Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
So I've been using Wolnir's Holy Sword and I don't understand why its considered trash. It appears to deal some decent damage, isn't too heavy and has a decent moveset.
Its also really long, I was surprised by its reach.

Faith builds are fun so far. I'm running a sort of quality faith build in NG+++ and I like the free Sacred Oath buff the Sunlight straightsword gives that persists even if you swap weapons.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Gaming videos where some dudebro is playing a game and making unfunny meme commentary and/or screaming are shit videos.

RPGs without a dragon shout are shit.

let me guess.. a moron from eastern europistan who thinks he's a master troll or something?

Skyrim is one of the greatest JRPGs of our time and I challenge you to give me at least one good reason why Dark Souls is a better game than Skyrim!

praetor

Arcane
Gaming videos where some dudebro is playing a game and making unfunny meme commentary and/or screaming are shit videos.

RPGs without a dragon shout are shit.

let me guess.. a moron from eastern europistan who thinks he's a master troll or something?

Skyrim is one of the greatest JRPGs of our time and I challenge you to give me at least one good reason why Dark Souls is a better game than Skyrim!

but.. that's the thing, dude. you think you're some kind of great troll or something, but you're so obvious you're just stupid and annoying, like a mosquito. you're like those "penis enlargement" and "nigerian prince" spams, i.e. not fooling anyone with an iq greater than room temperature (in °C of course)

Silverfish

Arbiter
For what it's worth, I actually thought

Skyrim is one of the greatest JRPGs of our time

was pretty funny.

On topic though, I just picked up the Fire Fades edition after having not played the vanilla version for a couple of years. Is there any gear I should be keeping an eye out for in the dlc's, or is the new stuff underwhelming like in DS1's dlc?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
On topic though, I just picked up the Fire Fades edition after having not played the vanilla version for a couple of years. Is there any gear I should be keeping an eye out for in the dlc's, or is the new stuff underwhelming like in DS1's dlc?
Ashes of Ariandel and The Ringed City have some very cool weapons:
- Splitleaf Greatsword, Harald Curved Greatsword, Crucifix of the Mad King and Ledo's Great Hammer are amazing;
- all the "Ringed Knight" weapons are cool and usable (Ringed Knight Straight Sword, Ringed Knight Spear and Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords);
- Crow Quills, Valor Heart, Onyx Blade and the Frayed Blade offer unique abilities and gameplay possibilities;
- Friede's Great Scythe and the Aquamarine Dagger are incredibly cool looking, albeit a bit underwhelming.

Also, the available "casting" tools should be better than those in the base game, if you care about that.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
but.. that's the thing, dude. you think you're some kind of great troll or something, but you're so obvious you're just stupid and annoying, like a mosquito. you're like those "penis enlargement" and "nigerian prince" spams, i.e. not fooling anyone with an iq greater than room temperature (in °C of course)

I am not a troll. Skyrim really is a better game. You can even pause the game, go into your inventory and then heal yourself to 100%, without being killed while doing it.

Skyrim also has better graphics. The Dark Souls games just has two colours, black and grey. Skyrim has green in it!

Skyrim also allows you to install mods that make you immortal. In Dark Souls all you do is die repeatedly because enemies have hundreds, if not thousands of health, and in Skyrim I can one shot everything.

You also understand that TES is the better series otherwise you would have put forward arguments as opposed to ad hominems.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So, time for me to play this game. Haha boomer go swing swing

Was gonna start with deprived but i saw as usual that it's horrible for min/max and since i assume the PvP community of this game is the most active (this time i'm going to try to get into it, even though i suck against players) i oped to go knight but i ditched my armor and shield and kept only the sword, since starting out with nothing is honestly the only attractive part of the deprived. Crystal Lizard was harder than the tutorial boss, took me a couple of doing before i memorized its moveset but then it was easy. Rolling for the win.

I'm going to make a quality build this time around, fuck spells sick of that shit.

BTW, not that it matters since you gonna wear armor for the whole game, but is there a reason why From can't create decent looking faces for your characters? All the presets are worse than anything in Oblivion for fuck's sake. Also too many animu hairstyles. Fucking Nippons manlets don't they know whyto people play this game too?

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
So, time for me to play this game. Haha boomer go swing swing

Was gonna start with deprived but i saw as usual that it's horrible for min/max and since i assume the PvP community of this game is the most active (this time i'm going to try to get into it, even though i suck against players) i oped to go knight but i ditched my armor and shield and kept only the sword, since starting out with nothing is honestly the only attractive part of the deprived. Crystal Lizard was harder than the tutorial boss, took me a couple of doing before i memorized its moveset but then it was easy. Rolling for the win.

I'm going to make a quality build this time around, fuck spells sick of that shit.

BTW, not that it matters since you gonna wear armor for the whole game, but is there a reason why From can't create decent looking faces for your characters? All the presets are worse than anything in Oblivion for fuck's sake. Also too many animu hairstyles. Fucking Nippons manlets don't they know whyto people play this game too?

I'll just say that strange things happen in the Church of Yorshka after the sunset which only red fantoms can see

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Dropping my gear at the beginning is kinda of knewl i wish i had done that in the previous games instead of agonizing over using the deprived or not. I get the benefits without having to deal with my autism and OCD when i find out i'm 4 levels ahead of another class i could have chosen instead.

BTW what's with that deprived samurai dude on top of the stairs he is kicking my ass. Shiiiiet.

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, he's a newbie killer. You might want to come back when you have a weapon that can stunlock, like Ultra Greatsword, Axe, Hammer, 2h halberd or 2h Greatsword.
Swords and curved swords are ok at it, and spears seem to have the worst stagger.

Alternatively, you could just push the git off the cliff.

Deprived was my first class, as I wanted to try a luck build. I then discovered that luck builds are garbage early game that rely on hollow and bleed gimmicks, and one will have a hard time of it. Its better in NG+ as you actually have some levels and weapons to work with.

I'm in NG++ now running something of a 25 strength / 25 dex / 45 faith build, just so I could use most weapons and miracles.
Its alright. Most high level miracles seem kind of crap though for what you need to use them.
I discovered yesterday that the Astora Greatsword has a S scaling in lightning and blessed infusions, so I've been trying out a lightning version and its pretty great. Its as fun as using a Dragonslayer Greataxe, except its much lighter and the stats aren't as demanding. Apparently it also has S scaling in sharp, but I have 45 faith and I'm going to use it.

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Dropping my gear at the beginning is kinda of knewl i wish i had done that in the previous games instead of agonizing over using the deprived or not. I get the benefits without having to deal with my autism and OCD when i find out i'm 4 levels ahead of another class i could have chosen instead.

BTW what's with that deprived samurai dude on top of the stairs he is kicking my ass. Shiiiiet.

Yeah, he is tough, but I somehow killed him on 3rd try in my first playthrough, just rolling around a lot.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Yeah, he is tough, but I somehow killed him on 3rd try in my first playthrough, just rolling around a lot.

Yeah i tried that but i then rolled off the cliff lul.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Killed the Dancer at level 35 with Claymore. Rolled the rest of the game. Now bored, what do?

I went from Dancer -> DLC 1 -> DLC 2 -> Main game.

Maybe a Faith build?

What is the difference between Faith and Sorceries? Faith seems to have a lot of different utility spells. Sorceries seem to be direct attacks.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Killed the faggot. God bless the long sword and that trusting attack.

But now the guy that gave me the :negative: gesture is gone. What did i do?

[EDIT] Nevermind, found him, was in the midst of grave stones for some reason, waiting for feed me another pointless line of dialogue.

BTW, what the shit the torch is unlimited in this game? From, watcha doing?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom