Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Colony Ship Update #51: Early Access on April 6th

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
BTW, giving free keys to youtubers and streamers would be wise.

Somebody like COHcarnage is a good guy and usually plays alot of TB isometric cRPGs like this game, he got a large following so, perhaps reach out to him if you haven't already.

Dr Schultz

Augur
Congratulation, Vault Dweller.
I really look forward to the final release.

On a side note: Few days ago I did a late run of AoD aiming for the God ending. I picked the Loremaster background, dumped all my stat points into Charisma, Intelligence and Perception and shamefully horded SP in order to spend them when needed. I did everything that was required in order to get that ending and even more but, at the very last moment, I was denied of my triumph because I didn't have enough Constitution (a Stat that was never checked during my entire playthrough!!!).

Come on, Vince: This was borderline sadistic. I hope I won't see anything like that in CS.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
On a side note: Few days ago I did a late run of AoD aiming for the God ending. I picked the Loremaster background, dumped all my stat points into Charisma, Intelligence and Persuation and shamefully horded SP in order to spend them when needed. I did everything that was required in order to get the that ending and even more but, at the very last moment, I was denied of my triumph because I didn't have enough Constitution (A Stat never checked during my entire playthrough!!!).

Come one, Vince: This was borderline sadistic. I hope I won't see anything like that in CS.
Protip is to extract the scripts and search through them to find the checks you need to pass. It's a bit dirty, but it's better than getting a game over 3 dialogue lines away from godhood :M

(I hope the same thing works in colony ship, although train by use will make it mostly irrelevant for skills)

Dr Schultz

Augur
(I hope the same thing works in colony ship, although train by use will make it mostly irrelevant for skills)

The problem with this specific check is that it's a stat check and stats don't grow in AoD (and I suppose in CS as well).
There is literally nothing that you can do during your playthrough in order to survive the check. You must necessary start the game with a VERY specific build.
From a logic standpoint the check makes sense, but from a design standpoint is - pardon my French - bullshit; specifically because the game allows you to reach this last check with no way whatsoever to pass it and no clue whatsoever that you'll need an high Constitution score in order to pass it.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Are you sure that giving learning points in Critical strike when you kill enemy fast - is good idea? When you build propely (and some minmax) your character you will mostly get Critical strike it seems.
Not in my experience (and not based on the player-submitted builds I've seen either) but if someone wants to go out of his way to max CS at the expense of everything else (a deliberate action rather than unexpected outcome), who am I to say no?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Looks sweet, my only concern is the performance, hope my GTX 950 is going to be up to the task (seems to be fine with Wasteland 3)

agris

Arcane
Patron
This is true. Because their portraits have expressions. NwN has some of that too.

Agreed, but I feel the Iron Tower portraits are unique, and very well served, in having been painted in a realistic, restrained style.
I wonder if they ever played with keeping the exact style, but adding animation. Either Doom-style conditional animations, or late-stage M&M contextual animations. I think it would be pretty cool, if the style wasn’t changed at all to accommodate.

Vault Dweller did y’all ever prototype such a thing?

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Unless some neural network would animate the expressions for us, with believable results, saving artist's time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom