Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

ferratilis

Magister
Usually, I don't buy games on release, but I made an exception for this, to support our boy Bobby who is probably struggling right now. His buddy Epstein killed himself a while ago (he must be pining for those sex dungeons), now the whole state of California is against him, and his hairline isn't doing that good either. I wish I could have paid 80, you know Blizzard deserves it. Amirite or amirite?

Anyway, everything is great except for the UI bugs. If you scroll through the dialogue window or the settings screen with your mouse wheel, you also scroll through your skills. How that slipped through QA baffles me. It was funny to hear my paladin's auras being switched randomly while scrolling through the settings menu. The minimap is also bugged af. Some UI elements overlap, making the entire UI look cheap and unfinished. One thing that's great is controller support, when your wrist gets sore you can just switch to a controller without losing any of the functionality, and it feels great to play with. Visually, it looks stunning, but at the cost of clarity. Now it's harder to spot enemies and chests, especially in dungeons. But with modern lighting, we have to give something up. This might just be the best remaster/remake ever in terms of fidelity, imho.

And the number 5 looks like 5 now, not S, thank god. If that alone is not worth 20 bucks, I don't know what is.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Median guys said that they will be releasing initial version of median for D2R in a month of two. For now single player only. So those subhumans who like more boom and smash may rejoice.

Median XL symbolises everything that went wrong with the last stages of Diablo 2 LoD. Seriously, if you want to fill your screen with projectiles just play Path of Exile instead. Absolutely disgusting shit this mod.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
If that alone is not worth 20 bucks, I don't know what is.
YkYw4Ou.png

what

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Don't worry, fans will be able to modify a lot more of this game than first thought.

amazon.json:
{"dependencies":{"particles":[],"models":[{"path":"data/hd/character/player/amazon/head.model"},

I am modding the game itself now. I want to add the skill changes from Project Diablo 2 into D2:R.

-------

As I am reading more, you can do so much more modding with this. You can literally assign monster sounds to sound channels. The configurability of this game is maddening.

I might have to take back what I said about modding this game. So far it is insanely customisable.

Last edited:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Increased all character's velocitities to 20! No need for Enigma now. :lol:

I want to do what Median XL does, include a droppable item with a Teleport with a 5s cooldown. I really like this feature of Median because you can't teleport around like a dickhead any more, and have to be careful, granted Median does increase character walk/run speed. So there is that!

Last edited:

ferratilis

Magister
When using a controller, there's an option to auto-sort your inventory and auto-populate your belt with potions, but not when using M&K. What a strange decision by the devs. :mad:

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Killed Diablo on normal. My necromancer is summoning a clay golem and then I use my crossbow to shoot from afar.
Really living that class fantasy life.
Act 5 is horrible, non stop demons. At least the maps are easily traversable unlike that horrible jungle. Also darkness is really weird. The jungle was darker than hell itself, really made me think.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
hSmRrWt.png

Folks, why this game has only 364 results in google?

wsGZKl9.png

And this is Bing.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Median guys said that they will be releasing initial version of median for D2R in a month of two.

Median stopped being good a looooong time ago

Yeah but this means modding is easy to do so overhauls like project diablo 2, Path of Diablo etc. can be done.

When using a controller, there's an option to auto-sort your inventory and auto-populate your belt with potions, but not when using M&K. What a strange decision by the devs. :mad:

Generally speaking autopot transfer from inventory to belt when you play pad completely fixes pot system in D2.

Last edited:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Yeah but this means modding is easy to do so overhauls like project diablo 2, Path of Diablo etc. can be done.

It looks like you can mod in areas and even have 1 way waypoints to them. There are some really nice changes. Something like Project Diablo 2 is absolutely possible.

Generic-Giant-Spider

that horrible jungle.

Act 3 is the worst act in the whole game and I say that knowing full well it has a Spider Forest, Arachnid Lair and Spider Cavern. The Fetish/Ratmen enemies were always some weird out of place monster that had a bunch of obnoxious shit to them. Only good thing is when you get a unique spawn of a shaman you get double item drops since they count as two.

Gregz

Arcane
Don't worry, fans will be able to modify a lot more of this game than first thought.

amazon.json:
{"dependencies":{"particles":[],"models":[{"path":"data/hd/character/player/amazon/head.model"},

I am modding the game itself now. I want to add the skill changes from Project Diablo 2 into D2:R.

-------

As I am reading more, you can do so much more modding with this. You can literally assign monster sounds to sound channels. The configurability of this game is maddening.

I might have to take back what I said about modding this game. So far it is insanely customisable.

^ Best news in the entire thread.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Act 3 is the worst act in the whole game and I say that knowing full well it has a Spider Forest, Arachnid Lair and Spider Cavern. The Fetish/Ratmen enemies were always some weird out of place monster that had a bunch of obnoxious shit to them. Only good thing is when you get a unique spawn of a shaman you get double item drops since they count as two.

Actually I like Spider forest but the problem is it get too repetitious and same old same old with great forest etc. Best would be they make it smaller.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
At least the maps are easily traversable unlike that horrible jungle. Also darkness is really weird. The jungle was darker than hell itself, really made me think.

The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds, and the tranquil waterway leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flower sombre under an overcast sky – seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness.

agris

Arcane
Patron
that horrible jungle.

This gets to the previous poster, several pages back, who rightfully pointed out that D2 acts are very much like a themepark. Grasslands, sandland, jungleland, hellland and snowland. It isn't thematically tight like Diablo 1, it's "more = better". But the argument of D1 v D2 is a tired one, it's art vs commerce and we all know which the masses prefer...

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

amazon.json:

-------

^ Best news in the entire thread.
Imagine all these naked mods. White paladins. Green druids.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom