Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Way too linear compared to AoD, the one thing that truly set AoD apart. Now its just a decent to solid modern RPG.

A shame, whether it's due to those external circumstances or not, it could've been unbelievable but at best it's a side grade.

thesecret1

Arcane
New red zone content? Damn, that's pretty awesome - it really needed it. Guess VD did listen to feedback - I criticized it myself.

Of course, the elephant in the room, the Hub, still remains. Wonder if they'll overhaul it too in the future.

New red zone content? Damn, that's pretty awesome - it really needed it. Guess VD did listen to feedback - I criticized it myself.

Of course, the elephant in the room, the Hub, still remains. Wonder if they'll overhaul it too in the future.
1719413297811.png

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/648410/view/4186738601597126952
So You Want to Be a Hero
Welcome to the 4th (and the biggest) 'ask and you shall receive' content update since release. Some of you wanted to go out with a bang, so we added a 'war hero' ending and a tough-as-nails (and completely optional) fight to go with it. Tell your faction leader that you don't want a desk job and he'll hook you up.

Other players asked for more exploration in Hydroponics Red (the Red Zone). Now they can enjoy new areas, interactions, and fights.

We also added 3 new implant upgrades, a new music track for the mutant town, reworked the pulse grenade based on your feedback, improved several locations (the visuals), added new dialogues, and enabled custom portraits.

Now you can finally play the game as Sailor Cyber Moon, so there's no excuse not to play anymore.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/648410/view/4270057097474823772
July 3rd Update
- Improved visuals in Habitat residential areas, added more interactions.
- Faction slides images improvements.
- Blue hair is clearly blue.
- Increased resistances of enemies in the faction rooftop defense fight.
- Tweaked Mathias and Garret equipment and level on the final fight.
- Added video to the death timer tutorial.
- Polished several dialogue interactions in the habitat.
- Fixed wrong weapon skills on faction rooftop defense fight enemies.
- Fixed hydro red door missing when loading a save from the main menu.
- Fixed characters entering the reactor without the hazmat suit when they had it equipped.
- Fixed issue with grey crate in the armory not being visible in the first visit.
- Penetration Mod vs Creatures now applies to all party members.

the mole

Arbiter
Shitposter
Way too linear compared to AoD, the one thing that truly set AoD apart. Now its just a decent to solid modern RPG.

A shame, whether it's due to those external circumstances or not, it could've been unbelievable but at best it's a side grade.
aod was linear, yes it had a series of locations but generally you have to complete them in order

GentlemanCthulhu

Liturgist
I bought into this game during the early access but didn't actually play it at all until today. I just built my character.
How is the state of the game nowadays? Did the devs ever get around to finishing up the final areas? IIRC there were reports here that they were unfinished or something like that.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I bought into this game during the early access but didn't actually play it at all until today. I just built my character.
How is the state of the game nowadays? Did the devs ever get around to finishing up the final areas? IIRC there were reports here that they were unfinished or something like that.
I didn't encounter any rushed or unfinished parts in this game, whether at the beginning or towards the end.
My only slight is that the factions all had a similar 'necessary evil' vibe, which made it hard for me to relate or to see the distinct reasons to join one over another.
Apart from that, I thoroughly enjoyed this no-nonsense RPG. There's no SJW drama, just pure, hardcore sci-fi with diverse builds, different paths to resolving situations, interesting locations, and at least some memorable characters.
The combat is brutal on the hardest difficulty, and at least from what I heard, a piece of cake on the lowest difficulty.
During the patching, the developers have upgraded the latter, allowing you to customize various aspects to suit your preferences.

Last edited:

kangaxx

Arbiter
I think it's "finished", just not very good I'm afraid.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
I stopped my playthrough around launch specifically because of reports of the second half of the game feeling rushed, unfinished, and scant in content. It seemed to be a fairly unanimous criticism around here. I've been waiting until they fully wrapped up development before doing my proper full playthrough because I'd rather remember this game I waited so long to play fondly rather than it falling flat.

So, is the above poster blinded by his optimism for the game, or were the majority of the reports of the second half feeling unfinished hyperbolic negativity?

Beans00

Erudite
Possibly Retarded
I stopped my playthrough around launch specifically because of reports of the second half of the game feeling rushed, unfinished, and scant in content. It seemed to be a fairly unanimous criticism around here. I've been waiting until they fully wrapped up development before doing my proper full playthrough because I'd rather remember this game I waited so long to play fondly rather than it falling flat.

So, is the above poster blinded by his optimism for the game, or were the majority of the reports of the second half feeling unfinished hyperbolic negativity?

The 2nd half of the game is complete garbage, the people on this thread are mostly coping.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

No, I'm simply not a modern fag who starts to whine about the whole game being bad when a feature or two don't meet the absolute pinnacle and who is able to enjoy heartfelt projects.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom