Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
i dont mean to be rude but please don't quote me unless you develop a more prominent reputation on this forum

I can't be seen associating with literally who accounts

nothing personal really just my own standards haha, hope you have a nice day and fun with cyberpunk once it's out :)

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Game should have been made into three chapters. Making the whole story 60 hours long.

This style of game with full on play through of the story at 35 hours is really just to short.

They went for more side quests and other quests unrelated to the main quest instead of focusing

on a longer story quest.

I will watch some play it with no commentary to get a feel for what they did and hear their music directing in it's final

state.

i dont mean to be rude but please don't quote me unless you develop a more prominent reputation on this forum

I can't be seem associating with literally who accounts

nothing personal really just my own standards haha, hope you have a nice day and fun with cyberpunk once it's out :)

Zer0wing

Cipher
uh oh. Remember those official requirements ? Well looks like those were for 30fps not 60fps. Glad i switched now from GTX980 which was at 1060 level of perf to 1080. I might lock it to 60fps at medium.

JmALSs8SnbssJDmyhbwj7h-970-80.png

(...)

CD Projekt allegedly told reviewers specifically to NOT benchmark the review version of the game because it is using an unoptimized Denuvo DRM. The final release will be DRM free and will most likely let the CPU breathe a little. While I do not expect the GTX1060/RX570 types of cards to suddenly go 60 fps, I believe the bars on such charts will become a bit longer.

edit - https://twitter.com/GamersNexus/status/1336066826233651202

YStfw3E.png
Pfft, yeah, Denuvo. 'memba how Witcher 3 v1.02 ran like? Like dis for example:
PRCr68b.png

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded

I can't be seem associating with literally who accounts

have sex

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Congrats, u ran into the same content gating, cause to beat bunch of listed enemies you will need certain upgrades/guns/ammo types that will be locked behind main/sidequests as well. But now it's worse, cause you can't just farm the levels and skip shit you don't like doing, you have to complete them for rewards.

Game does not have diablo style gear btw, you have arsenal of guns with base stats that you can put of modifications on, like Deus Ex.
Yes, this is starting to look like a rerun of the conversation from pages ~540

Levels are a spook, just remove them altogether.
Take STALKER for example, you didn't need to upgrade your Ak-74 into an AK-101 before the game let you kill higher tier enemies.

"Here's a lv 20 Hobo, you can't kill it so fuck off and go kill a hundred lv 10 Hobos then come back" doesn't actually make for interesting gameplay.
I understand your point, but if you have no level-gating on the player or on his items (not much difference, because the end result is the different damage output), how would you give the player a sense of character/build progression, and specifically in an open world game, which *also* should be story-driven - how would you stop him from going into places where he shouldn't be for "story" reasons? I guess you could use stuff like "neighborhood lockdown" or other narrative-sourced helpers, but the end result is still gating. :)

My favorite approach is that of games like Pirates!, Battle Brothers, Mount & Blade - everything is open, you gain (or grind, depending on viewpoint) skills by performing the actions, and you get your ass kicked if you end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. I guess this would be described as "roguelike + saving", though I've never played Rogue itself. However the big downside of this approach is that you can't have a story that's too complex.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Pfft, yeah, Denuvo. 'memba how Witcher 3 v1.02 ran like? Like dis for example:
PRCr68b.png
On a sidenote, I find it fun how the rest of the benchmarking system's specs have increased since 2015. I still have i7 4790k and 2x4 GB DDR3 RAM, which was apparently considered enough of a benchmarking system in order to isolate the GPU during tests. Nowadays it would be an i9 / 16 GB DDR4 (if not more)

orcinator

Liturgist
how would you give the player a sense of character/build progression

Okay so check out this mad idea
Instead of worrying about progression memes you just make good gameplay with tons of depth so as the player plays the game they're forced to get better at the game to overcome harder challenges.

how would you stop him from going into places where he shouldn't be for "story" reasons?
You put a fucking door there. Cyberpunk and Witcher don't let you speedrun the game if you cheat and reach max level so I don't even know what you're on about.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
please stop posting in the same threads as me if you use a -hard- drive in 2020

I use the SSD for development and the HDD for garbage AAA games. But given how bad the load times are getting these days I won't be able to get away with that soon.
I still put the installers on the HDD though. If I could afford to I would get a second M.2 but the new Wacom took priorities because my Cintiq finally died after 14 years.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Specs go up, performance still goes down. It's just the general decline of game development and IT.

TBH Witcher 3 @ Ultra in 4K native looks stunning in 2020. I'm talking no reshade or other postprocessing outside of the game options.

That screenshot perkel showed is difficult to draw conclusions from, CP77 will be "Shiny Stuff 77" otherwise the quality of NPCs in particular was kind of a letdown from a graphics whore perspective. I can't abide sharp corners on shoulders and lack of bounicng tits, and if someone makes excuses about it being open world, fuck open world and let's go back to hub based. Not that going hub based helped TOW, but that was just Tim Cain dreaming about a speedy retirement.

Perkel

Arcane
You make some dumb fucking posts all the time, but this one might be the dumbest you've made this year. Congratulations. Your dumbfuck tag is long overdue.

Ok mister "i don't know what strobe light is"
But this could be cultural difference. In Europe club scene is huge. In US niggerlandia it is not.

mondblut

Arcane
Okay so check out this mad idea
Instead of worrying about progression memes you just make good gameplay with tons of depth so as the player plays the game they're forced to get better at the game to overcome harder challenges.

Are you sure you are on the right forum?

Not asking whether the game is on the right forum (it is not), but as long as it is not moved to general gaming, shut the fuck up. There is no "getting better" outside of learning your way through "progression memes". :obviously:

Specs go up, performance still goes down. It's just the general decline of game development and IT.
Look at watch dog's leaked source for proofs, i am surprised that any machines can handle modern games if they all have that abomination of a code.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom