Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Demon's Souls Remake

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by cvv, Jun 11, 2020.

1. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    ^ Top  
  2. Vyahdis Educated

Vyahdis
    Anyone fired up OG Demons Souls on rpcs3 right now? Feels good to be able to play the best version of the game :smug:[​IMG]

• hopw roewur ne x 4
    • Brofist x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer Sad Loser

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    How demanding is the emulator at the moment? Does it require a powerplant-like rig to run the game at good framerate?

^ Top  
  4. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    I tried it like a year ago with my old rig and the FPS was fine. But the shader buffering was insufferable, during my first run through every area everything was tearing and jerking and the sound was completely fubar. P. much unplayable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Vyahdis Educated

Vyahdis
    That's weird because buffering was never much of a problem for me after a minute but I know emulators can function quite differently for each individual. I'd just try downloading and running the game to see how it works for you. The buffering for me was tolerable but I play BOTW in cemu too and its way worse there so I'm probably use to it. I still think its worth it for 60 fps and not dropping 500$ on a doorstop for what is essentially Pozzed Souls. Honestly, even playing the original at 30 fps on a ps3 would be worth it more compared to this shit remake. There are unofficial servers up for both versions but they sadly will never be as active as the remake ones. That's the only real motivation to play the remake at all IMO.

^ Top  
  6. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Agreed. I'm watching Lobos' stream and the game looks phenomenal in general and true to the original, down to the last move timings.

But occassionally there are these WTF spikes. Like the Dragon King is speaking in the intro? With the goofiest VO I've ever heard? Jesus.

Also the UI is shocking trash, including the menus. It's like an indie game made by two people, part time.

And HOW DO THEY STILL HAVE SOME OLD BUGS IN THE GAME???? It's completely rebuilt in a new engine! How is this even technically possible?!1! And the parry/running attack bug is still there! And magic is still retardedly OP!

EDIT: Oh and also they kept the retarded item burden...but you can insta-send every item to storage. Wtf? Why even have item burden then? All it does it add pointless inventory chore.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. MapMan Arcane

MapMan
    What are some cool/fun yet not completely unviable builds in DeS? I've finished multiple times all the other souls games, including BB and Sekiro. Usually, I go with a DEX build for first playthrough but that was equivalent of picking very easy mode in DaS 3 so I'm looking for some suggestions this time. I'm thinking a something of a Paladin build? Faith + DEX with some STR to be able to wield heavier weapons and armour. DeS veterans, tell me what's a good and fun build to try when not looking to min/max.

^ Top  
  8. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    To be honest, not all of these redesigns are bad. Athough there's a couple of them that are undeniable trash.

I guess this is the cost for getting a remake developed by western people focusing on muh graphics and tech (Things that weren't Demon's souls selling point). I wonder what Miyazaki truly thinks about this remake.

• cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron Sad Loser

Jasede
    I like when remakes keep the same bugs intentionally when they are gameplay or speedrun relevant.

Strongly agree on the UI.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed.

^ Top  
  11. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    Because is not completely rebuild, it uses code from the original game.

• incline incline x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    The sound design in the Storm King fight is p. bonkers. It's very gud in general.

^ Top  
  13. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    high-tier grass is now heavier, which means you can't carry too much of it and bruteforcing your way by spamming healing is no longer a viable tactic.
    Basically you still need to think what kind of items you want to carry around with you, but the headache of going back to nexus to deposit stuff was removed.

^ Top  
  14. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    [​IMG]

Also, looks like they removed Old Hero's shockwave? Oh well, at least he doesn't sound like he's gargling mouthwash when he dies

And what we were all waiting for, Storm King WARNING
    Show Spoiler
    fool doesn't use Storm Breaker

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    ^ Top  
  15. sullynathan Arcane

sullynathan
    They're using the same original code, guess certain things weren't changed.

^ Top  
  16. Vyahdis Educated

Vyahdis
    They completely ruined Astraea's theme and made it into generic Dark Souls III shit lmao. Sounds nothing like the original.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Silverfish Learned

Silverfish
    His actually are, though.

^ Top  
  18. Tehdagah Arcane

Tehdagah
    Gameplay-wise, is it better or worse than the original?

Thinking of turning the PS3 on again

^ Top  
  19. Alexander DeLarge Arbiter

Alexander DeLarge
    I haven't had the time to sit down and play it yet but from the footage I've seen, the animations look worse and annoying.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Looks like total shit to me lmao

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron Sad Loser

Jasede
    Oh man, I didn't believe this, but you're very much correct. These people clearly have some talent when it comes to sound design and graphics, but they don't really know how to use it. The "improvement" to this song in particular really shows that their understanding is superficial.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    The worst take is this

:negative:

• decline x 4
    • Despair x 2
    • Doggy x 2
    • Kitty x 2
    • Rage x 1
    • sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Vyahdis Educated

Vyahdis
    They removed this because it was "too silly" but added in that bullshit WoW selfie cam complete with wacky billy bob teeth option.

• decline decline x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Matador Prophet

Matador
    Any info on the poison swamp?

^ Top  
  25. Diablo1_reborn Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic Patron

Diablo1_reborn
    More importantly, has the Scraping Spear been nerfed?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.