Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 has leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

racofer

Thread Incliner
:oops:

They are working. I don't know where that "not" came from.

Multi-headed Cow

racofer said:
DLC decrypt tool is out, Multi-headed Cow.

All DLCs and signature edition items are not working 100%. Check out site out.

:D
MAKER BLESS YOU BROTHER RACOFER. :salute:

Have to admit I'm having more fun with how hilariously bad this game is as opposed to the mediocrity of DAO. This might be r00fle fuel to say I LOVE THE GAME FFS, but god damn bitching with a few of my RPG playing bros about this game is a laugh. :thumbsup:

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
You end up killing both leaders on either side regardless of which side you choose in the final.

I took just over 20 hours and I completed most of the "sub-quests", based on the achievements, I missed some quests about archaeologists and thee was a quest about a nobleman's daughter getting kidnapped in the Wounded Coast which I couldn't find (it didn't appear on the map and I sweeped through the whole area). The only thing that matters about your choices at the end is which NPCs join your party.

In the end, if you've spent all your time defending mages, you find out that most of them are blood mages and have to kill them too. Obviously Meredith was right about that, but she also turns against you.

Actual action in game takes place over 7 years. The last 3 years are in between the final fight and the dwarf telling the story.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
pm me the decrypter might wanna load up the full derp :)

Multi-headed Cow

JESUS CHRIST BIOWARE.
I tried not delivering Flemeth's amulet, because fuck witches, you know? I'm not gonna help a witch. So I do every sidequest I can get my hands on and never go to Elf Mountain to deliver the amulet, and I go to the dwarf, give him the gold for our trip into the deep roads, and he says "BRO YOU BETTER FINISH YOUR BUSINESS IN THE CITY BEFORE WE GO WE MIGHT BE GONE A WHILE" and then my sister says this.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59467 ... DEC5AE16A/

BIOWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Sceptic said:
Vault Dweller said:
Like I said many times before, judging a game based on what it's called, based on what it says on the box, based on what the developers, marketing, media claimed it to be, based on what you hoped it would be serves no fucking purpose whatsoever
Yeah I'm terribly sorry, I don't know why I confused you with someone else. Because, as all your reviews show, you have always reviewed games in a complete vacuum, without ever mentioning developers' quotes, and you certainly never drew any comparisons to other games. And of course you never compared Arcanum to DAO.
:facepalm:

No, I did not fucking compared DAO to Arcanum. Best since Arcanum does not mean every bit as good as Arcanum, does it now?

For the record though, there is nothing wrong with comparing games to other games. I hope your reading comprehension is advanced enough to see the difference between comparing and judging based on. It's one thing to say that DA2 isn't as good as [your favourite Bioware game]. It's quite another to say that DA2 is shit because it's not as good as [your favourite Bioware game]. Do I really have to explain that to you?

As for the developers' quotes, I used them for amusement, to highlight Bethesda's bullshit, not to judge Oblivion. If Oblivion was a better game, let's say as good as Gothic 2 or Morrowind, it wouldn't have mattered if the developers were making shit up, would it?

This would also be a good time to mention I do agree that judging the game ENTIRELY on blablabla serves no purpose, but I also find completely ignoring EVERYTHING, including the fucking TITLE OF THE GAME ITSELF to be pushing it a little too far.
Oh right, the title. The most important RPG aspect.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Antihero said:
BioWare didn't exactly hide the complete direction they were heading in with DA2, but why should that let them off the hook?
Because the moment you start feeling that you have the moral responsibility to judge Bioware for their crimes against humanity, you're not reviewing the game, you're judging Bioware.

I'm not saying that Bio shouldn't be judged but I don't think that a game review is a proper place for that.

But is a review going to be for people who liked ME2, were on the fence about DA:O, liked any other certain type of game - or is it going to be for some waifu-obsessive fan looking for confirmation that their signature uber-awesome edition was worth it and not to cancel their pre-order?
A review should be for people wondering what the game is like. It should provide enough information for you to form an opinion and decide if you want to play such a game.

Multi-headed Cow

Multi-headed Cow said:
JESUS CHRIST BIOWARE.
I tried not delivering Flemeth's amulet, because fuck witches, you know? I'm not gonna help a witch. So I do every sidequest I can get my hands on and never go to Elf Mountain to deliver the amulet, and I go to the dwarf, give him the gold for our trip into the deep roads, and he says "BRO YOU BETTER FINISH YOUR BUSINESS IN THE CITY BEFORE WE GO WE MIGHT BE GONE A WHILE" and then my sister says this.

And after turning the amulet in, I get this.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59467 ... 7D104C784/
:x

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
JESUS CHRIST BIOWARE.

And after turning the amulet in, I get this.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59467 ... 7D104C784/
:x

Choice and Consequences, you chose to play a railroaded game.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Vault Dweller said:
IWD2 is a dungeon crawler. Let's say, purely for argument's sakes, that it was called BG3. Should it then be trashed for failing to live up to the BG2 standards?
Of course. Comparing the game to other installments in the series is important part of judging the game. Not the only part, but an important one.
If you refuse to compare DA2 to the first part at the very least compare it to other action RPG's or action games, don't go stupid "game is what it is" route.

Oh wait, i see that you compared it to Mass Effect 2. What was the main aspect of ME2? How it chaged Mass Effect 1 formula. So to see how DA2 measures to ME2 you cannot escape comparing DA2 to DA1.

You say DA2 received Mass Effect 2 treatment, but Mass Effect 2 improved upon first part, while DA2 is the other way around.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
"Best city since Athkatla" seems kinda dead and lifeless so far. 99% of NPC are not interactive, not even traders, you just click on a bag near them without initiating any dialogue. There is no banter to overhear, no background big city noise. After Aleroth in DKS it's just painfull.

And i like it how everyone goes "arrr, go away filthy beggar" on a man in clearly expensive suit of armour.

Antihero

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
Antihero said:
But is a review going to be for people who liked ME2, were on the fence about DA:O, liked any other certain type of game - or is it going to be for some waifu-obsessive fan looking for confirmation that their signature uber-awesome edition was worth it and not to cancel their pre-order?
A review should be for people wondering what the game is like. It should provide enough information for you to form an opinion and decide if you want to play such a game.
That's always commendable. There's probably no one right way to go about doing it, but for me spoilers varying from mild to extreme seem to be the best way of late as a way to cut through the marketing B.S., wanting to know the actual details instead of fanciful generalizations for lack of credibility, presuming I haven't just bitten the bullet and bought it already (nothing directed at you there, just generalizing myself before I nod off).

I heard Dumbledore even dies at the end. True?

Angthoron

Arcane
Hamster said:
There is no banter to overhear, no background big city noise.

What, again? Non-existent ambient sounds were already a huge issue in DA: O for me, and they go and forget to put the ambients in again? They set the trend for it, and even the rather dead NWN OC city felt all the more alive for just the presence of ambients, and now they just abandoned them? That's just daft.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Hamster said:
After Aleroth in DKS it's just painfull.
On second thought, forget about Aleroth. First village in Divinity 2 is more alive than Kirkwall.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Angthoron said:
Hamster said:

What, again? Non-existent ambient sounds were already a huge issue in DA: O for me, and they go and forget to put the ambients in again?
Well, there are some distant bird sounds, some bell ringing in the distance, some distant shouts once i a while, etc. But thats not what i expect when in a middle of a giant city.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Angthoron said:
Hamster said:

What, again? Non-existent ambient sounds were already a huge issue in DA: O for me, and they go and forget to put the ambients in again? They set the trend for it, and even the rather dead NWN OC city felt all the more alive for just the presence of ambients, and now they just abandoned them? That's just daft.

Sorry but computers aren't powerful enough to support so many things.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Here are my initial impressions:
They game is literally unplayable. It stutters, it freezes, the ground turns all black all the time.

I have one of those i7 octocore thingies with 2x gtx 480 and 12 gig ram. As far as I'm concerned this machine should be able to run several instances of this game, but no. Frames per second is a joke. I'm on Win7 x64.

What now?

Multi-headed Cow

Flip to DX9 mode. Either that or wait for the new drivers which are supposedly going to fix DA2 high end performance.

Hamster said:
And i like it how everyone goes "arrr, go away filthy beggar" on a man in clearly expensive suit of armour.

What did you expect, the NPCs to notice you were practically a walking medieval WMD and adjust their behavior accordingly? Like in Fallout where you got Power Armor and all of a sudden everyone's a lot more respectful or nervous around you?

Silly rabbit. Bioware doesn't do that, and if they did it certainly wouldn't be included in a game on the lower end of their spectrum.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Multi-headed Cow said:

And what do you thing she would so to you when you lose that amulet?

kris

Arcane
Antihero said:
They don't even have the decency to tell you upfront that it's the exaggerated prologue, and that you are in-fact *immortal* despite having a variable health bar. Just try to die - you'll be automagically healed before that can happen, and it's not your sibling working any magic to do so. It doesn't stay that way when you soon have your awesome might stripped away,

I can accept this battle in which you are immortal. It is supposed to be special as in how the gay dwarf tells it. That also explains Bethany's big boobs.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
VentilatorOfDoom said:
I have one of those i7 octocore thingies with 2x gtx 480 and 12 gig ram. As far as I'm concerned this machine should be able to run several instances of this game, but no. Frames per second is a joke. I'm on Win7 x64.
There are no i7 with 8 cores. However they are preparing CPU with 6 cores.

kris said:
Antihero said:
They don't even have the decency to tell you upfront that it's the exaggerated prologue, and that you are in-fact *immortal* despite having a variable health bar. Just try to die - you'll be automagically healed before that can happen, and it's not your sibling working any magic to do so. It doesn't stay that way when you soon have your awesome might stripped away,

I can accept this battle in which you are immortal. It is supposed to be special as in how the gay dwarf tells it. That also explains Bethany's big boobs.

The player doesn't know he's playing an exxagerated version of Hawke because the game isn't talking to the player - by that point there is only the dwarf talking to the foul-mouthed lady, and he's obviously not gonna start by telling her he's making shit up.

Also, it's the tutorial - unless your fingers were bitten off by a chimpanzee and you're playing with your tongue, you're not gonna die anyway. This is a pretty derp thing to bitch about, really

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Raghar said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
There are no i7 with 8 cores. However they are preparing CPU with 6 cores.

I meant 4 cores but 8 threads, which show up as 8 processors if you look it up in windows device manager. Happy now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom