Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Grimlorn

Arcane
Yhorm now just takes 2% HP damage when hit by the Storm King WA.
What? How are you suppose to kill him then? Hit him 50 times with the weapon art?

Perkel

Arcane
What? How are you suppose to kill him then? Hit him 50 times with the weapon art?

People spend years complaining Yhorm is shitty boss because of weapon, they fix it and now we get people complaining they can't kill him with that weapon easily.

I never used that weapon to kill Yhorm in any of my playtroughts. It is not great boss battle though, too simple compared to rest.

Grimlorn

Arcane

People spend years complaining Yhorm is shitty boss because of weapon, they fix it and now we get people complaining they can't kill him with that weapon easily.

I never used that weapon to kill Yhorm in any of my playtroughts. It is not great boss battle though, too simple compared to rest.
Well I'm guessing since this is some sort of mod they've introduced better ways to deal damage so I was curious. I wasn't complaining either. I can't recall how much damage you did in the base game but it would have taken forever to kill him with a long sword IIRC.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So apparently the early game WAS tuned for the new OP starting classes, so going with some of the vanilla ones means a bad day for you.

Luckily I found the Balder Sword by the changeling on the High Wall and its strong attack destroys everything. Going with my most favourite build in Souls games - DEX/FTH.

Still not found any miracles tho (in the Settlement rn) so no idea how powerful magic is in Cinders. Other than that the mod is fantastic. It can't change the mediocre levels but the new item and mob placement is a lot of fun. It's a great fresh DS3 experience so far. Loving it.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Hi the ashen ones,

I can't fing Eygon's sign of summon in the room with the pillars just before the Crystal Sage fight.

Irina is free and resting in the Firelink Shrine, didn't buy anything from her, talked to Eygon after freeing her in the Undead Settlement and he left somewhere, so the sign should appear, I believe. Is it a bug or I did forget something?

pictured: no this shiny thing

Upd: OK I'm stupid you need to eat Ember to see the sign
:stupid:

Prizyiv_v_Lesu_mucheniy1.jpg

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Hi the ashen ones,

I can't fing Eygon's sign of summon in the room with the pillars just before the Crystal Sage fight.

Irina is free and resting in the Firelink Shrine, didn't buy anything from her, talked to Eygon after freeing her in the Undead Settlement and he left somewhere, so the sign should appear, I believe. Is it a bug or I did forget something?

haha, its been a long road since this stupid post

ScrawnyPossibleKingfisher-size_restricted.gif

birb

Novice
Hi the ashen ones,

haha, its been a long road since this stupid post

ScrawnyPossibleKingfisher-size_restricted.gif

aw now youre making me wanna play ringed city again

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
So I playing DS3 again, trying to get those damned rings, and I'm rediscovering how annoying PVP is.
It feels like everyone deals more damage than me when I deal nothing, and they can just dodge through everything when I always get caught out.
Also, the gank squads in Farron Swamp or whatever is really annoying when you want sword grass. It seems that From didn't learn that no one liked farming for the Cat covenant in Dark Souls 1 because of the fucking gank squads.

What exactly am I doing wrong? Do you need a really specific build to the point that only a few weapons, stats and armor sets are worth it or something?

Also, poise in Dark Souls 3 is useless, holy shit. I don't care that it works when you use weapon arts or gives hyperarmor or some shit, getting stun locked by some fucking jobber with a knife is bullshit.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I rarely get invaded, its just that getting swordgrass and palet ongues is an absolute chore because for whatever reason From decided to give them something like a 0.5% drop rate. Even with 385 item discovery farming them is a bitch.
They clearly want you to get them through invasions, but I don't understand how to PVP because everyone seems to kill me in like 4 attacks whereas I deal next to nothing.

Kitchen Utensil

If you've ever farmed something in an mmo, getting the covenant items in DS3 is a breeze. One, maybe two evenings (for all of them, all covenants).

Kitchen Utensil

Well, it's fucking boring of course, and it takes a while, but really, compared to a serious grind in an MMO, it's nothing. I's been a year or so for me though, so I don't even remember what exactly it was I had to kill. There were Ghrus and Silver Knights iirc, anything else? Darkwraiths?

Last edited by a moderator:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I rarely get invaded, its just that getting swordgrass and palet ongues is an absolute chore because for whatever reason From decided to give them something like a 0.5% drop rate. Even with 385 item discovery farming them is a bitch.
They clearly want you to get them through invasions, but I don't understand how to PVP because everyone seems to kill me in like 4 attacks whereas I deal next to nothing.

git gud

make a low level pvp build. level up vig until soft cap 27. then level up STR or DEX until 30. use a weapon with good scaling. use the best armor you can find under 70% equip load. use firebombs to finish enemies.

if you have balls you go kill champion gundyr and you get the best ring

if you go above level 70 then you can think about quality builds

Kitchen Utensil

Yeah, Dark Wraiths give tongues, ghrus give grass, and Silver Knights give dregs or whatever Faithful wants.

Well, yeah. It's easily doable farming those offline, that's what I did since I find Souls' PVP retarded. It's bad, but I remember it being not as bad as I had originally thought (or I would've given up, my grinding days are over).

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
So I playing DS3 again, trying to get those damned rings, and I'm rediscovering how annoying PVP is.
(...) It seems that From didn't learn that no one liked farming for the Cat covenant in Dark Souls 1 because of the fucking gank squads.
I agree w.r.t. DS3 -- I could never figure out how poise and the mystical 'hyperarmour' actually worked there and the PvP was infuriating. But I don't understand why you'd want to 'farm' for the Cat covenant in DS1 -- you just need 3 kills to reach the only sensible goal (i.e. the Ring of Fog). What am I missing?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
(...) It seems that From didn't learn that no one liked farming for the Cat covenant in Dark Souls 1 because of the fucking gank squads.
I agree w.r.t. DS3 -- I could never figure out how poise and the mystical 'hyperarmour' actually worked there and the PvP was infuriating. But I don't understand why you'd want to 'farm' for the Cat covenant in DS1 -- you just need 3 kills to reach the only sensible goal (i.e. the Ring of Fog). What am I missing?

Yeah, you just need 3 kills, but if you started playing DS1 in 2016 or so like I did getting those 3 kills is a pain due to the small player base and everyone forming gank squads.
Compared to later covenants though it is a lot easier.

Anyway, solo'd Champion Gundyr on NG+
I liked the "first phase" it had a nice rhythm to it, but when he goes red eyed it becomes a little bullshit due to the constant attack spam and little to no telegraphed attacks. Like that fucking elbow charge that happens in a blink of an eye and can apparently hit you from any distance.
Having a Greatshield helps a lot.

Is heavy armor + shield with no rolling even possible in Dark Souls 3? It feels like you need to roll to survive a lot of encounters.

Last edited:

Bendu

Augur
What exactly am I doing wrong? Do you need a really specific build to the point that only a few weapons, stats and armor sets are worth it or something?

I recently replayed Dark Souls 3 too and I could max out all covenants without farming. My best recommendation is that you should keep your level and upgrade always in mind and be patient as an invader. For Watchdogs I wouldn't recommend to go beyond level 25 and a +2 weapon, for Aldrich level 60 and +6 weapon. Do the Blue Sentinels/Blades of the Darkmoon between those levels. Spears of the Church at least level 85 and +10 weapon. For Rosaria and Mound-Maker I prefered to invade in the Crucifixion Woods, Irithyll and the Ringed City. Crucifixion Woods and Irithyll because of the Watchdogs and Aldrich players you can team up and Ringed City beauce of the high level enemies. You still will meet gank squads and meta players, but should also have a lot of normal and fair fights.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom