Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
You mean Hawkwood? He moves around, iirc. Sometimes he's outside of the shrine. Try killing a couple of bosses and check back.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Killed the Dancer at level 35 with Claymore. Rolled the rest of the game. Now bored, what do?

I went from Dancer -> DLC 1 -> DLC 2 -> Main game.

Maybe a Faith build?

What is the difference between Faith and Sorceries? Faith seems to have a lot of different utility spells. Sorceries seem to be direct attacks.

Faith is mostly heals and buffs, but do have some offensive miracles that deal primarily lightning damage and sometimes dark.
Sorceries are mostly offensive spells, but do have some useful buffs. Mostly deals magic (no surprise) and sometimes dark.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ayy the deprived dude dropped a katana but i'm currently sporting a full chain mail set with East-West shield and long sword. Fashion soul off the charts fuck katanas.

v1rus

Arcane
Thinking of finally giving it a try.

Which build would be most fun? I usually go Sorcerer/fighter hybrid route (I <3 moonlight greatsword). Is sorcery op? up? Should i go pyro fighter hybrid?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I have a feeling the answer is the same for the other DS games.

PvE? Who gives a fuck do whatever if your build is shit just git gud.

PvP? Go look at build videos.

v1rus

Arcane
PvE exclusively.

It aint about getting good, its about the opposite - lots of people tell me I havent experienced Dark Souls 1 properly because sorcery was a tad OP. :(

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Holy barrel roll souls wtf is this. WAY too much shit to brake laying around, and of course being the autist i am i'm constantly rolling around even in areas i already cleared.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Holy barrel roll souls wtf is this. WAY too much shit to brake laying around, and of course being the autist i am i'm constantly rolling around even in areas i already cleared.

There's definitely more space to roll than in DS1 when you fought the boss AND two dogs in tiny courtyard

hqdefault.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW is this like DS2 where summoning NPCs have their story lines? I'm at the first boss, and i see i can summon the naked samurai dude. But i want to do the bosses myself am i going to miss anything like i did in DS2 by avoiding all the summoning NPCs? Should i try the boss and then alt+f4 when i see i got him and then do it again with summons?

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
BTW is this like DS2 where summoning NPCs have their story lines? I'm at the first boss, and i see i can summon the naked samurai dude. But i want to do the bosses myself am i going to miss anything like i did in DS2 by avoiding all the summoning NPCs? Should i try the boss and then alt+f4 when i see i got him and then do it again with summons?

No, you can absolutely summon no one (and I would actually recommend it to experience the bosses properly). No quests will be skipped or whatever iirc.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Although it isn't necessary to summon NPCs to your assistance in boss fights, two of the NPCs do require you to use their summon sign in order to assist them (once for Anri, twice for Sirrus) and continue their storylines, and another NPC (Siegward) at the culmination of his storyline will show up to assist you in a boss fight without being summoned.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
There's only a single bossfight in the entire game where you have to accept the help of an NPC to progress (and finish) his quest line, but you don't have to summon him (he will just fight with you if you completed his quest, and there's nothing you can do about that).

For certain NPCs, you have to "get summoned" into their world in order to progress their quests (to do that, you have to find their summoning sign and interact with it).

If you don't want to miss stuff, you should also try to explore new areas while embered, otherwise you won't face npc invaders.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Just saw sun bros at the first boss, but i thought you couldn't join the covenant until afterwards. Does it mean you can drop your yellow sign on bosses you have already cleared?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yep. You can leave a white soapstone sign near a boss door, and people can summon you to help them kill the boss.
If you are trying to get Great Lightning Spear I'd advise summoning sun bros whenever you can. If you kill the boss with him you get a medallion. You need 30 medallions to get the miracle.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, getting some weird bugs in this game that i never got in the other two.

Sometimes, when i focus on an enemy, the scree becomes filled with icons, including weird shit in Japanese writing. I have to get out of the game to fix it.

Then, i got summoned as a sun bro for the tree boss guy, but i couldn't enter the fog. I had to stand there outside while the dude killed the boss, and when he did i got the ember, souls and medal like normal. Like, what the shit.

BTW, level design is definitely new. Instead of various distinct areas, everything is this huge, gigantic place. I'm not going to say i don't like it yet, it's certainly different though. Also, i can see why people say this game is a bit too monochromatic. It's this metallic tint over everything, the first two games were more cartoony but also more varied.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Ok, getting some weird bugs in this game that i never got in the other two.

Sometimes, when i focus on an enemy, the scree becomes filled with icons, including weird shit in Japanese writing. I have to get out of the game to fix it.

Then, i got summoned as a sun bro for the tree boss guy, but i couldn't enter the fog. I had to stand there outside while the dude killed the boss, and when he did i got the ember, souls and medal like normal. Like, what the shit.

BTW, level design is definitely new. Instead of various distinct areas, everything is this huge, gigantic place. I'm not going to say i don't like it yet, it's certainly different though. Also, i can see why people say this game is a bit too monochromatic. It's this metallic tint over everything, the first two games were more cartoony but also more varied.

Never got any of these bugs, can't advise on this. Shit happens.

Level design is really different from DS1, more "user-friendly" and all, still, there are some gems. My favourite location (for team game or PVP) is The Great Archives. Ringed City from DLC is also very distinctive.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
First one is new, haven't encountered that bug.
The second one is pretty common. Apparently its a connection / latency issue.

Fun (and not so fun) variation of this is when your colleague (summoned phantom/host/invaved red plahtom) is having a bad connection, his animation looks like a doll on rails. And you can't really control the damage in this case.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom