Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Copper Dreams Kickstarter Campaign is Live

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Neato, reminds me of Odium\Gorky 17 (Basically Resident Evil if it was a turn-based RPG). Except with stealth & cyberpunk.

pc-60276-31437079109.jpg

Needs more info about the verticality thing, tho- how mobile will our characters be? What will it depend on?

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I think there's going to be a jump check of some sort. When I started playing around with jumping in the tech demo I was like "this has to be a major part of the gameplay", so hopefully if you want to make a character that leaps around that will be a good character. I think jumping will be a good way of escaping grenades too - jump out of the AoE

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So much positivity...
Guess this isn't the place to post "It'll be shit." ?

Will back if/when Codex starts a fundraiser.
Pretty much broke at the moment, spent too much on geek gadgets, Stellaris and birthday present for my ex-wife if you can imagine. Good thing Civ VI sounds like shit so far so I didn't have to waste money pre-ordering that, maybe I can get some food for the rest of the month.
Wouldn't be able to resist a codex fundraiser though.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Another disappointing kickstarter game probably in the making, let's see tho. It does at least look kind of interesting :D

Gotta love the hivemind fanboy hype from le KODEX, though.

"OMGGggg everyyfinnn iss sshieeettt!!11" Fug uu fanboy fugg uu.. all kickstarters are shit, cRPGs are shit!

OHh luuk, a niw kickstartahh gauys ! THIS GON B GUD, best cRPG ever."

Irony at its finest at play here, gentlemen.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
We can only do a Codex fundraiser AFTER the Kickstarter is successful.

Tradition dictates that we piss on the Watch from a great height whever there's a fundraiser, so we need one of our double agents to stir things up over there. I wonder what juicy morsels Whalenought can use to tempt us with.

Jinn

Arcane
Another disappointing kickstarter game probably in the making, let's see tho. It does at least look kind of interesting :D

"OMGGggg everyyfinnn iss sshieeettt!!11" Fug uu fanboy fugg uu.. all kickstarters are shit, cRPGs are shit!

I think that might be because those who are vocal about that stance are VERY vocal about that stance. Not everyone needs to incessantly spout silly generalized opinions on these forums, and a lot of members don't.

There's nothing wrong with seeing something that looks good and getting excited about it, even on the codex.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think there's going to be a jump check of some sort. When I started playing around with jumping in the tech demo I was like "this has to be a major part of the gameplay", so hopefully if you want to make a character that leaps around that will be a good character. I think jumping will be a good way of escaping grenades too - jump out of the AoE
Question is, how much of it will be integrated into the main movement system? I mean, will it be like... a "key\skill check" all the way thru, or will you be albe to use it in more emergant ways?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Those were pre-alpha screen shots, which are going for Metal Gear Solid/Vagrant Story aesthetics. I think they'll look a lot better after production is complete.

They show that zoomed-in character model at least a dozen times on their main page, and they never mention the word "graphics" anywhere. They even had the opportunity to print a 3d model of what they "meant" their game to look like, and it's still the same type of model. I think we can assume that what we see in those screenshots is reasonably close to the final product.

Personally, I don't care about the graphics at all, but I think it's going to cost them backers.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I can see people complaining about not being able to save anywhere. In SRR there was so much complaining even when missions were not that long.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can save anywhere probably save in most places, it's just that there are consequences in some places. It's obviously a mechanic to prevent people from save-scumming their way through missions with stealth. If you save, you must fight.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
You can save anywhere, it's just that there are consequences in some places. It's obviously a mechanic to prevent people from save-scumming their way through missions with stealth. If you save, you must fight.
You cannot save anywhere, it said you need to have a signal at the location.

Aenra

I know i'm probably a minority in this, but SitS left a really bad taste in my mouth; although ok, no surprise, considering the combat mode it favoured.
While i know this will be bla-bla-bla-let's-be-even-more-nerdy-asynchronous!!!-we-read-books-too! Turn Based, bad taste is bad taste. You start with RtwP, you start without me. Would however seriously consider backing if there was a modding support stretch goal. No offense to all the youngsters, but these days, that's pretty much my (personally) only hope.

Lacking hope? I wait for reviews and demo/torrent. My best of luck to the team though. On paper, your game sounds awesome. I love the new ideas i am seeing, i love the respect that is evident for previous games, i love the lack of hubris i see so often, (edit) i love the down to earth approach in regards to the funding goal. I honestly wish you all the best! Just excuse me for the lack of optimism :)
I blame cunts like Fargo and Sawyer

ArchAngel

Arcane
Both of them are so thin, my guess is that they starve themselves to be able to pay electricity bills of their equipment to make these games :)

DeepOcean

Arcane

Nah, there is nothing wrong being excited by a game that has good ideas in it, if this game disappoints in the future is another question. Sorry, but most RPG developers are creatively bankrupt and when they make a mediocre product to peddle nostalgia on the most lazy way possible, they will be justly criticized. This game doesn't peddle nostalgia and actually try to do something different than ape 20 year old games and fail at it.

DeepOcean

Arcane
You can save anywhere, it's just that there are consequences in some places. It's obviously a mechanic to prevent people from save-scumming their way through missions with stealth. If you save, you must fight.
You cannot save anywhere, it said you need to have a signal at the location.
Now this is pretty interesting.

About SRR save scumming, I guess that many people (by people I mean the codex, the rest are hopeless lazy popamolers) tought at the time that having you save everywhere it would mean they would be able to greatly expand the missions and allow some more complex mods to be made, they wouldn't have to worry with the general popamole player losing too much content, however, the maps didn't get much bigger and the mod scene didn't catch on anyway.

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
Sweet!:positive:
Saddly I can´t support on Kicksatan:timetoburn:

But I will after funding is successfull and IF they accept paypal:takemymoney:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Nah, there is nothing wrong being excited by a game that has good ideas in it, if this game disappoints in the future is another question. Sorry, but most RPG developers are creatively bankrupt and when they make a mediocre product to peddle nostalgia on the most lazy way possible, they will be justly criticized. This game doesn't peddle nostalgia and actually try to do something different than ape 20 year old games and fail at it.

I would say this game has exactly that old nostalgia vibe. Turn-based isometric Playstation 1 era graphics with skill checks, abilities, and with combat being the main focus. Even the UI looks like most old nostalgic cRPGs. This game simply reminds me of a number of old nostalgie cRPG games.

The game does sound interesting, as I've said. But we've been let down tons before. Besides, I didn't really like Staglands, eventho I'm aware alot of others did.

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
Wow. This game is finally what I have been waiting for! Timed quests! Dear Money, Sorry to see you go. Visit me again!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is it possible to get some game portals to report on this KS?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom