Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 has leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
I just got to Kirkwall.

haha_oh_wow.jpg

Everything went even worse than expected. The game is completely railroaded, you are watching a someone else's story with no input from the player. Kirkwall is emptier than Denerim. The complexity and roleplaying possibilities involved in getting into the city are just overwhelmingly "awesome".

:retarded:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Some major flip-flop from our friend VD.

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,1979.msg64087.html#new

Oblivion:

At that pivotal moment the design for Oblivion was born: an action game for casual gamers sold as an RPG! Brilliant! Why brilliant? Well, any complaints about the action elements would be met with "It's an RPG! Duh!", while any complaints about the RPG elements would be met with "It's not your grandpa's RPG with die rolls and skill checks. It's an action game! For next generation! Duh!"

Dragon Age:

the best Bioware RPG and one of the best role-playing games in years

Dragon age 2:

They threw out many (most?) RPG elements (which sucked anyway), so now it's a fun action game, i.e. "good for what it is".

Oh wow, it turns out all rpg element in best rpg since Arcanum sucked. :lol:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
I just expirienced my first "time jump". As i feared, it serves no purpose (all the "long term consequences" are presented as one unimportant line of text), but severes all the connection with your character. Hawke somehow got new armour without my involvement, he has deals with people i don't know, he is in a situation i am not aware of, etc... There no way i can say that this is "my" character.

Multi-headed Cow

I also like how in the first time jump, you'll see that chick arguing with the merchant in the square there. A year passes, and same chick arguing with same merchant in the same place.

Maybe Bioware is trying to tell us something deep. :philosoraptor:

chzr

Erudite
Serious_Business said:
I've tried it a bit as well. Same shit as DA1, as expected. Makes me laugh that you'd cry decline over this and not the first one. If you liked the first one then you should like this no problems.

this. except more railroading (or more like, it's a lot more visible now), the gameplay is p. much the same.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
chzr said:
Serious_Business said:
I've tried it a bit as well. Same shit as DA1, as expected. Makes me laugh that you'd cry decline over this and not the first one. If you liked the first one then you should like this no problems.

this. except more railroading (or more like, it's a lot more visible now), the gameplay is p. much the same.

Bullshitz, stop the lies, start the truths.

DA2 is much, much faster paced, combat is MUCH less tactical. The speed, the camera, the lack of movement, the horrible targeting; all this contribute to combat much more trite.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Grunker said:
chzr said:
Serious_Business said:

DA2 is much, much faster paced, combat is MUCH less tactical. The speed, the camera, the lack of movement, the horrible targeting; all this contribute to combat much more trite.

Yeah but who gives a fuck? Even with it's tacticalness, combat was horrendous in DAO. Shit gameplay is shit, why do the differences in how it's shitty matter?

Exmit

Scholar
DA 2 IS DA O which is faster and st00pid fanbois GO OMG!@$)$)!@)$!)@)BIOWARE!$)@@)GAIDER$)!@)$)@@COKC$@!)!@$)CANNOT$@)@)!SUK

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Dajaaj said:
Grunker said:
chzr said:
Serious_Business said:

Yeah but who gives a fuck? Even with it's tacticalness, combat was horrendous in DAO.

If you say so. Obviously your arbitrary opinion is right.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Dajaaj said:
Ah, so you enjoyed fighting the exact same battle 5 million times using an MMO combat system?

I've never played a game in which you fight the exact same battle 5 million times using an MMO combat system... Well, maybe WoW which I played for like, 3 months, but I didn't get to the 5 million mark :(

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Grunker said:
Dajaaj said:
Ah, so you enjoyed fighting the exact same battle 5 million times using an MMO combat system?

I've never played a game in which you fight the exact same battle 5 million times using an MMO combat system... Well, maybe WoW which I played for like, 3 months, but I didn't get to the 5 million mark :(

Then why are you comparing DAO and DA2 when you never playing DAO? :M

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Dajaaj said:
Grunker said:
Dajaaj said:

Then why are you comparing DAO and DA2 when you never playing DAO? :M

I've played DA:O two times in fact :thumbsup:

Angthoron

Arcane
You should play it seven times before you can judge it, bro.

Also, Metacritic user reviews haven't been this low for an AAA game since Spore, I think. Just wow. PS3 gives it a smoldering 2.8 at the moment, and it just keeps on falling.

Exmit

Scholar
Angthoron said:
You should play it seven times before you can judge it, bro.

Also, Metacritic user reviews haven't been this low for an AAA game since Spore, I think. Just wow. PS3 gives it a smoldering 2.8 at the moment, and it just keeps on falling.

More reasons for dexers to play it. We know that mainstream hates good rpgs, the lower the score the more dexers should play it over 7 times.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Dear gods, now I've gone and done it. After 13 hours of this bullshit I can hardly stand looking at this piece of shit anymore. There isn't a single redeeming feature nor any fun to be had in this game. The combat is a terrible abomination made in the darkest and most horrible pits of hell. Everything about this game is terrible, beyond my wildest dreams.
And not only is the concept, the core game and story flawed, the game seems unfinished. Copy pasted environments everywhere, character placeholders still left in the game, weird skips in the story.
Camera is shit, graphics is shit, story is shit combat mechanics are shit, etc.

My maleshep... err.. I mean male Hawke, ended up looking pretty decent. But that's about the only positive thing I can think of about this game.
codexda2.jpg

If anyone wants to play the game from the end of the demo I've made a save right after the intro. He's a warrior but you can change class with a savegame editor anyway, I think.
Here's the save. Just put it in your documents and you're set for a terrible gaming experience.

Edit: I think I lost 10 points in INT too.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Exmit said:
Angthoron said:
More reasons for dexers to play it. We know that mainstream hates good rpgs, the lower the score the more dexers should play it over 7 times.
Actually, Metacritic's user rating almost always is lower for overhyped AAA titles and slightly more favourable for real gems that are critised by press for retarded reasons. If you really believe games with low user rating on Metacritic are good for you, I suggest playing Spore (4.6) or Modern Warfare 2 (3.7).

chzr

Erudite
Grunker said:
chzr said:
Serious_Business said:

i wouldn't say the combat is THAT faster - while the general attacks are a bit faster, skills seem to be quicker mainly for the player while enemies are doing their special attacks several seconds (killing the ogre with any ranged character simply by kiting, without getting scratched). that and the lack of camera doesn't really make it less tactical (not like origins combat was very tactical to begin with), just more chaotic and it forces you to pause more often... horrible targeting was in dao too, though i agree with lack of top down view, it sometimes takes few more seconds to aim that aoe correctly.

playing on nightmare, the main difference seems to be that your archers and mages can get 'shocked' by any hit, which apart from interrupting attacks/spells can lead to 'stunlocks' and quick death very easily (especially nasty when enemy archer targets your archer/mage, rendering him useless for most of the fight).

apart from that and some balancing, changes are more 'cosmetic' in a retarded way then anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom