Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Robber Baron

Savant
Still on the fence if I should get 2060 or just play with 1060. I've been watching comparisons with RT on and off and still have no idea if this game is worth shelling additional 400 bucks for some eye candy

Zer0wing

Cipher
Are the Russian codes region locked?
AFAIK no but you should buy through VPN.
Still on the fence if I should get 2060 or just play with 1060. I've been watching comparisons with RT on and off and still have no idea if this game is worth shelling additional 400 bucks for some eye candy
You shouldn't, 2060 is a waste of time and money. Wait for 3060 Ti, it is better 400$ GPU not for this game but at least for half of this console gen, if not more.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If that's not a clown world situation - "piracy is wrong" but buying cheaper from another region is ok.
If CDPR and the rest of the industry thinks it's ok to release games filled with bugs, I reserve the right to use any means necessary to pay as little as possible for the game.

Fair's fair.
Oh, I'm not criticizing. I pirated Witcher 3 back in the day because I expected it to be regular AAA shit to laugh at for 5 hours and delete. I ended up playing it 60 hours and bought it full price afterwards.

racofer

Thread Incliner
If that's not a clown world situation - "piracy is wrong" but buying cheaper from another region is ok.
If CDPR and the rest of the industry thinks it's ok to release games filled with bugs, I reserve the right to use any means necessary to pay as little as possible for the game.

Fair's fair.

I will play it at launch, but my purchase of Cyberpunk 2077 will be delayed for quite a while following the spirit of this game's release.

Perkel

Arcane
I will play it at launch, but my purchase of Cyberpunk 2077 will be delayed for quite a while following the spirit of this game's release.

They are supporting Black Lives Matter. So it is only normal to steal from them. I should organize some BLM protest near their Warsaw HQ, break into building and steal Geralt statue like good black man. I hope they will clap when i do that and chant BLM we support you.

BLM fuck yeah !

so much shitty crafting junk does this game have? Will it top Witcher 3 with its amazing system of collecting rope ladders, broken nails and goat hides
> Play Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition mod
> You have earned a precious skill point, but you need to meditate in order to assign it to a skill
> You need to brew a potion to fight some drowners (among the toughest enemies in W3EE)
> You don't want to fast travel to an inn or town where there are burning fires
> You find an old ladder, you decompose it to Wood
> Set up a fire (requires wood to set up a fire so you can craft stuff), meditate, brew potions assign the skill point
> Just barely defeat the drowners.
>> ~* Immersion *~ <<

Or you can find any torch, fireplace, kitchen whatever as long as it lits and meditate near it which does the same thing. Either way TW3EE has shitload of options you can turn on/off in options>mod>tw3ee.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I mentioned "you don't want to fast travel to where there are burning fires". For the sake of immersion.

Gerrard

Arcane
Are the Russian codes region locked?
AFAIK no but you should buy through VPN.
Asking because I somehow doubt they would be selling the codes at a loss (a pretty big loss considering normal US price) just to generate traffic. So I wonder if they aren't actually Russian codes still sold at a gain.

Actually, looking into this, seems like PA is a bit shady when it comes to codes (as opposed to physical stuff).

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
They are supporting Black Lives Matter. So it is only normal to steal from them. I should organize some BLM protest near their Warsaw HQ, break into building and steal Geralt statue like good black man. I hope they will clap when i do that and chant BLM we support you.

BLM fuck yeah !
This statue?
rn4ufm94mq541.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I've been avoiding trailers for months because why spoil the game, but I watched 30 seconds of PC RTX footage and just want to say the game looks amazing and anyone bitching about graphics downgrades is a fucking moron. Thank you, continue.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

BLM fuck yeah !

Before doing all that remember to paint your face black. Otherwise the police will arrest you.

Semiurge

Cipher
Who isn't using Ryzen in a new gaming machine in current year? It is not even a contest.

I'm sorry that you're too poor to afford a 16-thread i9. Ryzens have no place in a contest with those babies, in fact Intel has dominated the gaming performance segment since the Conroe architecture, now 14 years old.

Yosharian

Arcane
Who isn't using Ryzen in a new gaming machine in current year? It is not even a contest.

I'm sorry that you're too poor to afford a 16 thread i9. Ryzens have no place in a contest with those babies, in fact Intel has dominated the gaming performance since the Conroe architecture, now 14 years old.
Have you been living under a rock? The new Ryzen CPUs are shitting on everything Intel has.

Semiurge

Cipher

I'm sorry that you're too poor to afford a 16 thread i9. Ryzens have no place in a contest with those babies, in fact Intel has dominated the gaming performance since the Conroe architecture, now 14 years old.
Have you been living under a rock? The new Ryzen CPUs are shitting on everything Intel has.

In tasks that require lots of threads like video editing, but surely not in gaming performance? Intel has had better single core performance for some time, their brute force compensates for fewer threads compared to Ryzens.

Readher

Savant

In tasks that require lots of threads like video editing, but surely not in gaming performance? Intel has had better single core performance for some time, their brute force compensates for fewer threads compared to Ryzens.
Time to wake up, grandpa.
JUMP2nJ.png

Quillon

Arcane
currently best possible gaming PC is amd cpu + gpu combo they say, with "smart access memory" or whatever

Perkel

Arcane
currently best possible gaming PC is amd cpu + gpu combo they say, with "smart access memory" or whatever

And 6900X is not even out or reviewed yet which will be even faster than 6800X which gives trouble even RTX3090. That being said apparently Nvidia is scrapping all and will be releasing Ti version of their cards.

Semiurge

Cipher

Time to wake up, grandpa.
JUMP2nJ.png

The top models of the 5000 series do outperform Intel at the moment, but with resolutions above that ridiculous 1080p they become more or less equal. I could consider buying Ryzen if their platforms lacked the annoying bugs and compatibility issues with RAM. I find that stability is underappreciated these days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom