Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 has leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You know, the narrative device of someone telling someone else the story in retrospect also seems like Bioware wanted to rip-off a certain Obsidian game released recently...

ZbojLamignat

Educated
Jim Cojones said:
Exmit said:
Angthoron said:
Also, Metacritic user reviews haven't been this low for an AAA game since Spore, I think. Just wow. PS3 gives it a smoldering 2.8 at the moment, and it just keeps on falling.
More reasons for dexers to play it. We know that mainstream hates good rpgs, the lower the score the more dexers should play it over 7 times.
Actually, Metacritic's user rating almost always is lower for overhyped AAA titles and slightly more favourable for real gems that are critised by press for retarded reasons. If you really believe games with low user rating on Metacritic are good for you, I suggest playing Spore (4.6) or Modern Warfare 2 (3.7).
In which wonderful parallel universe are the gamers so intelligent that they bestow MW2 with 3.7 average rating?

Jim Cojones

Prophet
ZbojLamignat said:
Jim Cojones said:
Exmit said:
Angthoron said:
Also, Metacritic user reviews haven't been this low for an AAA game since Spore, I think. Just wow. PS3 gives it a smoldering 2.8 at the moment, and it just keeps on falling.
More reasons for dexers to play it. We know that mainstream hates good rpgs, the lower the score the more dexers should play it over 7 times.
Actually, Metacritic's user rating almost always is lower for overhyped AAA titles and slightly more favourable for real gems that are critised by press for retarded reasons. If you really believe games with low user rating on Metacritic are good for you, I suggest playing Spore (4.6) or Modern Warfare 2 (3.7).
In which wonderful parallel universe are the gamers so intelligent that they bestow MW2 with 3.7 average rating?
In our.

modernwarfare.png

ZbojLamignat said:
Jim Cojones said:
Exmit said:
Angthoron said:
It's mostly butthurt PC gamers doing it for the wrong reasons though ("WAAAAAA THERES NO LEAAAAAN")

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Vaarna_Aarne said:
You know, the narrative device of someone telling someone else the story in retrospect also seems like Bioware wanted to rip-off a certain Obsidian game released recently...
Well, who in their right mind can blame them for LIKING ALPHA PROTOCOL THIS MUCH??!

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I believe he's been quoted here before. He saw what direction they were taking the game, and didn't like it because he preferred tactical, party based RPG's or something, and asked to leave. So now he does QA instead.

yes brent knowles was the las true lead designer. he could save this franchise. i hope he found a job in cd projekt

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
herostratus said:
ZbojLamignat said:
Jim Cojones said:
Exmit said:
Angthoron said:
It's mostly butthurt PC gamers doing it for the wrong reasons though ("WAAAAAA THERES NO LEAAAAAN")

No, it's mostly PC gamers which realised how mw2 and b.ops are nothing but consoletard fanservice. All the gadgetry, the callsigns, the emblems, the unlock system, the IWnet matchmaking system, the ridiculously useless anti-cheat system, the LOL map packs (re-releases of CoD4 maps...) for outrageous amounts of money, the retarded "perks" were just introduced by IW/Treyarch to boost their sales on the console market, and it worked out pretty well for them. Extremely well I'd say.

Most "hardcore" FPS players have in fact reverted back to CoD4 shortly after mw2 was released, and didn't even give b.ops a try (and rightfully so). In fact, CoD4 and CS:S are the two remaining modern FPS out there with a consistent player base for any PC gamer who likes to indulge, occasionally, into some mindless carnage. We don't give a shit about lean, but we actually are annoyed when every server features at least 2 cheaters and at least 5 people under the age of 10.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Hamster said:
Kirkwall is emptier than Denerim.
Vault Dweller said:
The city seems big. It's one of the few gaming cities that actually do look like cities as of opposite to villages with large buildings.
Who to believe... now THERE'S your C&C bitches.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Sceptic said:
Hamster said:
Vault Dweller said:
The city seems big. It's one of the few gaming cities that actually do look like cities as of opposite to villages with large buildings.

The first area of Kirkwall was emptier than Denerim, and thats after you are told that this area is so overflown with refugees that authorities had to close the city gates.

I stoped playing right after getting access to the entire city, will check out how "big" and looking "like city" it is tomorrow.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
In other words, you played for about an hour, if that, and haven't seen shit.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Vault Dweller said:

And if in responce to me you would have posted "you haven't seen shit, Hamster", that would have been totally ok.

My problem is that you instead posted a bunch of lame reason why this game should not be criticized.

"It's an action RPG" is not a good reason to ignore best part of the first game (quest design) being removed. Of course, as of now neither of us knows if it was removed or not, but you found an excuse already, just in case.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Hamster said:
My problem is that you instead posted a bunch of lame reason why this game should not be criticized.
Like? I don't care if the game is criticized or not. I didn't jump in to defend the game when it was criticized for the last few days. I posted my initial "looks like the game got the Mass Effect 2 treatment, don't play it if you expect a proper sequel or didn't like ME2" impressions and you immediately jumped in to argue. I naively assumed that you've played the game enough to form a solid opinion. My bad.

"It's an action RPG" is not a good reason to ignore best part of the first game (quest design) being removed. Of course, as of now neither of us knows if it was removed or not, but you found an excuse already, just in case.
Like I said, games should be reviewed and judged based on what they are, not on what they should or could have been. It's a very simple statement, no?

kris

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:

Wait, are you saying you like this game? Or more importantly, that you like the directio nthey taken with this game.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"The first area of Kirkwall was emptier than Denerim"

Bullshit. The first area is filled with people all wanting to get into the city. What did you expect ? For it to be full of quests? The only goal of 99% of the peeps there is to get into the city, and since the PC is pretty much a nobody he is useless to them.

Kirkwall is vastly sueprior to Denerim (nott hat Denirim sucked). Denerim wa sbasically one maina rea with a bunch of side areas reserved for quests. Kirkwall is huge. I spent a few hours last night exploring the city and looking at shops and stuff yet i still haven't covered the whole thing and only did 2-3 quests.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hamster said:
Sceptic said:
Hamster said:
Vault Dweller said:

The first area of Kirkwall was emptier than Denerim, and thats after you are told that this area is so overflown with refugees that authorities had to close the city gates.

I stoped playing right after getting access to the entire city, will check out how "big" and looking "like city" it is tomorrow.

I stopped at the gates. Somehow the 'desperate hordes of refugees' refused entry into Kirkwall being no more than a dozen bland models standing feebly around, kind of ruined the effect they were trying to get at.

Volourn said:
"The first area of Kirkwall was emptier than Denerim"

Bullshit. The first area is filled with people all wanting to get into the city. What did you expect ? For it to be full of quests? The only goal of 99% of the peeps there is to get into the city, and since the PC is pretty much a nobody he is useless to them.

Bullshitz. Stop the liez start the truthz. A dozen or so characters standing idly outside of a gate protected by 3 guards is an area 'filled with people all wanting to get in'? They looked more like pensioners waiting for the 12.30 bus.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Vault Dweller said:
I naively assumed that you've played the game enough to form a solid opinion. My bad.

My first post started with "If getting into Kirkwall..." Yes, your bad.

It's a very simple statement, no?

It's a very convinient statement for shit, badly designed games.

Like this:

They threw out many (most?) RPG elements (which sucked anyway),

"good for what it is".

If you expect an RPG with like skills and lengthy dialogues, or you can't get over the fact that it says role-playing game somewhere on the box, then it's not for you.

lashing out at DA2 just because it's not a sequel I wanted is kinda silly.

It's an action RPG. Would you complain about the quest design in Diablo or Sacred?

Why would you expect it when every article, interview, and video have suggested otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom