Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 8: Lizzurd vs Grimwulf. HOW QUICKLY THE TIDE TURNS

Should Lizzurd and Grimwulf control Pretender nations, with Pretenders bearing their own names?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Ok, finished this map. Will update OP with links in a bit.

Link to full map (.tga image file + custom script - download this if you don't have Grigionia): https://d.maxfile.ro/cddwpskhix.rar
Link to script-only (.map file - download this if you have Grigionia map installed already): https://d.maxfile.ro/uajwdhsrfb.rar

Simply download the proper .rar archive and extract it in maps folder. The map will appear in your list as "Grigionia Decline 8 Edition"

Features:
  • Custom Starts for our nations as we decided earlier;
  • Custom Throne placement for 8 Thrones as we discussed;
  • Custom names for all provinces, because I can;
  • No changes whatsoever of terrain types or magic site provinces - I left it all vanilla. We play the map as it was designed by original author, even if it's not perfectly symmetric in a few places.
Now, here comes the problem. There is no way to script custom throne level. I thought they implemented it in 4.14 or 4.17, but apparently I was wrong - the only new scripts I found are for custom events and some modding.

Lizzurd, let's decide what to do with the middle volcano then. When I suggested the placements of 4th starting points (provinces 28 and 100; Bandar Log and Shinuyama), I was suggesting it with consideration of strong PD of middle volcano province (62). In other words, I was counting on lvl3 Throne spamming there. If we'll have lvl1 Throne, this pbem might develop in a very retarded way (even more so than it already is). Here is my suggestions:

1. We throw away all lvl1 Thrones. Don't want to do it, though.
2. I set up custom defenders for this province. It means that even if this province has lvl1 Throne spammed, it will still be heavily protected. We can discuss the exact type and quantity of units by email. I'm gud with anything that's impossible to kill during first year and very hard to do so during second year. Basically, any lvl3 Throne defence. It's easy to script, will take me half an hour tops.

If you have another solution - speak it up, I'm all ears.

Since there is no way of doing otherwise, we leave Throne distribution to random. It's unlikely, but possible that both lvl3 Thrones will spam in native turf a team. If they do, the other team won't be able to win without conquering these deep-placed provinces (10, 21, 110, 120). Once again, we have two options:

1. Leave it for random and hope for the best;
2. Change victory conditions (10 victory points to win instead of 12 that we currently have). That way it will be possible to win without claiming any of lvl3 Thrones.

I'm fine with both options - take your pick.

Finally, feel free to rename any provinces to the north of central volcano (62). Just don't rename those to the south - my team has IT'S OWN ATMOSPHERE there. In case you want to rename yours, I ask you politely to do it in a specific way:

1. Open .map file.
2. See that #specstart column in the end? Cut-and-paste it in a separate file.
3. Save .map file.
4. Open map editor and make your renamings.
5. Save changes.
6. Open map. file.
7. Copy the #specstart column back.

Why do you need to do those weird cuts and pastes? Because when the map editor saves changes (be it renaming or other shit), it replaces the scripts however the fuck he wants. Those #specstarts will be scattered across the lines, and it will be hard and inconvinient to find them later with ctr+F. Just leave the script the way it is now, so that we or other players can quickly replace our nations with other nations and play other pbems with these settings.

Have some manners.

That's it. Check the script carefully now, so you won't complain later.

Last edited:

Lizzurd

Cipher
Custom names for all provinces, because I can;
Autism is strong in this one.

I checked this map, its all connections and provinces. I approve it.

seal_of_approval_by_magnaen-d5oa99s.jpg

Andnjord

Arcane
:excellent:
How the hell did I miss this? :lol: Make sure you keep the peanut gallery updated when this clusterfuck starts.

Caelum should name his Disciple Amrav. Surely bossing around his once greater enemy should exorcise Grimwulf's fear of him.

Rooting for Grimwulf because he's been such a bro in the Small Disciple Game.

Got bored and left

I approve of this thread! And I root for ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION, the most pyrrhic of victories for one of the sides. Have fun fucking the world up, bros.

Got bored and left

- РАМОНА - ДИВАННЫЙ КУКАРЕТИК

I have no idea what it means but I'm sure Grimwulf would never troll in foreign languages.

I have cosulted Google Translator the world's foremost Russpeak translator, and the results are as follows: "RAMONA - sofas KUKARETIK"

Goddamn Russians.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
To solve the middle volcano issue, Lizzurd and I decided to slightly change Throne setup. Instead of 2-4-2, we'll have 8 Thrones of level 2. The same 12/16 points required to win.

I'll host the game tomorrow. Grease your tail, Lizzurd. Grease it good.

Jester

Arbiter
God dmn it just find out about this. Always late to the party.
Oh well will go over thread tomorrow.

Edit. Screw sleeping this thread is awesome.

Last edited:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
God dmn it just find out about this. Always late to the party.
Oh well will go over thread tomorrow.

Edit. Screw sleeping this thread is awesome.

Want to sub in for raw in disciple game? Its early so he probably didnt fuck it up yet and its after expansion so the boring part is over. MA Ctis.

Jester

Arbiter
Want to sub in for raw in disciple game? Its early so he probably didnt fuck it up yet and its after expansion so the boring part is over. MA Ctis.
I am unfortunetelly to noob for this, so i would fuck it up instead and don't have actual game copy.

Waterpls

Literate
Grimwulf why do you wish to humiliate and exterminate only known Ukrainian in this forums? The Crimea is not enough?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom