Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Conscript - WW1 survival horror by one-man Kickstarter

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Damn bro, I thought this was going to be vaporware, glad to be proven wrong. Demo was p. gud, will be getting this on release.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
It is even better that this is going to remain a psychological horror without monsters (there is some paranormal activity hinted at in the demo, but not something that screams "THEY ARE REAL!").

Yeah I am hoping this will remain a "low [ideally zero] magic" setting. That is a big part of what it is so compelling

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
The game seems to be part of Steam Next Fest and he's updated the demo. I probably won't play again but will wait for the full release.

Glory to Ukraine
I bought it on release but only got around to it yesterday. Played the first chapter (about 84 minutes according to Steam). It is p. gud indeed. If you played the demo back in the day, you know exactly how it plays - Souls-like combat including boss enemies (there is a heavily armored stormtrooper at the end of the first chapter that can take fuckload of damage and cannot be stunlocked), occasional key-searching and puzzles.

Atmosphere is top notch as well. Definitely worth getting.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So did anyone play it? The reviews are pretty good
I'd think Zombra may have. This is definitely a title worth picking up though, especially if you're a fan of oldschool survival horror. I already have enough on my plate until the Xmas sale.
Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to get my Steam code off Kickstarter. Just installed, let's just see when I have time to try it :)

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Steam reviews are very good. I'm considering checking it out, but I'm too busy to play games anymore :/

1722448053287.png

Harthwain

Magister
I got this, but I didn't have time to play yet. I will trying this weekend.

Glory to Ukraine
I wouldnt compare it to Darkwood. Its combat focussed + you spend a lot of times searching for keys/specific items that let you advance further.

Glory to Ukraine
Too early to tell at this point, tbh fam. There certainly is a story:

You are looking for your younger brother who lied about his age to get into the army. Both of you are deployed at Verdun, your brother gets injured and loses some kind of heirloom timepiece that belonged to your father. At the end of the chapter 1 you get knocked out during a German assault on your trench and when you wake up you find out that you were left behind, Germans are in the trench and the survivors - hopefuly including your brother - retreated to a different part of fortifications. You set out to search for him.

Where it goes remains to be seen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom