Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Azazel, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Ol' Willy Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Ol' Willy
    He's not Greek.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Häyhä Learned

Häyhä
    Imagine what a state Greece is in these days when even Polacks are busting their balls and making fun of them. :)

And just so this post isn't completely off-topic: The melee combat looks extremely clunky and the animations of the enemies (twin martial artists) piss poor. Chronicles of Riddick game back on the original Xbox had better looking fist-fighting for fucks sake. :lol:

Then again, maybe their animation department has gone and put the effort into entirely different kind of "fisting"...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    • Racist Racist x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. santino27 Arcane Patron

santino27
    It wiould have to be about 2x bigger for present-day Seagal to fit inside.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Man, I really don't like the male voice actor... sounds like he is trying too hard to sound like some kind of western character. It's gonna grate on me something hard.

How the dialogue comes off to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Something to keep in mind about this game, in my advice - embrace the jank, because it's coming, and it won't be gone by December :)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    The story that you've seen only the first hour of?

I don't mind a critical viewpoint but come on

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Gargaune Cipher

Gargaune
    You know, whenever I look at these gameplay trailers the only thing that really worries me is the gunplay. It looks a little... floaty. A bit flimsy. Kind of spongy. You get the idea, I hope it doesn't feel that way when playing.

For instance, Fallout 4's shooting is okay... once you mod the everloving shit out of its damage scaling. What I want, what I always want from my shooty-shoot is STALKER, visceral pew-pew with a helping of ballistics, where it only takes a few rounds in either direction. Since that's probably not on the menu, I'll happily settle for something like DX4, its firefights aren't mindblowing but they're pretty solid.

Yeah, I don't remember how well DX3 pulled it off anymore, but I'm rolling through Mankind Divided right now and your augmentations selection certainly expands your toolbox. Though in DX4 both skills and augs have been rolled into the latter and we've only been shown CBP's passives, let's see how their implants turn out.

Either way, I'm not a fan of this bullshit school of "invest 3 points in Athletics and unlock the Twisted perk: every time you kill an enemy while it's raining, you have a 69% increased chance to lick your own asshole for 10 seconds." As usual, Deus Ex got it right twenty years ago already - pump your passive Pistol skill, enjoy your improved aiming, recoil and reloading. Clean and effective, JC's firearms training didn't give him some magical, bullet-enhancing hardon every time he brained some poor motherfucker. It's a shame more games don't copy a proven formula.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Kleptocratic debt serf Scholar

Kleptocratic debt serf
    What I didn't fully realize, is just how much goodwill CD Projekt has on a lot of gaming and computer enthusiast forums. I checked a couple of the forums I used to frequent and they are just loaded with excuses and good vibes, regardless of the second delay...

I haven't followed Cyberpunk all that closely, but is there a general consensus on the Codex, regarding the delays (new consoles, bugs or some other cause)? Also, on a scale of shit to absolute shit, what are current expectations for Cyberpunk? I saw where wall running has been nixed, cutting features at this point doesn't appear all too promising.

• quality shit quality shit x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. GhostCow ワイフハンター Patron

GhostCow
    RPG Wokedex
    Delays are a good thing. I don't see why anyone would complain about delays unless they are retarded. I don't think it's going to be a bad game but I don't think it's going to be great either. It will however be the most degenerate game ever made. Even more degenerate than The Last of Us 2.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Harthwain Cipher

Harthwain
    It's even more sad in this case, because in a way Cyberpunk 2020 shares Deus Ex's formula. All you really need to change is replacing the big circle with a natural sway, so you can't land your shots with pinpoint accuracy from get-go.

^ Top  
  11. Zer0wing Cipher

Zer0wing
    Fuck sprays, this is not CS 1.6 and not early 00s. Ballistix should be real and spread should be actual spread coming from lack of experience.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Harthwain Cipher

Harthwain
    And sway isn't replicating that?

^ Top  
  13. mk0 Educated

mk0
    It's legit criticism, compare any of the three CP2077 trailers to let's say the DX:HR E3 trailer.

Cyberpunk 2077:
    Show Spoiler

Deus Ex: Human Revolution:
    Show Spoiler

Which trailer do you think does the best job at informing you the audience about the overall vision of the game?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    ^ Top  
  14. Zer0wing Cipher

Zer0wing
    When your weapons are all just hitscan shit, the result looks wooden, unrealistic and unpleasant to play.

^ Top  
  15. santino27 Arcane Patron

santino27
    The hook, by definition, is something that should be able to be conveyed to the viewer in a trailer and/or promo of some kind. So yeah, saying that the hook seems lacking is totally valid, even at this point. Maybe there's a great story, but CDP aren't selling it yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Harthwain Cipher

Harthwain
    Just because you have sway, it doesn't mean you can't have bullet ballistics on top of that.

^ Top  
  17. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    At those point? The game was feature and story complete like months ago, they've been bug fixing ever since then. These features weren't cut just now, they were probably cut years ago, we just only heard about it now

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    Hook seems absolutely fine to me

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    Personally I don't judge a game by it's trailer.

• honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The Romans were right about many things, one of them to consider teenagers to be suffering from a temporary mental condition.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  21. norolim Cipher

norolim
    5 years ago, my expectations were pretty high. I thought CDPR were capable of producing an enjoyable aRPG with a great story and at least solid gameplay and mechanics. A lot changed since then.

First of all, I played much more of Witcher 3 and I realised how much they fucked up in the RPG and gameplay department. I'm not saying it's all shit, but some elements definitely are, and some decisions they made are truly baffling. As a result of this and the generally unfavourable impressions left by the gameplay videos, CDPR were releasing in the last couple of years, my expectations in terms of gameplay are much lower.

The quality of the materials they've been releasing recently and their communication in general doesn't instil confidence, either. And it's uncharacteristic of them, because I still remember how much better all that was before Witcher 3 release. But a lot of time passed since then, and it's a known fact there is a lot of turnover at the studio. Judging by what they've been saying recently, and were they were putting the accents in communication and released materials, I'm afraid they made a lot of international diversity hires. And that always means the same: less quality, more ideology.

So here is my position on CP2077, based on all that: I don't have high expectations any more, but I'm also not assuming it's going to be shit. As I said here, there isn't enough information to decide whether this game will be good or not. It's a big unknown.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The main thing I remember about CD Projekt's marketing before The Witcher 3 was released is that were more trailers and gameplay videos for people to geek out about. And they typically told interesting stories instead of being merely gameplay mechanic demonstrations or lore dumps. As I said last year: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...ll-november-19th.122398/page-201#post-6288030

We learned about Cyberpunk 2077's story hook last year. It's about Keanu Reeves-Johnny Silverhand's digital ghost and an immortality chip.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    It's a story about dongsliders and trannies

• Excited! Excited! x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    Also there are signs that CDPR has learnt from past mistakes, for example in a recent video I heard that they are removing Witcher 3's quest marker map spam and trying to make quests more organic to discover. That alone is a really good change and evidence that they are at least trying to iterate on what they did with TW3, rather than just cranking out a carbon copy with a fresh coat of paint.

^ Top  
  25. eilef Educated

eilef
    And yet they managed to add and present Witcher sense 2.0, and make it even more boring. At least the car will not be magickly appearing on top of the houses, like the horse did.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.