Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

D&D 5E Discussion

Caim

Arcane
GQdCKp9W4AAqDUC

Somehow, we went from "Orcs are blacks, and that's rayciss" to "Orcs are mexicans (and that's a good thing)".
Make the wall of iron ten feet higher.

thesecret1

Arcane
Why are these people such goddamn hacks? Why does every fantasy race need to be a real world analogue of something (and not even a subtle one)? Why do orcs need to be stand-ins for niggers or mexicans? The whole point of having a fantasy race is to have it be different from humans. Alien. New.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Why are these people such goddamn hacks? Why does every fantasy race need to be a real world analogue of something (and not even a subtle one)? Why do orcs need to be stand-ins for niggers or mexicans? The whole point of having a fantasy race is to have it be different from humans. Alien. New.

People are trained to be "activists" in college/university. Have been for like a couple of decades now.

RatTower

Arcane
Developer
GQdCKp9W4AAqDUC

Somehow, we went from "Orcs are blacks, and that's rayciss" to "Orcs are mexicans (and that's a good thing)".
What's even the point of having playable orcs if they are just humans?
Apparently, these aren't half-orcs either.

It is so lame. I'm falling asleep just looking at it.
To think there was a time when people called pig orcs generic.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Jesus Christ, I just listened to a bit of the Barbarian one there - apparently with this system your barb can make a stealth check using STR while raging. How utterly retarded and "all must have prizes."

smh
The argument I've seen made is that it's like a leopard on the prowl. It's only the case while you rage, which I can only assume means rage lasts much longer.

Lhynn

Arcane
Its all retardation. They want to move away from 5e, but Im not sure players will move with them, by every metric the new system is worse.

That player handbook art is pozed to the max. Everything is female and black. One exception I saw was a boy in a wheelchair. That's right. Speedy-McGee is going to combat evil and spelunking dangerous dungeons in his fucking wheelchair. On a mechanical basis, I agree with others where it appears that they want to make every class all-the-things. Everything for everyone.

ind33d

Learned
That player handbook art is pozed to the max. Everything is female and black. One exception I saw was a boy in a wheelchair. That's right. Speedy-McGee is going to combat evil and spelunking dangerous dungeons in his fucking wheelchair. On a mechanical basis, I agree with others where it appears that they want to make every class all-the-things. Everything for everyone.
at what IQ level does literacy become impossible? because we're gonna hit that soon. what will D&D be selling once its customers can't read?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom