Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

jackofshadows

Magister
Stealth gadget is probably my favorite gadget to use on her late game. Double points if you throw in a smokie to conceal her presence as stealth gadget gets a bonus when in smokie effect. Anyways, it's super effective if she's an Initiative based build too. I have to see though if detection even does anything or if she's free to kill shit until the gadget's duration runs out because so far the only time she's been caught is when it runs out.
Yes, cloaking field is amazing and lots of fun. And yes, the nuance is that you want to use it with high initiative char so against say the monks it's not so good at all.

When you're about to attack someone while using it, check the +% detection on every enemy head - those are flat potential stacks to their detection levels in addition to the base turn +ticks. The biggest bonus of course goes to the target you're about to attack but to everyone else in a certain radius I think.

Power move is to stasis yourself at the end of the turn when you've been detected.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
When you're about to shoot someone while using it, check the +% detection on every enemy head - those are flat potential stacks to their detection levels in addition to the base turn +ticks. The biggest bonus of course goes to the target you're about to shoot but to everyone else in a certain radius I think.
Interesting, okay. I didn't know that. Thanks!
Power move is to stasis yourself at the end of the turn when you've been detected.
Heh, I've been saving my stasis for the tough encounters. Don't feel comfortable spending them anymore after seeing some of those ridiculous late game encounters that are in store, haha.
is there a way so see the previous lines of text within a dialogue?
Not that I know of, no.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
finished. end was surprisingly boring with you just walking from A to B to talk a bit. Id welcome aod teleportation in here. Not sure what traveling to habitat serve just to talk to any door and start being teleported?
Or that nav room requiring you to walk past few zones with nothing in them

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Same. Gameplay wise, the ending is underwhelming. Ditto for the faction quests, those were two climax points where the resolution felt like boring busywork.

For that same reason I see little replayability, after The Habitat I got the impression that choices lost their consequences, you're just swapping one flavor text for another.

Strongest point for me was the setting, I liked it a lot and am hoping sales will keep them developing, I'm itching to see the follow up.

Beggar

Cipher
I wonder if this turning to sci fi setting is for gaining more audience, since soys love sci fi. But in the end it pleased no one. Sequel to this setting would be the last nail to the coffin

Zariusz

Arbiter
Did anyone here ever saw beliefs statchecks being used in dialogue, or anything related to that, even some small flavour dialogue change? Really i dont remember it being used at all.

std::namespace

Did anyone here ever saw beliefs statchecks being used in dialogue, or anything related to that, even some small flavour dialogue change? Really i dont remember it being used at all.
no, but i saw 2 different dialogue options leading to exactly the same response, very bioware - me likey

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
another reason why I hated ending is sneaking being forgotten? Hydrophonics were cool, then ball was dropped.
Had a bunch of forced fights, luckily there were allies forced on me so they could resolve them without my input. Exception was armory sneakery, almost copy paste from act1.
Was sneaking/computers option forgotten in front of bridge? Had to destroy them turrets&robot, after I came back there was a ladder in that area with console that I couldn't interact with

Zariusz

Arbiter
Was sneaking/computers option forgotten in front of bridge? Had to destroy them turrets&robot, after I came back there was a ladder in that area with console that I couldn't interact with
If you had bridge officer chip in your implant you could impersonate him and go to bridge without fighting that robot.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Holy shit I finally killed this skinny fucking bastard. This asshole took me hours! Fuck.

VShvFbe.png

JyaTsNg.png

One stasis and god knows how many energy cells later and I finally bested the stupid worm. I had Faythe first take opening shots on it on turn one then I turned stealth gadget on after she was close to running out of AP. Had Juggy wear a energy vest with good toxic resistances for head: Frankenstein + Enforcer Helmet with Visor. After that I kept using the knockdown ability on the worm until my Juggy was able to perform a successful knockdown, once it fell, I stasis'ed his ass, got my dudes all souped up on aggro stims and upon waking up I blew the fucker's face off with every energy weapon I had access to - Faythe's energy shotty and Juggy's energy blunty. Then I knocked it back down and repeated it again.

Super tough if you're not prepared at all.

std::namespace

ooh, regarding skillchecks! how could i forget!
the game has not 10 different skill levels
it has 2
what everyone gets is the 6 from grinding out all the skill xp dispensers
L1: tag, you reach 8
L2: skillmonkey, you reach 10

KEK what an RPG! learn by grinding

btw, have you guys realized that
persuasion, streetwise and impersonation is the exactly the same thing? and never ever differentiates? balanced! as it should be!
who could have seen this coming...
WvcVCO1.jpeg

oh and what a greate journal! marvelous!
JvUVM7l.jpeg

deviant faith! you can find HIM! (GOD?) in the copypasted residential area! where there is a meeting kek

dont show this screenshot to VD! he'll get an aneurysm from the unabashed disgusting player agency!
6z3ILd2.png

But fear not! ITS trashtier adventure game design is still present:
if you intentionally dont finish the scavs guarding the blue shields area in mission control knowing that you will return there later
if you dont finish the last fight of the first stage of arena knowing that you will return to the pit and mission control and you want to bundle those 2 events together, to go deeper into mission control cause you think the mutant is there
and he is not just teleport spawned on an upper level...
those things will be gone in time like shit in a garbage pit

the stats must be great!
lehZWHG.jpeg

ahahahah

there must be somthing interesting in there!
mjmbmvm.jpeg

ahahahahhahahahaha

jam

Literate
we'd have to define whats well-written...
cs is not text-heavy if you dont count the terrible datapads/screens loredumps (i didnt read them lol)
underrail is better than cs, its coherent and has character
i heard witcher 3 is not retarded

id personally evaluate writing on structure, not even on prose first
first priority would be something like a central dramatic argument for character motivation, for characters existing inside the plot, including yours
but neither aod nor cs have characters or a plot, well aod has some character
ja2 has more plot and character than all of vd's sad autistic output

if information in form of a text exists but it is not entertaining to read, ie i dont want to read it for enjoyment -> its shit
and i didnt want to read any of cs text and i didnt care about anything in it, its garbage
Whatever criteria you want. If narrative structure is your priority, that's fine. I'm just looking for recommendations.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Strongest point for me was the setting
Check out the HBO series Deadwood (not the movie). It was one of the largest inspirations for the tone of the world and characters.

Movie is capstone to show, don’t watch it first.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
also there is no ending that I wished for: become one with the ship and fly towards sun

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can you go back to The Pit after entering the Habitat, or is it a one way ticket?

I sided with Jonas, btw.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
finished. end was surprisingly boring with you just walking from A to B to talk a bit. Id welcome aod teleportation in here. Not sure what traveling to habitat serve just to talk to any door and start being teleported?
Or that nav room requiring you to walk past few zones with nothing in them

Rushed development. A lot of potential wasted, sadly, this game would be the masterpiece if it combined combat quality of Dungeon rats with AoD exploration, writing and setting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom