Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 has leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaChoi

Educated
Admiral jimbob said:
The shitstorm surrounding this and over on the Bioboards is absolutely glorious. I've barely been following the game at all, but I can barely look away. ITZ HERE FOR BIOWARE

:love:

Also you shouldda been watching the hate charging up on /v/

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
The shitstorm surrounding this and over on the Bioboards is absolutely glorious.

That is an understandable reaction because the old school integrity of the Dragon Age series is something for rpg veterans to be concerned about. Doing the most promising new western rpg series of the past decade a disservice like this is an insult to fans and critics alike.

All in all I'll wait for Volourn to weigh in with his thoughts before I go ahead and keep playing Magicka.

FaChoi said:
Also you shouldda been watching the hate charging up on /v/

how much hate did /v/ charge up for FO3?

Hegel

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Antihero said:
Much gnashing of teeth about Flemeth.

O ye of little faith. I don't know about you, but I'm sure they're just saving their celebrity actor VO budget for another mediocre DLC at the the game's EOL, promising answers but providing only more inane questions à la Witch Hunt. And then it'll be off to DA3, if they can keep up the ruse.

What happened in witch hunt? I only played DA:O one time then threw the DVD over my fence, so I never played any of the dlc's.
What happened in Witch Hunt?
NOTHING, literally NOTHING. That's the main reason behind many's rage.
You start the game, you're told you're going to discover secrets and answers and in the end, guess what, you've discovered NOTHING, you're in the same place you were when you started. And then Morrigan disappears. WHAT THE FUCK?
:x

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Hegel said:
Jaesun said:
Antihero said:
Much gnashing of teeth about Flemeth.

O ye of little faith. I don't know about you, but I'm sure they're just saving their celebrity actor VO budget for another mediocre DLC at the the game's EOL, promising answers but providing only more inane questions à la Witch Hunt. And then it'll be off to DA3, if they can keep up the ruse.

What happened in witch hunt? I only played DA:O one time then threw the DVD over my fence, so I never played any of the dlc's.
NOTHING, literally NOTHING. That's the main reason behind many's rage.
You start the game, you're told you're going to discover secrets and answers and in the end, guess what, you've discovered NOTHING, you're in the same place you were when you started. And then Morrigan disappears. WHAT THE FUCK?
:x

jebus. That's some goddamned quality DLC right there. Thanks for the info.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Hegel said:
NOTHING, literally NOTHING. :x

Why do you lie? Observe this impartial user review from mobygames instead:

Summary
Morrigan fans should play this DLC

The Good
Witch Hunt has a lot of traditional Dragon Age: Origins gameplay. For instance, you control all 3 of your party members like in the main game, and those characters talk to each other during the questing. Some of the chatter is rather comical and helps you get familiar with their personalities. Your companions' levels match your own so everything is on an even keel.

The graphics, music and sound are all in keeping with the main game, too, so it felt like a true extension of the game.

While your own goal is to find Morrigan, your new friends have their own reasons for joining you. To help them, you get the chance to go to some previously unexplored sections of known areas and the new, albeit small, Dragonbone Wastes. The quests themselves are really nothing new, but there are a couple of nasty monsters to fight.

You can create an entirely new character or import one from one of your previous game saves. A newly created character begins at level 20 equipped with decent armor and weapons as well as a decent stash of other items.

I liked being able to import my favorite character, along with all of the inventory I had at that point. My high level made the battles a bit easy, although I didn't mind that. The gameplay gives you enough points to level up several times too.

This DLC lets you have your armor enchanted with runes as well as your weapons, like in DAO Awakening, so those of us who haven't played that add-on get a taste of that. Some of the character's skills and talents were new to me, presumingly from that sequel as well.

When you finally find Morrigan, the interaction with her was more meaningful for me because I was playing my original character. During the conversation, she hints to something bad happening in the future and that her/your child will play an important part in it. (This may only happen if you got her pregnant during the main game.) She gives you more details about her mother, Flemeth, and says that she will be a major player in what is to come. (perhaps clues for Dragon Age 2?)

The Bad
Witch Hunt was a bit short, but I played it in short spurts rather than all at once, so it felt a little longer than the 90 minutes stated in other reviews.

The quest segment that has you following glowing lights is a bit tedious in my opinion.

The Bottom Line
If, like me, Morrigan was either a love interest and/or a major party member in Dragon Age: Origins, you'll be happy with this add-on. As I said above, Witch Hunt looks, sounds and plays like the original game, making it feel like another chapter. The few inclusions from Awakening are a welcome surprise, and playing one of your original characters is a nice perk.

The final confrontation with Morrigan can have several outcomes depending on the conversation topics you choose. One ending in particular made me happy, since she and I could ultimately stay together. I'd suggest you try this several times to see all of the endings, and perhaps with different characters to see what's different.

In the end, Witch Hunt is a satisfying DLC that is worth the mere $7 paid.

See, 7 dollars is a steal for a product like this. Makes me wonder why I paid that much for all the commando games and the original stalker on steam sales when I could have had this.

Hegel

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
Hegel said:
NOTHING, literally NOTHING. :x

Why do you lie? Observe this impartial user review from mobygames instead:

Summary
Morrigan fans should play this DLC

The Good
Witch Hunt has a lot of traditional Dragon Age: Origins gameplay. For instance, you control all 3 of your party members like in the main game, and those characters talk to each other during the questing. Some of the chatter is rather comical and helps you get familiar with their personalities. Your companions' levels match your own so everything is on an even keel.

The graphics, music and sound are all in keeping with the main game, too, so it felt like a true extension of the game.

While your own goal is to find Morrigan, your new friends have their own reasons for joining you. To help them, you get the chance to go to some previously unexplored sections of known areas and the new, albeit small, Dragonbone Wastes. The quests themselves are really nothing new, but there are a couple of nasty monsters to fight.

You can create an entirely new character or import one from one of your previous game saves. A newly created character begins at level 20 equipped with decent armor and weapons as well as a decent stash of other items.

I liked being able to import my favorite character, along with all of the inventory I had at that point. My high level made the battles a bit easy, although I didn't mind that. The gameplay gives you enough points to level up several times too.

This DLC lets you have your armor enchanted with runes as well as your weapons, like in DAO Awakening, so those of us who haven't played that add-on get a taste of that. Some of the character's skills and talents were new to me, presumingly from that sequel as well.

When you finally find Morrigan, the interaction with her was more meaningful for me because I was playing my original character. During the conversation, she hints to something bad happening in the future and that her/your child will play an important part in it. (This may only happen if you got her pregnant during the main game.) She gives you more details about her mother, Flemeth, and says that she will be a major player in what is to come. (perhaps clues for Dragon Age 2?)

The Bad
Witch Hunt was a bit short, but I played it in short spurts rather than all at once, so it felt a little longer than the 90 minutes stated in other reviews.

The quest segment that has you following glowing lights is a bit tedious in my opinion.

The Bottom Line
If, like me, Morrigan was either a love interest and/or a major party member in Dragon Age: Origins, you'll be happy with this add-on. As I said above, Witch Hunt looks, sounds and plays like the original game, making it feel like another chapter. The few inclusions from Awakening are a welcome surprise, and playing one of your original characters is a nice perk.

The final confrontation with Morrigan can have several outcomes depending on the conversation topics you choose. One ending in particular made me happy, since she and I could ultimately stay together. I'd suggest you try this several times to see all of the endings, and perhaps with different characters to see what's different.

In the end, Witch Hunt is a satisfying DLC that is worth the mere $7 paid.

See, 7 dollars is a steal for a product like this. Makes me wonder why I paid that much for all the commando games and the original stalker on steam sales when I could have had this.

:x :x :x

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
ok I've been playing it a little now. there are so many obvious - points so I'll focus on the +

+ some of the art is actually quite nice, they have at least one or two talented artists working at bioware. graphics in general i quite shitty though but I don't really care about that stuff.
+ I like the re-telling sort of narrative, especially if it makes more sense later on
+ everybody got huge milkers
+ one or two innovative quests so far that I actually kind of enjoyed
+ party management surprisingly flexible even though they removed so much stuff
+ I kinda liked the first big bad boss encounter I had, I actually had to reload(!) my game because my brain was on autopilot by then and suddenly I had to position my characters and use pots and shit. why isn't every encounter like this ffs

- half the female population suffer from lisping. learn to fucking talk. maybe lisping is the 6th blight I don't know.
- typical bioware NPCs, typical bioware intrigues. more so than expected.
- very repetitive side-quest twists and quest objectives
- 90% of all combat encounters are the same
- maybe I haven't found the option for free-camera but camera sucks until I have, if there even is one
- rarely more than 2 ways to complete a quest, and often only 1 outcome

OVERALL SCORE (so far I'm not sure I'll finish it, it's quite repetitive and I hear the ending isn't great):
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: out of 10 :oops: s

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's so much better when apparently Dragon Age 2 ALSO doesn't address any of this Flemeth/Morrigan shit, only bits of hints. You guys are right, that's gonna be addressed in the DA2 DLC.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
jaesun there are two gay relationships in the game

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Zed said:
jaesun there are two gay relationships in the game

I guess Bioware figured that there was a significant % of male roleplayers that wanted to fuck Anders. Focus groups and all.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Anders was really fucking needy.

Out of the three dialogue options given two were marked with a heart icon, even the maybe option, and only one to tell him outright NO.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Zed said:
ok I've been playing it a little now.

olololololololo. What's wrong Codex?

I've tried it a bit as well. Same shit as DA1, as expected. Makes me laugh that you'd cry decline over this and not the first one. If you liked the first one then you should like this no problems. Unfortunately I didn't, so I doubt I'll be caring much for this. Story seems a bit less BSB, I guess... must be the parts which weren't written by Gaider or something. Anyway back to Might and Magic faggots

FaChoi

Educated
^
391615-NSO2KN4.jpg

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Option A
Load"DragonAge2.exe",8,1
(71x100 MB, could take a while, brave old datassette)

Option B
Buy it. Heh, that's a good one, yea.

Option C
Divine Divinity 2, Risen, MM6, whatever, google.com or stuff.

Not sure what to choose, but C sounds not too bad.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"You start the game, you're told you're going to discover secrets and answers and in the end, guess what, you've discovered NOTHING, you're in the same place you were when you started. And then Morrigan disappears. WHAT THE FUCK? "

Bullshit, and not quite true. You have the option, btw, to go with her.

Black

Arcane
Serious_Business said:
I've tried it a bit as well. Same shit as DA1, as expected.
This is what makes some reviews especially hilarious.
Gasp, they've had this masterpiece and they turned it into a turd. But there never was any masterpiece. There are only... turds. Biodturds!

Frau Bishop, spare yourself suffering and go C.

You have the option, btw, to go with her.

With whom, Morrigan? Miss Disapproval? That's more of a "do you want your dick chopped off, y/n" choice.

Multi-headed Cow

Black said:
You have the option, btw, to go with her.

With whom, Morrigan? Miss Disapproval? That's more of a "do you want your dick chopped off, y/n" choice.
Wrong choice to ask on the Codex. :obviously:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Frau Bishop said:
Option A
Load"DragonAge2.exe",8,1
(71x100 MB, could take a while, brave old datassette)

Option B
Buy it. Heh, that's a good one, yea.

Option C
Divine Divinity 2, Risen, MM6, whatever, google.com or stuff.

Not sure what to choose, but C sounds not too bad.

Fuck it has been so many years, but wasn't it POKE 8,3,2? Good times...

Antihero

Liturgist
Volourn said:
"You start the game, you're told you're going to discover secrets and answers and in the end, guess what, you've discovered NOTHING, you're in the same place you were when you started. And then Morrigan disappears. WHAT THE FUCK? "

Bullshit, and not quite true. You have the option, btw, to go with her.

The last I'll say on this, but that's just all too true. That option indeed answered every question burning in people's mind. Never mind just one.

/|\ Mega Spoiler Alert! /|\

From a youtube video - each new revelation more shocking than the last!
* Flemeth is not even truly human... she seeks more than immortality.
* "Change" is coming to the world.
* The baby is safe and beyond your reach, and to be prepared for "what is to come". Perhaps into a realm where evil cannot touch her?
* Morrigan goes through the portal. You might get the option of going with her.
* What she had for lunch that day.

I only made the last one up, but it would have been infinitely more interesting.
stopthelies2.jpg

Funny how soon they stopped using that banner to advertise it. :M

Mild tacked-on rant:
But I dunno, mang. DA:O at least felt like they tried to make an RPG, even if they fell flat on their face in parts of the base game and the result was ultimately shit. DA2 is just whoring out the rest of the way - or getting there. It's not surprising given the direction ME2 went, but I thought they'd at least try to keep that decline separate. I know some people love it here, but even for a shooter/action game/whatever it's bad. Maybe no worse than its peers, but the mainstream shooter genre declined hard long ago as far as I can tell, and the best I can hope for usually is a good "tech demo" instead of an actual game worth playing.

Captain Shrek

Guys with Bioware accounts (one guy) please post this on Biowhore forums:

"
Hi. I am from the abysmal hell called 4chan, specifically from /v/. We have no particular problem with you Bioware defense force guys though we get trolled by you every fucking hour over whether Hawke or Geralt has a bigger belt.

There has been a mass spam on /v/ accusing that we have somehow raided and bombed Metacritic with negative reviews. Let us clear it up.

WE DID NOT DO FUCKING ANYTHING.

We did not do it.

At least not intentionally or through a consensus.

THERE WAS NO FUCKING RAID ON METACRITIC TO BEAM DOWN THE SCORES.

Believe it. I am honest. Its an actual spontaneous reaction.

Now please stop trolling us and restrict future butthurt to your own forums. We like to discuss our own rotten games in peace.

kthanxbye.

-- /v/

"

Multi-headed Cow

So channers are upset that someone is going to their shitty forum and pestering them instead of the other way around? I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom