Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demon's Souls Remake

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm actually preferring Cinematic Mode by a lot. Just took some time to get used to the 30 fps, but it's very stable.
The ps5 cannot output a solid 60fps? There's a completely unexpected turn of events.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Nope, invisible shield is a dealbreaker. Restarted with an assassin.

I'm having trouble connecting to the Demon's SOuls PC servers. Haven't I done everything I was supposed to?

Settings > Network

Network status: connected

DNS 8.8.8.8

IP/Hosts switches: ds-eu-c.scej-online.jp=206.189.232.242&&ds-eu-g.scej-online.jp=206.189.232.242&&c.demons-souls.com=206.189.232.242&&g.demons-souls.com=206.189.232.242&&cmnap.scej-online.jp=206.189.232.242&&demons-souls.scej-online.jp=206.189.232.242

PSN Status: RPCN

I've already created my username and put in the emailed token in RPCN Configuration.

RPCS3 0.0.13, the latest one.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
2so41uvfd9z51.jpg

Vyadhis

Learned

I'm having trouble connecting to the Demon's SOuls PC servers. Haven't I done everything I was supposed to?

Settings > Network

DNS 8.8.8.8

IP/Hosts switches: ds-eu-c.scej-online.jp=206.189.232.242&&ds-eu-g.scej-online.jp=206.189.232.242&&c.demons-souls.com=206.189.232.242&&g.demons-souls.com=206.189.232.242&&cmnap.scej-online.jp=206.189.232.242&&demons-souls.scej-online.jp=206.189.232.242

I've already created my username and put in the emailed token in RPCN Configuration.

I could be wrong but I think Demons Souls uses a specific version of rpcs3, I always get notifications to update on mine. Have you tried asking for help on the discord, it can be pretty helpful.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Cannot wait to create a detailed character with the amazing editor, just to raid Latria 3-1 and put on the Fluted set!
The fluted set sucks. Too heavy. Means you can pick up less loot. Plated is much better. Quieter too. And better looking, in my opinion.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Settings > Network

DNS 8.8.8.8

Go into Demon's Souls settings and set stuff there too in the Online tab or something like that.

Ezekiel

Arcane

Settings > Network

DNS 8.8.8.8

Go into Demon's Souls settings and set stuff there too in the Online tab or something like that.
I'm in. Thanks.

DemonKing

Arcane
Beat the Phalanx on my first try and then spent ages trying to find my way around the Nexus so I could finally level up.

Loving this so far - just came to the Dragon bridge and that vista is insane.

Smocaine

Novice
as the turbo autist that's been keeping this thing updated, here's the latest version of this trainwreck:

17LR4Id.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Vyadhis

Learned
as the turbo autist that's been keeping this thing updated, here's the latest version of this trainwreck:

17LR4Id.jpeg
It amazes me how people defend this shit. I've said it before but I think graphically the game looks amazing and I would probably play it rn if a PS5 fell into my lap but all these artistic changes are so unnecessary. Why the fuck do all the zombified looking dudes have to be humans now? Are emaciated people offensive? Old King Allant looks like what he is: a demon molded into the shape of a man. New one just looks so stupid. Also I think the reason they changed Yuria's outfit was because it was heavily implied in the original that she was raped, I don't remember where exactly I saw it but yeah..we can't have any subtle hints to "icky" things as the journos would call it. Can't you find her gearset really early and something in the description references this? Or am I thinking of something else.

Of course the kind of people who never played Demons Souls or don't give a fuck about lore or subtlety think the remake is awesome. These are the same kind of people who thought the Silent Hill trilogy was boring and preferred the american movies. For some reason I always end up back at Silent Hill when I think of Demons Souls. I don't know why.

Hassar

Scholar

17LR4Id.jpeg
It amazes me how people defend this shit. I've said it before but I think graphically the game looks amazing and I would probably play it rn if a PS5 fell into my lap but all these artistic changes are so unnecessary. Why the fuck do all the zombified looking dudes have to be humans now? Are emaciated people offensive? Old King Allant looks like what he is: a demon molded into the shape of a man. New one just looks so stupid. Also I think the reason they changed Yuria's outfit was because it was heavily implied in the original that she was raped, I don't remember where exactly I saw it but yeah..we can't have any subtle hints to "icky" things as the journos would call it. Can't you find her gearset really early and something in the description references this? Or am I thinking of something else.

Of course the kind of people who never played Demons Souls or don't give a fuck about lore or subtlety think the remake is awesome. These are the same kind of people who thought the Silent Hill trilogy was boring and preferred the american movies. For some reason I always end up back at Silent Hill when I think of Demons Souls. I don't know why.

I think you are referring to one of Yuria’s dialogues if you approach her wearing the jailer’s headset (I am trying to remember the official name - the Official’s Cap?). It’s never really clear but she says something like “What do you brutes want from me? Do as you wish.” It is not really implying rape in a decisive fashion. She could have also been tortured or beaten.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom