Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Deus Ex: The Fall - released on PC

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-06-deus-ex-the-fall-domain-registered-by-square-enix

Update: We're still not sure just what Deus Ex: The Fall is, but developer Eidos Montreal is publicly teasing it, suggesting a full reveal is on the horizon.

"Are YOU ready for The Fall?" the developer cryptically tweeted earlier today.

Could this suggest a new Deus Ex title in development? Maybe we'll get an announcement at E3 next week, eh?

Original story: Last week it was discovered that Square Enix had registered the domain for something called Deus Ex: Human Defiance, but it turned out to only be related to the upcoming Deus Ex film. Fortunately, an all new Deus Ex-related trademark has been discovered (thanks, Superannuation), and it suggests Square Enix is working on a project called Deus Ex: The Fall.

The publisher has currently registered domains DeusExTheFall.com , DeusExTheFall.netand DeusExTheFall.co.uk. Could this be a new Deus Ex game Eidos Montreal is working on? Or perhaps it's a reference to the upcoming enhanced edition of Human Revolution, although you'd think that would have a more recognisable title, like say, Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Special Edition. The Australian ratings board leak regarding that suggests it will bear the familiar Human Revolution moniker, too, so a new game is looking more likely.

We've reached out to Square for comment and are awaiting reply.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Will be a TV series about a group of high school kids dealing with an augmented world, shenanigans will ensue on an episodic basis.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Deus Ex: The fall is 'a full experience' for mobile, tablets

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...fall-is-a-full-experience-for-mobile-tablets/

1337060774507.gif

Only $2.99 per augmentation upgrade.

J1M

Arcane
This makes me very angry.

If simplistic iOS third-person cover shooters are a real market, they should be able to launch their own IPs on them.

I'm not ever going to play this 'game', because I will not ever purchase an iPad. (Dear marketers, this is a huge Deus Ex fan talking. That's right, you don't get us as free customers. You have to earn those sales each time by not fucking up.)

The reason that franchises are poached from PC and not in the other direction, ever, is because the PC platform allows for good games to be made.

Even Call of Duty was once a PC-exclusive.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
What pisses me off are these ridiculous PR campaigns, ohhh, big secret announcement about Deusex, bla bla bla... it's an iOS game.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ehhehe. Squeenix going all

:troll:

on everyone.

Deus Ex - The Fail. Noone ever asked for this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom