Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

i actually liked fighting those big snake guys with axes as long as i stayed in open areas. they felt less bullshit than their midget friends with 5 inches knives stunlocking me to death with first combo :rage:

sullynathan

Arcane
game runs like absolute shit even on a new computer. I have to play at low with a very low resolution.

Last edited:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I don't care if they have a reason, they're an enemy you can't attack until you wait around for them to float into range for half an hour. Fucking horseshit. These chain guys never caused me any problems because I didn't run around like a retard trying to force them into attacking through walls. There are like 2 in the whole area, and they're both in large open rooms. You want a 3D game with flawless collision detection? Make one then, it's fucking nigh impossible.

You're just fucking butthurt because you thought you were some sort of fucking genius for trying to hide behind a wall and the enemy's weapon clipped through, forcing you to actually fight it. What a horror, having to actually fight enemies instead of abusing their AI to make them helpless. I guess the programmers should have just cut out all of Lothric Castle so they could spend time making destructible terrain so these guys simply tear the walls down like the giants they are, rendering the level impossible to finish. Because MUH REALISMS!

Worst excuse for a broken mechanic I ever heard. Are you one of those Miyazakifags too?

The simple fact that enemies can willy knilly attack through walls but a players weapon bounces off makes your 'argument' redundant. Repositioning in a fight has also nothing to do with being a pussy, blindly charging into enemy clusters that cheat for some fake sense of 'gitting gud' is the only thing that is retarded.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Your weapon still hits through the wall though even if it does bounce, and plenty of player moves do go through the wall with no bounce anyways. And you're trying to equivocate 'repositioning' with 'running into a narrow tunnel where an enemy can't fit so I can cheese him with arrows'. Not even remotely the same thing. If I were making the game maybe I'd just have the serpent man stick his dick down the tunnel and rape you to death for being such a little bitch. If you can't figure out how to fight him on open ground then just go back and fight the zombies with broken swords, it's clearly all you can handle.

This 'broken mechanic' is in basically every game of this type ever. It would be incredibly retarded if you could just walk around a corner and force the enemies to just stand there and get beaten to death because they don't have a unique animation for every possible bit of terrain that might get in their way. It's obviously the intended design, just like having invincibility frames on a dodge roll. You didn't seem to mind when the axes clipped through your fucking skull without doing any damage even though enemies can't dodge roll?

Mystary!

Arcane
I might've seen it differently had I experienced the glitch, but I didnt, I fought them head on and thought they were some of the more interesting mooks simply because they kicked ass.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I care very much about how other people play their game in singleplayer

Sure, I would find it boring too to kite around enemies all the the time. But who are you to say how it is supposed to be done 'correct'? And that also doesnt change the fact that the player and enemies dont play by the same rules.

Please provide examples how the player can attack enemies through walls :)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Because clearly these are the same games and every critique against god emperor Myazaki must be punished to death :lol:

Malpercio

Arcane
Archdragoon Peak is so werdly designed. The first boss is a gimmick boss, then you get teleported in an area with a second bonfire that has a shortcut next to it... that brings you right next to the first bonfire. Literally wat.

sullynathan

Arcane
getting some weird issues with this game. I connect my PS3 controller and the controls work fine but the camera is permanently stuck over my characters head except if I lock on to an enemy. This doesn't happen if I use mouse and keyboard though. Good news is that I finally found settings to make the game run at 30 fps.

78CF6DC91F8F4A941631248062067485DAB7FB93

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I don't care if they have a reason, they're an enemy you can't attack until you wait around for them to float into range for half an hour. Fucking horseshit. These chain guys never caused me any problems because I didn't run around like a retard trying to force them into attacking through walls. There are like 2 in the whole area, and they're both in large open rooms. You want a 3D game with flawless collision detection? Make one then, it's fucking nigh impossible.

You're just fucking butthurt because you thought you were some sort of fucking genius for trying to hide behind a wall and the enemy's weapon clipped through, forcing you to actually fight it. What a horror, having to actually fight enemies instead of abusing their AI to make them helpless. I guess the programmers should have just cut out all of Lothric Castle so they could spend time making destructible terrain so these guys simply tear the walls down like the giants they are, rendering the level impossible to finish. Because MUH REALISMS!

Now you're really starting to look like a retarded fanboy. Well, if you had to wait for half an hour for a ghost in New Londo to float into range, then you probably really are retarded. That aside, chain guy is broken, admitting it doesn't make the game bad. Pretty much every Souls game has bullshit much worse than chain guy in it. It's not a big deal at all, no reason to get so butthurt about it.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
So if he's 'broken', what would you do to 'fix' him? Have him stand there like a retard the second you're behind a knee high wall? Turn the whole area into a flat featureless plain?

So fucking stupid. Lightning spears and Great Lightning spear are nerfed to fucking 0 and sunlight spear takes one half of your fp at 30 attunement. Literally fucking faith up in the ass.

And the playerbase is so fucking bad. Never failed one coop summon, when I was underleveled and summoned people for dancer they kept dying early on. Had to summon 6-7 times until competent people showed up. Dumbass invaders that get baited into melee lightning spears, shieldbabies cowering everywhere, dark sword is the weapon almost 50% of the people use- what a bunch of iredeemable subhumanity. Even the introduction of FP is decline and further hinders the already nerfed-to-shit casters.

Why the fuck did they nerf lightning spears anyway? Easy as fuck to dodge in pvp and you have to be extremely dumb or laggy to get baited into a melee one. Fucking Fromniggers.

Only way to have fun in this game after the first playthrough is to PVP behind pontiff with two-handers.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So fucking stupid. Lightning spears and Great Lightning spear are nerfed to fucking 0 and sunlight spear takes one half of your fp at 30 attunement. Literally fucking faith up in the ass.

And the playerbase is so fucking bad. Never failed one coop summon, when I was underleveled and summoned people for dancer they kept dying early on. Had to summon 6-7 times until competent people showed up. Dumbass invaders that get baited into melee lightning spears, shieldbabies cowering everywhere, dark sword is the weapon almost 50% of the people use- what a bunch of iredeemable subhumanity. Even the introduction of FP is decline and further hinders the already nerfed-to-shit casters.

Why the fuck did they nerf lightning spears anyway? Easy as fuck to dodge in pvp and you have to be extremely dumb or laggy to get baited into a melee one. Fucking Fromniggers.

Only way to have fun in this game after the first playthrough is to PVP behind pontiff with two-handers.
Disappointing to see. Was considering going Herald on my first playthrough because some of the Dark Miracles looked interesting but I'll probably just go basic quality build.

sullynathan

Arcane
I beat Iundex on my first try and only received two hits. Its a decent starting boss, far better than the likes of asylum or taurus demon. I'm getting a lot of fucking technical issues that is pissing me off. The framerate is inconsistent as hell after the tutorial area. This katana wielding hollow has killed me twice and I don't know what the fuck he is doing. I also notice that every attack from every enemy makes your character flinch, it isn't like DS2 in which damn near every attack stunned you but it is almost as annoying.

Has anyone gotten this game to work with a PS3 controller?
So far I would say that the game isn't too challenging given that I just played a fuck ton of DS1 & 2 in the past 3 months.

The UI is really good this time though. The new firelink shrine is ok, I'm not sure how the how fast travel will pan out because it seems like going to lothric will require fast travel first.

Last edited:

Disappointing to see. Was considering going Herald on my first playthrough because some of the Dark Miracles looked interesting but I'll probably just go basic quality build.

You need 60 faith for spells. The scaling seems to increase by shitloads from levels 40 to 60. So start as another class and setup then respec to faith when you have the required soul levels to make it viable.

Guys, i tried playing DS 3 and my gfx dies. :(
I guess its time to cchange my 4 year old rig...

But before I invest in my pc for probably just this game (cause the next game I am interestd in Stranger of Sword City will run fine on my current config) I would like a meta analysis fo DS3.

How similar/dissimilar si it to Demons Souls/Dark Souls/DS2?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Solo-ed Champion Gundyr. No shield, no parry, just rolling. Finally. 10 tries !?

I realized two things (1) katana is slow compared to a straight sword and (2) I'm greedy as fuck (I lost several times because for some reason I stop thinking when I see that he has 1 cm of health left).

In the end, I still think this boss is bullshit. The main reason is that you have to fight him in a certain way (either fast weapon or parry). Now, I like a challenge but in this fight is more like you have to follow him in a dance. You miss a step and you are dead.

Some people probably see greatness in his design but I don't. I think they went overboard with his infinite stamina - on phase two he is so relentless that is borderline retarded. It feels like you are fighting a robot. I don't know.

In the end, I think I prefer more standard bosses like: Old Demon King or the Dragonslayer Armor.

sullynathan

Arcane
can't say that I like this decision of having no poise, this katana wielding faggot stunned me with every hit. It's almost like the game is railroading me into playing a character that rolls a lot with how little stamina is consumed when you roll. Hopefully the rumors of poise being glitched is true and they will patch it.

what are the thresholds for all the rolls?

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
can't say that I like this decision of having no poise, this katana wielding faggot stunned me with every hit. It's almost like the game is railroading me into playing a character that rolls a lot with how little stamina is consumed when you roll. Hopefully the rumors of poise being glitched is true and they will patch it.

what are the thresholds for all the rolls?

equip load <30% all iframes
equip load <70% normal roll
equip load <100% !?
fat roll is the last one

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom