Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dark and Darker

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Next playtest starts tomorrow! Scheduled from 6th - 13th!

:fuuyeah:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Trying to play on European servers, but its all sweaty nerds who are obviously much better than me and slay me on sight. Like joining a Quake 3 Arena lobby as a newbie in 2022.

Trying to play on European servers, but its all sweaty nerds who are obviously much better than me and slay me on sight. Like joining a Quake 3 Arena lobby as a newbie in 2022.
play NA or brazil, those niggas are retarded. not even joking. going back to EU from brazil was a stark contrast, playing there made me a worse player
atleast until you hit "max" level and can pick all your perks, beyond that you are gimping yourself by playing ez mode

Last edited:

Turn_BASED

Educated
Rangers on suicide watch now after those nerfs. I think they took it a little too far. Enjoying the game a ton, solo dungeon is brutal. I’d like to see similar enemy density in the regular mode too. Group finder is cool for boomers like me. Overall very impressed with development, excited for release.

Rangers on suicide watch now after those nerfs. I think they took it a little too far. Enjoying the game a ton, solo dungeon is brutal. I’d like to see similar enemy density in the regular mode too. Group finder is cool for boomers like me. Overall very impressed with development, excited for release.
which nerfs? i played until level 6 and all i really noticed is the starter bow still sucks ass. and yeah the solo dungeon suck, it's so cramped you can barely skip mobs which makes for a really grindy experience

Turn_BASED

Educated
which nerfs? i played until level 6 and all i really noticed is the starter bow still sucks ass. and yeah the solo dungeon suck, it's so cramped you can barely skip mobs which makes for a really grindy experience
Oh yeah I never made it past the starter bow, I guess I just forgot how bad it was.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I am never again helping anyone in this game. Three times I save other people, and three times they backstab me (literally) the earliest chance they get.
I will never cease to be amazed how many psychopaths there are in PvP games, and how cooperation is impossible to negotiate in such games. And of course I spectate what they do after, and they die like retards, because of the damage I did to them in the fight and because they sure could've used another guy in there. Failing Prisoner's dilemma 100% of the time.

kinzadza

Scholar
Really like the wizard gameplay, cleric too. casters in this game are great. Lots of options with them, require skill to cast as well because of friendly fire. Also, vancian casting

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Really like the wizard gameplay, cleric too. casters in this game are great. Lots of options with them, require skill to cast as well because of friendly fire. Also, vancian casting
I wish Wizard spells were less direct. Stuff like force-throwing barrels, slapping a mud puddle on the floor that slows people who enter, etc. Right now the spells are SMG, Pistol, Grenade. Not very wiselike.

Codex USB, 2014
Technically it might worth a glance.

Realistically, it doesnt have a female avatar~ What is this? Gay developers look down on hetero players?

If its devs are around here, I would like to log my vehement protest on this discrimination on het players? We do NOT want to look at hairy male figures (because we know ourselves already, and if need confirmation just find a nearest mirror).

Why gay developers? Because there is NOT one TnA figures in the game, not players, not spawns.
I believe I have the same medieval armor asset pack from the Unreal marketplace. It has only male 3d models sadly. If they bought the medieval NPC pack as well then there might be females in the game, but not with armor on, only with dresses.

I am never again helping anyone in this game. Three times I save other people, and three times they backstab me (literally) the earliest chance they get.
I will never cease to be amazed how many psychopaths there are in PvP games, and how cooperation is impossible to negotiate in such games. And of course I spectate what they do after, and they die like retards, because of the damage I did to them in the fight and because they sure could've used another guy in there. Failing Prisoner's dilemma 100% of the time.
dude, the fact that you even did it once :lol: these types of games are not for carebears

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I've actually experienced a good amount of solo-ers playing nice and joining up after bumping into each other, but it helps to use a mic, and maybe not take it too seriously. I've seen a few funny RP'er types around. At the very least you can try to do the crouch-dance a few times back at each other to attempt a shakey peace accord

made a bunch of clips, cleric is a lot of fun when you play it right. you can fully self heal 2x with sanctuary, almost full heal with minor heal and 2-3 shot almost anyone with bless+beer+judgment stack. imo the most meta class of the game, especially since you don't have to bring any gear at all and still have a full kit to play with. oh and the cheap beer is literally 1 gold per piece but gives you more str than you could get unless you spent like 1000 gold on your gear :lol:

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
made a bunch of clips, cleric is a lot of fun when you play it right. you can fully self heal 2x with sanctuary, almost full heal with minor heal and 2-3 shot almost anyone with bless+beer+judgment stack. imo the most meta class of the game, especially since you don't have to bring any gear at all and still have a full kit to play with. oh and the cheap beer is literally 1 gold per piece but gives you more str than you could get unless you spent like 1000 gold on your gear :lol:

The way you are pointing that staff when blessing, you were very close to blessing the guy who is attacking you.

The way you are pointing that staff when blessing, you were very close to blessing the guy who is attacking you.

yeah i was looking away purposely, but w/e. kind of a shitty clip but still got the kills :lol: need more practice, esp dodging peoples strikes up close with crouch+looking down (which works in pve as well, btw)

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
How deep do these dungeons go? Are they just arenas? Do environment assets change?

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Any tips for taking out skeleton archers as a melee character? Or am I just supposed to avoid them like the plague? Those bastards are just as dangerous as skeleton mages because they come in groups and their projectiles are faster.

How deep do these dungeons go? Are they just arenas? Do environment assets change?
you can take a red portal to down to the "hell" level where loot is better, everything has more hp and does more dmg and the assets do change, hence the name. im sure they have more stuff like this planned. right now its pretty busted because rangers can cheese almost all of it by using bear traps and sitting where AI can't reach
Any tips for taking out skeleton archers as a melee character? Or am I just supposed to avoid them like the plague? Those bastards are just as dangerous as skeleton mages because they come in groups and their projectiles are faster.
you can literally crouch and look down before the arrow hits you and it will go over you with a pretty good deal of consistency, same with avoiding player swings. you can also abuse corners and go in when it's not shooting

shadowplay didn't capture my audio, went something like this:

me, when his buddies were dead: it's all over for you buddy
him: can you fuck off, suck a dick

he hits me with chain lightning, i say "cute spell, where do you think you're going?"

he dies, i do the evil cartoon villain laugh :positive:

Last edited:

Nelka

Educated
This game is sooo much fun! Playing duo right now, so still getting grinded by party of three sometimes, but we are getting better with every run. Still testing classes! Crouch evades are really cool, gotta say. Wonder if they will ever go with cancel attack function, like in Mordhau.

Also, there's nothing better than to dim the lights near extract zone and ambush full party. So rewarding!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom