Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Regardless of the gameplay, these japs are on another technical level entirely. Nothing else in the industry even comes close.

Yoji Shinkawa is a fucking boss.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
playing this on GP. I'm constantly aware of the fact that the much of the gameplay is tiresome and boring, but I am continually pushed forward by the promise of the world and story. KOJIIIIIIIIIIIIMA

I like the amount of verbs the game gives you to traverse the world (rope, anchor, the little follower crates, the armaments) but I've seldom felt motivated to do anything beyond the "main" quests.

In Ch4 now
Side quests suck mainly anyway.

Venser

Erudite
Elle Fanning confirmed for the next game...whatever it's gonna be.

A lot of people speculating she might be a main character in Death Stranding 2- grown up Louise.

teaser_paxaus_1.png

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
https://youtu.be/cDndIw5-r0k

Ryan Karazija (1982 - 2022)

Ryan Karazija, front man and driving force behind Low Roar, has died at age 40. His beautiful music and lyrics, sung in his haunting voice have touched the lives of so many people all over the world, and will continue to do so. He was a kind and beautiful soul and our worlds are shattered by the loss of him. May we honour his memory through his art and hold him forever in his songs. The sixth Low Roar record was already underway and will be completed and released when it is ready. Please respect his family’s privacy at this incredibly difficult time.

"Sometimes you feel like this is never ending, but we all fade away…”

ADL

Prophet
Damn that sucks. Saw them live back in 2017 and they were great performers. I'd imagine Low Roar is over now but hopefully this spawns some sort of Joy Division/New Order situation where they continue in another form.

ADL

Prophet
Elle Fanning is the best Fanning.

Seems anyone who worked with Refn is fair game. Ryan 'literally me' Gosling when?

Viata

Arcane
It's weird that it's been 7 years and only one game. I know that making triple A movies with gameplay takes a long time to make, but it's weird when I still remember devs releasing many games per year.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Been playing this game for the past few days. Very weird game to say the least. Cut scenes are very cinematic but cringe at times.

The production values are through the roof.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
This game is going to be a massive flop. The original was already divisive, a niche title with AAA production values that sold because people were expectant of what he could do.

Also lol when I think he complained all the time about being forced to make sequels by Konami, yet with creative freedom all he does is a sequel no one ever asked for.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom