Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jinn

Arcane
It's funny how this "influencer" review is more informative for a newcomer than all the mainstream shit I went over yesterday.
Extra irony - he says rushing the main quest is one of the worst ways to play the game - which is what miss snowflake from Gamespot did.

This is absolutely the most informative and concise information I've gotten on the actual gameplay yet. I like a lot of what I hear in it. Doesn't sound like he's blinded by fanboyism either. Thanks for posting this.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
so how actually bad (in terms of DECLINE) it seems to be?

I asked this question a bunch of times but apparently the Codex is obsessed with the fact this game is first person as if shit like Deus Ex or Stalker never existed.

Like who gives a fuck how is the gameplay? Are the mechanics gud? Is the level design popamole garbage?

Apparently we are not to know.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Regarding rushing the main quest vs side content again, it's worth remembering the theme repeated in many interviews that CDPR try to make the player un-learn the distinction between main quest and side content. Going by Witcher 3, I think this is not just PR pitch.
I heard they locked some main quest endings behind sidequest completion. So Journo who rushed main story and complained about bad ending sounds double retarted now.

Add to that the comment about three different endings, widely different final missions etc. The reviewer who rushed the game made a statement to the effect of, "backstory makes no difference"... it now sounds like a silly statement that they could easily have verified if they bothered to play the game through twice (AKA do their job properly).

Robber Baron

Savant
It's funny how this "influencer" review is more informative for a newcomer than all the mainstream shit I went over yesterday.
Extra irony - he says rushing the main quest is one of the worst ways to play the game - which is what miss snowflake from Gamespot did.

Humanity restored

Citizen

uh oh. Remember those official requirements ? Well looks like those were for 30fps not 60fps

It looks like a bethesda game with and overly-sharp, cranked up bump maps HD texture mod
cyberpunk_2077_dildos-1.jpg

GloomFrost

Arcane

Humanity restored

The best thing I ve heard so far is that money is a valuable and a rare resource and need to be spent wisely unlike pretty much all other open world rpgs. There is still hope.

Zer0wing

Cipher

He describes it as hollywood budget Shadowrun '94 spiritual successor I waited since the announcement...

mondblut

Arcane
Also isn't the whole concept of augmentations a glorification of ableism ?
More like the reverse of ableism - since augmentations make you stronger/better (meaning people are willing to cut off their perfectly fine body parts and replace them with machine parts. And not just for practical purposes, but for stuff like pure fashion). It even goes to the point where severly augmented people call non-augumented people "meatbags" (and treat them in a manner similar to that of HK-47 from KotOR).

You are behind times. Ableism is not cherishing your stumps and deafness which make you so special. Like, what next, you'll say having 4 limbs is a norm? Literally shaking rn.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The best thing I ve heard so far is that money is a valuable and a rare resource and need to be spent wisely unlike pretty much all other open world rpgs. There is still hope.
I'm wondering how this will work in the context of being able to loot lots of cyberware parts from dead enemies.

Perkel

Arcane
When it comes to modding. If their engine is still like TW3 structure wise it will be pretty easy to mod existing things. Most of TW3 game logic was in TXT lua scripts completely open to modify in text editors. What was hard to do was to add environment due to how engine works pathfinding/navmeshing etc. Editing dialogs etc would also be hard due to their custom scripting engine which handles their dialog databases.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

So wait, it turns out people bitching and moaning about enemies being bullet sponges don't know how to build characters? Why do I get this feeling that shit's been a burden on fans of the genre since Morrowind? It's not rocket science.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

So wait, it turns out people bitching and moaning about enemies being bullet sponges don't know how to build characters? Why do I get this feeling that shit's been a burden on fans of the genre since Morrowind? It's not rocket science.

The EasyAllies guy also said that as long as you stack your skills properly into your weapon of choice you can take out an entire room of enemies before they have the time to react. Normal difficulty is supposedly too easy if you know what you are doing.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wtf is this shit? Where's her onlyfans?
I didn't know this was her as well:

I have not forgotten the prestigious RPG connoiseurs on this site who very expertly watched some leak and this made them leak in their pants over muh bullet sponges :lol:

mondblut

Arcane
There's a lot of (female) journos and influencers mad because the game sexualizes a lot of more women than men, and I don't get it.
I'm not sure what they're seeing, there are neon signs of gay rimjobs and rainbow dildos everywhere.

I am sure they have a justification why neon signs of gay rimjobs and rainbow dildos are male power fantasy or smth.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
When it comes to modding. If their engine is still like TW3 structure wise it will be pretty easy to mod existing things. Most of TW3 game logic was in TXT lua scripts completely open to modify in text editors. What was hard to do was to add environment due to how engine works pathfinding/navmeshing etc. Editing dialogs etc would also be hard due to their custom scripting engine which handles their dialog databases.
That's a major issue though. To this day Bethesda can get away with selling Skyrim at a higher price than most AAA games of that era because modding has given the game staying power well beyond its quality and impact. As it is, if the game is indeed structured similarly to W3, modders will eventually find ways to unfuck the gameplay and balance it out properly, but the game will quickly fall into obscurity because there's next to no chance of actually adding fanmade locations and quests to the game.

They could have given the fanbase the tools to slowly populate the city and add interiors, and thus kept the game in the public eye for longer, and likely boosted sales every time some big modding project was released.

If CDPR were learning animals they would have seen the obvious benefits of a healthy modding community - especially in light of Bethesda and Mount & Blade, and how they've been profiting from giving the community the necessary tools.

Far as I recall after CDPR stabbed modders in the back by never releasing the proper tools, they haven't even bothered giving lip service to the modding community during the development of 2077.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I have not forgotten the prestigious RPG connoiseurs on this site who very expertly watched some leak and this made them leak in their pants over muh bullet sponges :lol:
People just have too much faith in the cognitive abilities of game reviewers.
Remember the Kingmaker swarms?

soulburner

Cipher
uh oh. Remember those official requirements ? Well looks like those were for 30fps not 60fps. Glad i switched now from GTX980 which was at 1060 level of perf to 1080. I might lock it to 60fps at medium.

JmALSs8SnbssJDmyhbwj7h-970-80.png

(...)

CD Projekt allegedly told reviewers specifically to NOT benchmark the review version of the game because it is using an unoptimized Denuvo DRM. The final release will be DRM free and will most likely let the CPU breathe a little. While I do not expect the GTX1060/RX570 types of cards to suddenly go 60 fps, I believe the bars on such charts will become a bit longer.

edit - https://twitter.com/GamersNexus/status/1336066826233651202

YStfw3E.png

Last edited:

Terenty

Liturgist
You can kill enemies of your level easily, but if you try to take on someone higher you will be met with an indistructable bullet sponge with multipliers on their hp and damage.

And no matter your equipment or wits you will be killed in mere seconds which is as retarded as it has always been

Ekpurosis

Literate
Regarding rushing the main quest vs side content again, it's worth remembering the theme repeated in many interviews that CDPR try to make the player un-learn the distinction between main quest and side content. Going by Witcher 3, I think this is not just PR pitch.
This guy is a huge Witcher fanboy (he wrote a book about it) and played 40hours to Cyberpunk.

https://twitter.com/exserv85/status/1335992927202529287

"I don't know where to start, I'm so disgusted. Basically we are both ps faced with an RPG as a gigantic narrative game in an archaic open world and without ambition. The map is full of "?", NPCs constantly call us like in GTA 4, etc.
Imagine the map of the Witcher 3 in much smaller size but with so many points of interest, without the possibility of finding one's way without having to resort to the mini map, the time of Beauclair and its visual cues is long gone.
With the bugs we have NPCs that disappear, fall into the void, have no reactivity and we come to my second big point: the total absence of immersion. All the beautiful consistency of Witcher 3 is over :(
I could go on for hours but I'm going to develop this on video, the story is unfortunately as subtle as a 90s B movie, ass, ass, ass, action and more ass behind. I hope you enjoy dildos: they are everywhere, all the time. ALL THE TIME
There isn't ONE place in the game that I've visited where there aren't two or three to pick up like that, because I actually don't know.
I see the metacritic score and I want to change jobs haha what a fucking scandal.
Me I'm out, it's been 5 days that I can't believe the sinking, so we are light years away from writing a Witcher 3 all the gameplay of the game is average, each brick is just average, the infiltration meh, driving meh, AI lol, gunfights boring etc.
In fact the only thing I remember is that we have never seen such a staging for a game in the first person, when it does not bug, it is very pretty and it works well. But the content of the dialogues, the characters, it's so bland."

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Vaguely ethnic people and dildos everywhere - It's basically the kind of environment Bioware would love to make but doesn't dare to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom