea like in golden age scifi story, just futuristic brutalism), im already not reading what npcs says, only reading the response options, pressing 123, especially in the dialogue minigame...
i still dont give the tiniest of shit if jonas or regulators win and why is it blocking habitat...?

combat is shit, tough fights feel like im dicking around the ai and the rng more than aod and dungeon rats (and that says alot cause i dicked the ai around in dungeon rats a bunch); ai decides to focus down fayth? u r done -> move one square left (without reason!) -> they aggro the tank! - this completely decides the outcome
land a crit right and dominoes fall
aim legs, aim legs, aim legs, aim legs, aim legs... quetsions?
there are only 2 trivial things that i had to decide in combat: do i poison or flashbang depending on resists, AND, sometimes you have to go melee
well... two times i had to reshuffle armor and who gets which gadget

i dont have an opinion on sneaking and starting combat from it, havent thought about it deeper

enemy type is utterly unreadable, is it a pistol or rifle, how much armor where... and so on
enemy variety is so sad, just compare to underrail, cause its practically 1 damage type == physical
i differentiate enemies in melee, ranged, and if its a fucker with obscene reactions and accuracy
there are weapon effect but i have not seen bleed or knockdown, they just shoot you at legs arms head, i dont pay attention to it
itemisation is shit: if im looking at gear after a fight, spot a new boots and look over the numbers and decide that i dont care? well thats bad! terrible! i have a full inventory of vendortrash variants and i only look at them when a fight is not falling even with rng help

graphics are eh, i find them mostly ...unpleasant, hydroponics can be nice to look at just like a nice green hedge can be looked at...
monochrome inventory and outer glow on on soulless plastic trash though, gee, desaturated blackness is the motto

quests... i dunno... they are so compartmentalized, this kill-steal-speak is just ...sovlless...
like on one hand cs offers more options and more approaches to every quests than aod but
it feels like a rogue casting shoot_arrow, vs a fighter casting hit_sowrd, vs mage casting teleport
they start at the same place, and finish in the same place, they have differnt names but feel identical

ooooh, you know how vd made an rpg into a shitty meta-chaining-adventure by denying you free xp allocation and hoarding? well, they "backpedaled"! now you can hoard feats! which can give instant 2 skillpoints if you want to check what is in those 7 lockpick lockers and reload, or pass any trashtier speech miniigame and see if its to your liking |
we are back in bizness fellow powergays! i am hoarding 2 token dispensers right noa!!! they give 400xp crit strike but only 200 for other skills *sadface*

music is different enough, but i wouldnt recognize a tune 10 minutes later... slightly better than elevator?

aod felt more interesting from the get go, dungeon rats had the luxury of very strong weapon type differentiation
cs has nothing but unreal engine with hidden lockpick targets clipping though walls
dead inside
You must be less than 300 pounds to post in this thread

Sòren

Arcane
yeah, game feels pretty much worse than aod and dungeon rats...
its pretty banal (shit) boring all around, as was shown in early access

banal
boring
soulless
stiff
uninspired
nothing

i would write more but too lazy, there are many a wrong in this gayme here

writing is shit (its like scifi brutalism, dreary soulless shit, there is no idea like in golden age scifi story, just futuristic brutalism), im already not reading what npcs says, only reading the response options, pressing 123, especially in the dialogue minigame...
i still dont give the tiniest of shit if jonas or regulators win and why is it blocking habitat...?

combat is shit, tough fights feel like im dicking around the ai and the rng more than aod and dungeon rats (and that says alot cause i dicked the ai around in dungeon rats a bunch); ai decides to focus down fayth? u r done -> move one square left (without reason!) -> they aggro the tank! - this completely decides the outcome
land a crit right and dominoes fall
aim legs, aim legs, aim legs, aim legs, aim legs... quetsions?
there are only 2 trivial things that i had to decide in combat: do i poison or flashbang depending on resists, AND, sometimes you have to go melee
well... two times i had to reshuffle armor and who gets which gadget

i dont have an opinion on sneaking and starting combat from it, havent thought about it deeper

enemy type is utterly unreadable, is it a pistol or rifle, how much armor where... and so on
enemy variety is so sad, just compare to underrail, cause its practically 1 damage type == physical
i differentiate enemies in melee, ranged, and if its a fucker with obscene reactions and accuracy
there are weapon effect but i have not seen bleed or knockdown, they just shoot you at legs arms head, i dont pay attention to it
itemisation is shit: if im looking at gear after a fight, spot a new boots and look over the numbers and decide that i dont care? well thats bad! terrible! i have a full inventory of vendortrash variants and i only look at them when a fight is not falling even with rng help

graphics are eh, i find them mostly ...unpleasant, hydroponics can be nice to look at just like a nice green hedge can be looked at...
monochrome inventory and outer glow on on soulless plastic trash though, gee, desaturated blackness is the motto

quests... i dunno... they are so compartmentalized, this kill-steal-speak is just ...sovlless...
like on one hand cs offers more options and more approaches to every quests than aod but
it feels like a rogue casting shoot_arrow, vs a fighter casting hit_sowrd, vs mage casting teleport
they start at the same place, and finish in the same place, they have differnt names but feel identical

ooooh, you know how vd made an rpg into a shitty meta-chaining-adventure by denying you free xp allocation and hoarding? well, they "backpedaled"! now you can hoard feats! which can give instant 2 skillpoints if you want to check what is in those 7 lockpick lockers and reload, or pass any trashtier speech miniigame and see if its to your liking |
we are back in bizness fellow powergays! i am hoarding 2 token dispensers right noa!!! they give 400xp crit strike but only 200 for other skills *sadface*

music is different enough, but i wouldnt recognize a tune 10 minutes later... slightly better than elevator?

aod felt more interesting from the get go, dungeon rats had the luxury of very strong weapon type differentiation
cs has nothing but unreal engine with hidden lockpick targets clipping though walls
dead inside

funny. you aren't even that wrong, you are lacking some details, but i can see you did your best here, from your own pespective.

finish the game and let us all know what you think!

std::namespace

You sound like an insufferable fucking queer.
i was putting together a robot in a bunker, clicking on things, with elevators that looked like just like an old friend, but only an imitation, a mirage, that would fall to dust if you touch it
and i felt ...sadness? disappointment?
No! it was someone else's old regurgitated melancholy, the feeling of drinking old water when you are not thirsty
AA3sRXb.png

>mfw
FkdXWH2.png

Beggar

Cipher
Just finished it. Despite it being overpriced and not on the same level as AoD, the company made two very important games in the past. It's the most I ever spent on a video game and can't say I can recommend it to anyone, cause it's wrapped in this, as someone else mentioned above, banal sci fi. Which I cannot stand personally. It's for the die hard AoD fans that want to scratch that itch. And with this game they can.

20231111170946-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

None

Scholar
Just finished it. Despite it being overpriced and not on the same level as AoD, the company made two very important games in the past. It's the most I ever spent on a video game and can't say I can recommend it to anyone, cause it's wrapped in this, as someone else mentioned above, banal sci fi. Which I cannot stand personally. It's for the die hard AoD fans that want to scratch that itch. And with this game they can.
Put that shit in a spoiler. I've finished the game already, but that was one of the lingering questions I had the entire time.

Beggar

Cipher
Put that shit in a spoiler. I've finished the game already, but that was one of the lingering questions I had the entire time.
too much work

Beggar

Cipher
How did you finished it? I was playing 12 hours a day for two days and just beat it. And you're saying I FINISHED IT like it's some old news

Beggar

Cipher
How did you finished it? I was playing 12 hours a day for two days and just beat it. And you're saying I FINISHED IT like it's some old news
Early access.
Doesn't even count. You were you navigating your character with console commands through this game that had no building textures only invisible walls and no soundtrack. "I'VE BEAT IT", lol

Shaki

Arbiter
I gotta say, I have to agree with the critics. CS is just AoD in banal setting, without all the cool mysteries and shit. It's not bad, but I don't have the urge to replay it, while I replayed AoD like 7 times and had shitton of fun in every playthrough.

I don't think AoD formula works for this game, the setting is just too bland and boring to justify building the game around replayability. In AoD the world was full of shit that you couldn't wait to explore on your next playthrough, and figuring out through multiple playthrough how to achieve some really cool things like getting to the Abyss or making the airship fly, was insanely rewarding. Here I just miss the excitement and feeling of wonder. As I said, the game is not bad, but it just lacks the things that made AoD great.

I really hope if Iron Tower survives, they'll either go back to AoD setting for the next game, or create something completely new. Colony Ship one just ain't it.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I kind of agree with this. It is very much cookie cutter wild west but in space. Also it doesn't make sense that the people who would be capable of building a generation ship would devolve into a shit society.

You don't get out much do you? The US built the most advanced society on planet earth and were world bestriding conquerors and managed to turn into a negro glorifying 3rd world infested Brazilified ghetto of a failing empire in 2 generations. Of course they had lots of (((help))). Hey janior here is another post for my post count, did I mention I love your blackety black avatar Vatcuck?

Tao

Savant
Is there any implant that give +1 to Charisma?

I thought that Master Trade feat was meh but i actually want it now.

Also any way to increase armor handeling outside buffing strength and/or picking the armor feat.

Edit: Does the squad implant give you +1 to party side?

Last edited:

janior

Arcane
Patron
I kind of agree with this. It is very much cookie cutter wild west but in space. Also it doesn't make sense that the people who would be capable of building a generation ship would devolve into a shit society.

You don't get out much do you? The US built the most advanced society on planet earth and were world bestriding conquerors and managed to turn into a negro glorifying 3rd world infested Brazilified ghetto of a failing empire in 2 generations. Of course they had lots of (((help))). Hey janior here is another post for my post count, did I mention I love your blackety black avatar Vatcuck?
18NnfRI.png

I have only been playing the demo. I am unconvinced. I enjoyed AoD and its in my top 100 games, but its not one that I gush about (like some dexrs).

But CS to AoD is like comparing chalk and cheese.

CS has non of the charm of AoD. The addition of shiny graphics I don't feel are adding anything. Which may seem like an insult as that's probably where most the money has been spent.

-The music I had to turn it off completely, enough said.

-I can simply navigate anywhere by teleporting from a menu.

-I can only interact with certain things. I hate that.

-Lackluster story and setting. Unimaginative dialogues that I am just skimming through because its too tedious.

OK, so this is not a horrible game but it is however disappointing. I am not even bothered to finish the demo TBH. Some people tell me it somehow gets better. But I just don't see how it can do that. Best case somehow maybe it can claw back from a 5/6 out of 10 to a 7 out of 10.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
I actually agree with all the critiques made by the weeb, but despite that I'm still having lots of fun. Which really, is all that matters after all. Congrats on another great game!

The one thing I hope you'll take into account for your (fingers crossed) next game, is to improve readability in all aspects. UI is a mess, the retarded decision of having non scalable light blue text, the lack of readability of the world itself (if you need outlines to stick interactables out from the background, it's time to go back to the drawing board)... Those are the aspects that I'm finding to detract a lot from the experience.

Here's one vote in favor of the teleportation menu, it's a great feature.

Tenebris

Scholar
Also it doesn't make sense that the people who would be capable of building a generation ship would devolve into a shit society.
That would be a valid argument in the first two or three generations but as time passes the "mission" would mean less and less for people as the ship would be all they know.

Last edited:

Herumor

Scholar
Has anyone figured out how to make the 7th implant slot available? It bothers me to leave it empty, and yet I've got that 6 out of 6 limit filled.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm not a fan of scifi

But the worst part of scifi is the interminable "BUT IF X HAPPENED THEN SOCIETY WOULD BE Y LOL THIS GAME ISNT REALISTIC AT ALL" farting out of skulls with too much air inside

The music and visuals add up surprisingly well for me - there is a sense of decline and desolation in some places where I thought the whole game would feel like a container warehouse.

It's hugely unfortunate a map couldn't be done, though, because some of the slideshows really knock the player out of the zone. It feels like the narrator shuffling their papers and getting up to catch the bus home while saying double quick "Oh and then the King died and there was a pitched battle and the other side you've never seen won and now everybody lives under their rule, click 1 to teleport to a completely different area". I must play the legally mandated seven playthroughs first, but it feels like I'm really enjoying it and wishing ITS had the resources to really move on from some of the same limitations that AOD had.

notpl

Arbiter
Is it me or the enemies seems to rarely miss, no matter where I am, behind cover or on the fucking moon, 95% of the time they seem to hit, which to me is kinda bullshit, especially when i have an uber skilled shootgunner injected with all juices, missing his ass off point blank xcom style.
The same I can say when enemies use burst attack and I'm behind cover and all the fucking shots hit way too fucking often.
So i went of my way to make a juiced up tank build with high evasion and it doesnt seem to make that much of a difference, even in cover I get hit way too often.

Enemies just don't seem to get that much of an accuracy penalty when using skills or when you are behind cover.
For what it's worth, while I'm by no means struggling with the combat and in fact have found it to be pretty breezy compared to how it was at points in EA, it does feel like encounters are overtuned on accuracy - or more likely evasion has just been nerfed into the ground. A dodge tank absolutely is not viable anymore. My MC has 12 dex, tagged evasion, taken every evasion-related feat, and I still don't think I've ever seen an enemy miss him without a distortion field up. Enemy melee in particular is frustrating, since I find my own melee units to be vexingly inaccurate, but every combat one or two enemy melee users will charge right to him and hit him with 3-4 attacks in a row without issue. The investment in evasion feels utterly pointless, with the same measure in armor-handling and other DR-boosting qualities he would be untouchable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom