Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demon's Souls Remake

Vyadhis

Learned
From the looks of it, this could be the (or at least a) killer app for the PS5. It really looks fantabulous.
It looks amazing in the streams I've been watching, yeah. I think if bluepoint included a patch that let you use the old music then a lot of good will would be gained in spite of their questionable artistic changes.

Speaking of OG Demons Souls - I've started having weird audio looping problems in the ps3 emulator and some bugginess with sound I never had before. Anyone else having issues like this? My CPU is a ryzen 2700x along with a RTX 2070 super gpu.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Speaking of OG Demons Souls - I've started having weird audio looping problems in the ps3 emulator and some bugginess with sound I never had before. Anyone else having issues like this? My CPU is a ryzen 2700x along with a RTX 2070 super gpu.
That happens whenever the game loses connection while online. When I played it, the servers were completely broken and disconnected every few minutes, so I had to keep restarting it. And this was on an actual PS3!

Vyadhis

Learned
That happens whenever the game loses connection while online. When I played it, the servers were completely broken and disconnected every few minutes, so I had to keep restarting it. And this was on an actual PS3!
OHHHHH this makes perfect sense, I set my connection to offline because I wanted to manipulate world tendency easier. Thanks, I'm glad it wasn't my pc or something.

Ezekiel

Arcane
OHHHHH this makes perfect sense, I set my connection to offline because I wanted to manipulate world tendency easier. Thanks, I'm glad it wasn't my pc or something.
Wait, what? The emulated Demon's Souls has online? How? Do you play with other PC players or does it connect to the official console servers?

Vyadhis

Learned
Wait, what? The emulated Demon's Souls has online? How? Do you play with other PC players or does it connect to the official console servers?
Yeah, you play with pc players. They are unofficial servers. You can also toggle world tendency, something I learned a few minutes ago.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Gonna see if I can figure out how to rip my disc. All the downloads I'm finding are through some fishy websites and ads.

Never mind. Too complicated. Found a link, though.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Now that the RPCS3 version has online, the discord looks like this:

f66445c5d688596bf5ccd364a7127728.png

:do you even lift:

IceyD

Scholar
It's pretty great so far. Maiden in Black sort of lost her cute factor and I'm really depressed about it, but otherwise having a good time.

Vyadhis

Learned
Well, there's no humanly possible way I'm going to get a ps5 this year so I'll just keep playing on the emulator.
Did they nerfed royalty class?
How would they? I thought the gameplay and balance wasn't tampered with besides equip load.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Well, there's no humanly possible way I'm going to get a ps5 this year so I'll just keep playing on the emulator.
Did they nerfed royalty class?
How would they? I thought the gameplay and balance wasn't tampered with besides equip load.
they've added a bunch of new weapons, armor sets (deluxe edition only lol) and rings (such as Sodden ring, which removes the movement speed penalty while traveling in deep water).

IceyD

Scholar
I'm actually preferring Cinematic Mode by a lot. Just took some time to get used to the 30 fps, but it's very stable.

Ezekiel

Arcane
With I had known the shield is not visible for soldiers before I selected the soldier class. All shields? Fuck. Took like twenty minutes to create my shitty face.

Then again, I've always hated the way the characters hold their shields anyway. Would shatter their wrists just holding them in fists instead of strapping them to their arms.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom