Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Concord Cancelled

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
So many e-celebs are stating that the main reason Concord failed weren't the abhorrent characters, but the game design. But that is blatantly untrue. Despite hero shooters being a largely dead genre aside from Overwatch, that still wouldn't make the game flop this badly. The visuals were simply ugly, and that turned any potential players off immediately. If they made all the characters attractive, I'd be willing to bet the game would at least have an active playerbase worth maintaining. So many people are unwilling or afraid to call out the real problem, it's never the most straightforward answer because that answer would make you an alt-right nazi chud.
"Hero shooter"?
People want more Doomguy, more Duke, more Lo Wang, not purple haired sassy nigger trannies.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
So many e-celebs are stating that the main reason Concord failed weren't the abhorrent characters, but the game design. But that is blatantly untrue. Despite hero shooters being a largely dead genre aside from Overwatch, that still wouldn't make the game flop this badly. The visuals were simply ugly, and that turned any potential players off immediately. If they made all the characters attractive, I'd be willing to bet the game would at least have an active playerbase worth maintaining. So many people are unwilling or afraid to call out the real problem, it's never the most straightforward answer because that answer would make you an alt-right nazi chud.
Let me play Devil's Advocate for a second. Are we all being graphics whores? Doesn't gameplay count for more than character models?

Answer: We know what sort of people make character models like this. We don't want to give them any money. This shit is inherently political, because spiteful mutants are deliberately uglying the culture.

JC'sBarber

Literate
Let me play Devil's Advocate for a second. Are we all being graphics whores? Doesn't gameplay count for more than character models?

Answer: We know what sort of people make character models like this. We don't want to give them any money. This shit is inherently political, because spiteful mutants are deliberately uglying the culture.
The graphics arms race is over, we plateau'd years ago. It's not graphics, but aesthetics. The aesthetics of the game are butt ugly and objectively unappealing. In an era where Chinese gacha games make billions, one has to wonder how they do it?. Is it because the gameplay is amazing?, no, it's because of the aesthetics. It's a world where you want to be 'in'. Concord on the other hand is some pedophile hollywood jew's idea of a Marvel ripoff. Tasteless humor, ugly ass characters, the works. You take one look at it and can tell it's slop of the worst kind.

ind33d

Learned
apparently concord was designed like Trials of Osiris or Search & Destroy as round-based with no respawns (which is why there are deployables that persist on the battlefield and a long TTK), then during development some imbecile turned it into Overwatch
Even if that was still the case, why would I want to play Concord over Destiny where its that plus more with shared progression between PvP and PvE?

I just don't see the appeal without some form of PvE.
destiny literally consumes your life, it's impossible to play casually because your friends will be hunting godrolls and then if you don't max out all your catalysts you'll just be bringing them down. i know because i spent more time in destiny 2 than school

Old Hans

Arcane
destiny literally consumes your life, it's impossible to play casually because your friends will be hunting godrolls and then if you don't max out all your catalysts you'll just be bringing them down. i know because i spent more time in destiny 2 than school
which is crazy because destiny 1 was the worst game I ever played. They completely butchered Joe Stanton's' work, so they could turn it into a shitty Frankenstein live service game

JC'sBarber

Literate

I used to be cautiously optimistic about this channel, until he failed miserably in his live stream with The Act Man. He even disabled the Youtube comments because they kept calling him out on it. If this dude and Synthetic Man are the best "we" have, we're in trouble.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I also find it hilarious how none of the mainstream journos/e-celebs mentioned that this dude is literally a hi-visibility joke of "gamers™."

You know the developers were laughing to themselves when they made this ill-proportioned standard male #03.

1727019005332.png

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Sony still have their anticapitalist shooter Fairgame$ coming out:
fairgames-announced-for-ps5-at-sony-event.jpg

Big problem is that they hired people to make this slop who will never agree to include normal, attractive characters. Even if they wanted to dial back the retardation at this point, the studios wouldn’t agree to it.

Elttharion

Learned
We live in a time were hundreds/thousands of game devs spend years and hundreds of millions of dollars to barely break even at best or have insane losses at worst while the entire industry is imploding due to a shrinking market and ballooning budgets. Meanwhile ten gooks trapped in a flooded basement make dozens of millions of dollars every month by selling jpegs of scantily clad anime girls.

:positive:

Habichtswalder

Educated
Because of flops like Concord, AAA-studios will continue to cry that new IPs are too risky to produce. The will instead keep developing successors to existing franchises.

But if new franchises are games like Concord, Fairgames or (a few years ago) Anthem, it's no surprise that these fail to become successful. Almost everyone anticipated that they'll fail to attract costumers...everyone but the AAA-market research.

The more I think about it, the more I think that this is all a money laundering operation.
Because of flops like Concord, AAA-studios will continue to cry that new IPs are too risky to produce. The will instead keep developing successors to existing franchises.
Well, they can't say the real reason why, so they have to continue lying to themselves.

ghardy

Educated
People want more Doomguy, more Duke, more Lo Wang, not purple haired sassy nigger trannies.
They would seem to also want more Ranger, judging by the Quake-inspired shooters lately.

Do they also want more
  • Caleb
  • Postal Guy
  • Shelly Harrison (added under caution)
?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom