Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sykar

Arcane
Some new Screenshots: https://www.vg247.com/2020/12/07/cyberpunk-2077-dildo-everywhere/
cyberpunk_2077_dildos-1.jpg

So this pistol has an auto trigger that does not require manual input from the gun user?
Mind you, this is a videogame, where animating the trigger finger would be needless work because nobody stops the game and zooms on the gun to check it. It's just autists who freeze a frame and complain about the trigger finger not touching the trigger.

Yes I am sure the proper animation of the trigger finger would have cost so much more than the correct animation of the fucking dildos...

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Heads must be letting steam out of their ears due to reviews fiasco.
Not yet. It all depends on how the general public judges the game.

The general public doesn't give a fuck what mainstream reviewers say any more.

That's why reviewers get so butthurt about their irrelevancy and reeeeeeeee about youtubers getting keys.

Influencers/Streamers replace corporate game media just like Streaming services and indie movies take away revenue from the Hollywood studios. I consider this incline.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Heads must be letting steam out of their ears due to reviews fiasco.
Not yet. It all depends on how the general public judges the game.

The general public doesn't give a fuck what mainstream reviewers say any more.

That's why reviewers get so butthurt about their irrelevancy and reeeeeeeee about youtubers getting keys.

Influencers/Streamers replace corporate game media just like Streaming services and indie movies take away revenue from the Hollywood studios. I consider this incline.
Can't says journos are such a loss, at least influencers/streamers actually play the game. Not that those people are any different but at least streamers pretend to be.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

So this pistol has an auto trigger that does not require manual input from the gun user?
Mind you, this is a videogame, where animating the trigger finger would be needless work because nobody stops the game and zooms on the gun to check it. It's just autists who freeze a frame and complain about the trigger finger not touching the trigger.

Yes I am sure the proper animation of the trigger finger would have cost so much more than the correct animation of the fucking dildos...

When in actual gameplay do you fucking notice a finger pulling a trigger ?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have not forgotten the prestigious RPG connoiseurs on this site who very expertly watched some leak and this made them leak in their pants over muh bullet sponges :lol:
People just have too much faith in the cognitive abilities of game reviewers.
Remember the Kingmaker swarms?
Yes, I do, but in this case it was the reverse - codexers who want to shitpost wilfully ignore a game mechanic which journos understood.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
So wait, it turns out people bitching and moaning about enemies being bullet sponges don't know how to build characters? Why do I get this feeling that shit's been a burden on fans of the genre since Morrowind? It's not rocket science.
You can kill enemies of your level easily, but if you try to take on someone higher you will be met with an indistructable bullet sponge with multipliers on their hp and damage.

And no matter your equipment or wits you will be killed in mere seconds which is as retarded as it has always been
If true, that's unfortunate. I had never really noticed that sort of scaling until Ass Creed Odyssey, and it was already egregious then.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I have not forgotten the prestigious RPG connoiseurs on this site who very expertly watched some leak and this made them leak in their pants over muh bullet sponges :lol:
People just have too much faith in the cognitive abilities of game reviewers.
Remember the Kingmaker swarms?
Yes, I do, but in this case it was the reverse - codexers who want to shitpost wilfully ignore a game mechanic which journos understood.
Huh? Am I missing something? The sponginess stems from level scaling and journos being too retarded to build a character properly. Which part did journos understand

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Is level scaling really the appropriate phrase here? The enemy levels are static and don't change based on the player's own level, as far as I understand.

Terenty

Liturgist
Is level scaling really the appropriate phrase here? The enemy levels are static and don't change based on the player's own level, as far as I understand.
They don't scale, you just need to be a good boy/girl/it and never explore the map outside of the immediate quests/tasks so not to stumble upon a bullet sponge

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
CD Projekt allegedly told reviewers specifically to NOT benchmark the review version of the game because it is using an unoptimized Denuvo DRM. The final release will be DRM free and will most likely let the CPU breathe a little. While I do not expect the GTX1060/RX570 types of cards to suddenly go 60 fps, I believe the bars on such charts will become a bit longer.

edit - https://twitter.com/GamersNexus/status/1336066826233651202

YStfw3E.png
I like how this documents once again that Denuvo costs performance.

You can kill enemies of your level easily, but if you try to take on someone higher you will be met with an indistructable bullet sponge with multipliers on their hp and damage.

And no matter your equipment or wits you will be killed in mere seconds which is as retarded as it has always been
How would you solve the problem, without changing the game to isometric turn based or something.

Can't says journos are such a loss, at least influencers/streamers actually play the game. Not that those people are any different but at least streamers pretend to be.
With streamers/youtubers there is direct contact and easily to gauge impact in the form of the publicly visible stuff like views and likes etc. It's notable that none of the big youtube channels try to maintain an SJW agenda. This tells you how viable the SJW journos would have been if they were relying on viewer donations and not on publisher's ad revenue and PR budget money. Journalism funded by viewers may be biased and partisan but at least it won't turn into a corporate shoeshine boy.

Huh? Am I missing something? The sponginess stems from level scaling and journos being too retarded to build a character properly. Which part did journos understand
At least in one mainstram review I saw the journos comment on the spongyness being there only as a result of lack of skill specialization. It may have been IGN's review, but I can't guarantee, because I watched them in quick succession.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
They don't scale, you just need to be a good boy/girl/it and never explore the map outside of the immediate quests/tasks so not to stumble upon a bullet sponge

Well, as I haven't played the game to see if this is the way it is, and have only seen a retarded streamer at low level venture to the edge of the map and pick a fight, I can't say reasonably whether or not this is the case.

I can ask, however, who here is a fan of Gothic? If you are, you know what happens when you try to fight an orc at level 8 with the best equipment you can get your hands on. You do little to no damage and get demolished. I think a lot of people here agree that Gothic 1 and 2 handle the open world RPG approach better than most similar games. Which leads me to this point: I guess I never saw why people had such a huge problem with how Witcher 3 handled encounters that were higher level than the character, beyond certain creatures being of the same race as lower level, but more powerful. We will see similar design in Cyberpunk, but as far as I've seen, there hasn't been any level requirements on equipment. So theoretically, it could be much better and freeform in Cyberpunk.

Again, we won't know for sure until we play, but from what we have heard and seen, it seems like it could be the case. Either way, referring to it as level scaling is maybe unintentionally misleading, as almost everyone associates that with Bethesda style scaling to player level.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After enduring KCD and Expeditions Viking's bugs at launch, I'm pretty sure my skin is thick enough for this game. Bring it on you pollack pos.

mondblut

Arcane

Enemies getting bonuses until player's level reaches arbitrary value? That's reverse level scaling.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Enemies getting bonuses until player's level reaches arbitrary value? That's reverse level scaling.

No, the idea is that the enemies are placed with static stats from the beginning of the game, or chapter in the case of Gothic. The only bonus they have is that they're higher level than the character, which isn't particularly a bonus, but just the waiting state of the enemy. At least that's how I understand it.

Drowed

Arcane
So, what I understood so far than to expect from the game:

1) Bugs, essentially a new Fallout 76. And no day-1 patch can save that.
2) NPCs with strange behavior, especially in response to aggression. (Again, same as Behtesda.)
3) Bullet sponge gameplay. Expected, obviously.
4) Main quest is kinda short, relatively speaking, and not very interesting.
5) A multitude of optional quests, which affect the plot of the main quest, lots of C&C. Quests of all quality levels, some very interesting, and others totally stupid.
6) The progression of your character's level and abilities makes some difference, but nothing very significant.
7) Game performance below expectations. Again, no news here.
8) Cringy sex stuff.

I mean, apart from the amount of bugs that goes far beyond the worst predictions, I would say that everything else is quite spot-on with what was already expected from the game. It sounds like the kind of game you wait 1 year to play, when most of the more serious bugs will have already been removed from the game (and maybe you have 2 or 3 good mods) and you'll probably have some kind of "GOTY" version with some new DLCs in the pack. That is... Basically the same as any other open-world semi-RPG released in the last 15 years, right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom