Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Concord Cancelled

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
So, is this actually the biggest flop in video gaming history?
Possibly. I have never seen a game fuck up this badly.
8 years of dev time and hundreds of millions spent for a game that's literally unplayable after just two weeks after abysmal sales. I struggle to believe a fuck up of this magnitude is even real, Lol

PlayerEmers

Educated
Oh please, is a arena shooter, no way that can cost 400m.
-8 years of production+development
-high production value that matches other products made by studios under sony (we already know that games like horizon zero dawn and last of us 2 had a budget over 200kk)
-one of the features promised was weekly short-movies about the lore and characters
-also they promised at least 3 seasons of content for the game

I can see it costing over 400kk mainly because its a live service game with playstation tier production value.

Not only they had to waste money on their shiny graphical fidelity bullshit (which is expensive as fuck), they had to work to pump content (with the same bloated high fidelity quality) for upcoming seasons and the weekly shorts bullshit.

Playstation games are bloated "muh graphics" movie games, Concord added live service shit (and animations and weekly shorts) to the mix. Bloating their recipe that is already bloated.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
-high production value that matches other products made by studios under sony (we already know that games like horizon zero dawn and last of us 2 had a budget over 200kk)
-one of the features promised was weekly short-movies about the lore and characters

I can see it costing over 400kk mainly because its a live service game with playstation tier production value.

Not only they had to waste money on their shiny graphical fidelity bullshit (which is expensive as fuck), they had to work to pump content (with the same bloated high fidelity quality) for upcoming seasons and the weekly shorts bullshit.

Playstation games are bloated "muh graphics" movie games, Concord added live service shit (and animations and weekly shorts) to the mix. Bloating their recipe that is already bloated.
Don't forget the Concord episode that was made for "The Secret Level" too.

Semiurge

Cipher
Jesus Fucking Chirst.

It was internally referred to as "The Future of PlayStation" with Star Wars-like potential, and a dev culture of "toxic positivity" halted any negative feedback. Making it cost $400m.

Nothing like this could ever be conceived without a culture of toxic positivity.

I was about to post that $400m tweet. That's a lot of money and it doesn't even include the cost of the studio. I said it a number of pages back, but I can't see Sony releasing another game with “progressive” character designs again. You can't just forget about a failed project that likely cost close to half a billion dollars and eight years of development time.

Other game publishers will probably be more wary, too, though not entirely discouraged.
This is Jean in the new Wolverine game

jean-grey-wolverine-video-game.jpg

Jean-Grey-Marvels-Wolverine.png

Debra is also in the game

wolverine-leak-guess-who-is-in-the-cast-v0-gwwqbq8ef77c1.png

How the character looks in the comics

dioTh37.webp

Holy fuck, another manface. They have to ruin every character that was once the pinup of a franchise. I admit that the '60s and Chris Claremont periods of X-Men never had any basic-looking X-women thanks to how they were always drawn, but Jean Grey was always supposed to be a beauty.

tWVNEm1.png

HkFnAs1.jpeg

gMiFLjq.jpeg

Elttharion

Learned

Also according to the leaker the game was in a terrible state less than 18 months before release so they had to scramble and outsource a ton of work to other studios.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Jesus Fucking Chirst.

It was internally referred to as "The Future of PlayStation" with Star Wars-like potential, and a dev culture of "toxic positivity" halted any negative feedback. Making it cost $400m.

Nothing like this could ever be conceived without a culture of toxic positivity.

I was about to post that $400m tweet. That's a lot of money and it doesn't even include the cost of the studio. I said it a number of pages back, but I can't see Sony releasing another game with “progressive” character designs again. You can't just forget about a failed project that likely cost close to half a billion dollars and eight years of development time.

Other game publishers will probably be more wary, too, though not entirely discouraged.

Debra is also in the game

wolverine-leak-guess-who-is-in-the-cast-v0-gwwqbq8ef77c1.png

How the character looks in the comics

dioTh37.webp

Holy fuck, another manface. They have to ruin every character that was once the pinup of a franchise. I admit that the '60s and Chris Claremont periods of X-Men never had any basic-looking X-women thanks to how they were always drawn, but Jean Grey was always supposed to be a beauty.

tWVNEm1.png

HkFnAs1.jpeg

gMiFLjq.jpeg

comics are cringe for manchildren anyways

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

This just can't be real? It's been photoshoped... right... right?!

Cohesion

Augur
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
“Ryan deeply believed in that project and bringing players together through the joy in it,” one former developer told Kotaku. “Regardless of there being things that could have been done differently throughout development, he’s a good human, and full of heart.”

Cohesion

Augur
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

It's not about money, but about pushing agenda. They don't care about money because money is essentially unlimited for ESG affiliated corporations.

Semiurge

Cipher

ferratilis

Magister
Looking forward to Fairgame$, I hope that one also cost at least 300 million. Progressive games are cool, especially when they're progressively bankrupting the companies behind them. With each new one, we're one step closer to the long overdue great reset.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
“Ryan deeply believed in that project and bringing players together through the joy in it,” one former developer told Kotaku. “Regardless of there being things that could have been done differently throughout development, he’s a good human, and full of heart.”
Lol, who cares if he's a good human or not? IDGAF if a guy's a complete asshole as long as he creates good vidya.

911 Jumper

Learned

It's not about money, but about pushing agenda. They don't care about money because money is essentially unlimited for ESG affiliated corporations.
The money eventually runs out, though. The Saint's Row reboot cost over a $100m to develop. It flopped and Volition was shut down.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom