Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Copper Dreams Kickstarter Campaign is Live

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Music suggestions:

Power Glove did the OST for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

So 80's, so epic, so good.

And if you don't use it for the game for whatever reason, at least it can provide suitable background music while you work.

One more, this is so good.

Zetor

Arcane
Get Perturbator to do the music and add a $20 OST pledge addon. Easy money I tells ya!

Edit: awww, beaten... by like 3 days, even

Last edited:

dagrims

Educated
On the Milestones chart near the bottom of the Kickstarter page, it says "ORIDNACE" instead of "ORDINANCE".

Backing at the $25 level, and voted for you on Greenlight. Best of luck with development!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Now at the halfway point... not bad for a true indie, two man/woman team and only three days in.

:thumbsup:

It's slowed down to about $20 per hour now.

More comments from the PC Gamer article:

Does anyone actually prefer isometric RPGs over 1st/3rd person RPGs or is it more of a nostalgia thing? I'm genuinely curious and would love to see other people's opinions. Personally, I can't for the life of me get into isometric RPGs no matter how hard I try. The camera angle serves to constantly remind me that I'm playing a game, and pulls me right out of the experience. The most important thing to me in regards to RPGs is immersion and the isometric view works against that in my opinion. I don't like that my point of view is completely different from what my character's point of view would be.

Why do I have to pay extra to be an alpha tester? That is the one thing I hate about all these Kickstarter campaigns...

I think I'd rather ignore the whole Kickstarter thing and just buy it when it comes to Steam. Because being allowed to lend a hand to help polish a turd sure doesn't sound like an incentive to pay more, if you ask me.

Things are not totally clear regarding the story. I get the scenario, but what about motivations? Characters? Where is the "because"?

And that awful interface, with a billion of things moving around the screen and giant menus with tiny fonts are a instant "no" to me.

Don't like the graphics and I don't see nearly enough cyberpunk elements.

Doesn't look cyberpunk to me, seems like a bunch of cowboys in some slum.

blech hate the visuals. there's no excuse for those blocky crappy visuals anymore. should've gone with semi realistic visuals (like Insomnia) or super stylized like cel shading/sumi-e esque stuff.

I'd consider giving them money if the game was already finished.

Overall, I'd categorize the reception as "positive-neutral".

daveyd

Savant
There's an article posted yesterday on Siliconera, but the only comment is my own. Not surprising as there isn't even a link to PC games on their front page and I think that site is mostly frequented by weabos / console players.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Does anyone actually prefer isometric RPGs over 1st/3rd person RPGs or is it more of a nostalgia thing? I'm genuinely curious and would love to see other people's opinions. Personally, I can't for the life of me get into isometric RPGs no matter how hard I try. The camera angle serves to constantly remind me that I'm playing a game, and pulls me right out of the experience. The most important thing to me in regards to RPGs is immersion and the isometric view works against that in my opinion. I don't like that my point of view is completely different from what my character's point of view would be.

Does anyone actually prefer games over books or is it more of a dementia thing? I'm genuinely curious and would love to see other people's opinions. Personally, I can't for the life of me get into videogames no matter how hard I try. The unnatural faces in games serves to constantly remind me that I'm playing a game, and pulls me right out of the experience. The most important thing to me is immersion and view in games works against that and imagination in my opinion. I don't like that what I see is completely different from what I imagine.

Doesn't look cyberpunk to me, seems like a bunch of cowboys in some slum.
The problem with western commercial computer game industry is that it nurture such absolutely dumb persons en masse.
They believe that it is cyberpunk only if they shoved in the face with cyberpunk, so most of such games are grotesque caricature in reality.
Like if some men having sex with someone, it is not a women oh no - it is cyber-prostitute, and all that crap.

Sometimes I want to take chainsaw, go where such people live and chop them all.

Mustawd

Does anyone actually prefer games over books or is it more of a dementia thing

I don't prefer one over the other. They're different types of entertainment/leisure activities. At least for me anyways.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't prefer one over the other. They're different types of entertainment/leisure activities. At least for me anyways.
That was more or less successful analogy, most likely less successful, just to show that this person is a stupid dull dumb etc, because all his his arguments why first person view is better over isometric do not stand up to criticism against his own logic, and his logic was dictated by his jornos venality, or his human stupidity.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Music suggestions:

Power Glove did the OST for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

So 80's, so epic, so good.

And if you don't use it for the game for whatever reason, at least it can provide suitable background music while you work.

One more, this is so good.

Soundtrack suggestions for a cyberpunk game without the most essential cyberpunk album?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Over $22k funded. They need to keep the updates coming to help keep what momentum they have going even if they're small updates, not just the more meatier ones (combat update today?).

Last edited:

Mustawd

Yeah, I think they really need to roll out the combat demo/update. Cuz right now it's clear as mud IMO.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Next update should be up soon apparently - not sure how soon though, next few hours ?

edit: sounds like another 10-12 hours from now.

These were added to the main page today

b33ef1dfa7441320272b4caac28ef7a9_original.png

6f97559dacc51a94b54364d130efcccc_original.png

Last edited:

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar
More secret map locations that can be found in the video if you look closely:lol:
JhkQDHS.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom