Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
You could also just tweak his mod to your tastes, it ain't exactly hard.

When you do a data dump you also get a readme file that documents each csv file.

It is just about experimenting with things and playing with ideas.

Hassar

Scholar
they erased big titty goth assassins and replaced them with asians
even the assassin npc in act 3 is an asian now

The old design looked Asian to me.
Yeah the name Natalya really evokes imagery of Asia.

Actually since this is crusty we are talking about he'd probably agree with that statement.

On further thought, if you are talking about that NPC, I think the idea was that these classes were full of people from different races and Natalya was a more Caucasian assassin. I.E. the assassin we could control was Asian, but other members of that class could have any background.

I don’t care, though. I didn’t play for T&A and the graphics weren’t high quality enough for me to ogle anyone. Just curious. I wouldn’t classify that as SJW stuff because Blizzard has generally tried to represent a variety of races among the player characters since D1. If anything, it’s the reverse of SJW stuff to make the martial artist assassin look Asian.

I think doing something like arbitrarily saying the Necro is trans and goes by ‘it’ would be more annoying.

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Actually since this is crusty we are talking about he'd probably agree with that statement.

Who is Natalya? I don’t think many of the characters have canon names. The name generator spits out randomness.

Every pre-placed named character in the towns has a fixed name. Natalya is the Assassin chick hanging out near Hratli's forge in Kurast Docks.

Hassar

Scholar

Who is Natalya? I don’t think many of the characters have canon names. The name generator spits out randomness.

Every pre-placed named character in the towns has a fixed name. Natalya is the Assassin chick hanging out near Hratli's forge in Kurast Docks.

Thanks. Yeah, I had to dig deep to go back 10+ years to remember that and Googled it. One good thing about these games was that the story was nice and all, but after you got going. Those NPCs and details weren’t as important as the gameplay itself.

Zeriel

Arcane

It was clearly supposed to be "Europeans" in Diablo's world who had been taught some eastern/foreign art. I don't get the idea that the main assassin was asian though. That's not there in the original model. It looks like goth chicks I knew growing up. There's absolutely nothing in the facial structure to hint at them being asian. Certainly they don't bear much resemblance to the new model.

That's generally the theme with the models too--I glossed over the males but they are largely downgrades too in terms of not being honest to the original vision. Most of the characters looked young in the original models, now they are all old. Even the necromancer who had white hair had more of an "ageless" thing going on, kind of an Elric vibe, but now he's a grandpa in the new model.

Hassar

Scholar

It was clearly supposed to be "Europeans" in Diablo's world who had been taught some eastern/foreign art. I don't get the idea that the main assassin was asian though. That's not there in the original model. It looks like goth chicks I knew growing up. There's absolutely nothing in the facial structure to hint at them being asian. Certainly they don't bear much resemblance to the new model.

That's generally the theme with the models too--I glossed over the males but they are largely downgrades too in terms of not being honest to the original vision. Most of the characters looked young in the original models, now they are all old. Even the necromancer who had white hair had more of an "ageless" thing going on, kind of an Elric vibe, but now he's a grandpa in the new model.

I disagree. The assassin had an eastern Asian complexion with pale yellowish skin. Especially when compared next to the Amazon. Or even next to the Necro who seemed more like a pale, goth Caucasian to me. But it’s weird that people read so much into pixelated faces. Probably a testament to how our imaginations fill in small details. I’m not offended by the change whatsoever. Leaning towards it being accurate especially since they’d have design docs and every other player character model is on point.

Last edited:
I disagree. The assassin had an eastern Asian complexion with pale yellowish skin. Especially when compared next to the Amazon. Or even next to the Necro who seemed more like a pale, goth Caucasian to me. But it’s weird that people read so much into pixelated faces. Probably a testament to how our imaginations fill in small details. I’m not offended by the change whatsoever. Leaning towards it being accurate especially since they’d have design docs and every other player character model is on point.

Huh?
LWNoYXJzLmpwZw

assassinfull.jpg

(this is official Blizzard assassin art on the arreat summit btw, don't tell them or they'll purge it)

152952-diablo-ii-lord-of-destruction-macintosh-inside-cover.jpg

(boxart)

You could argue that some of her equipment is ninja/far eastern inspired but she's clearly white. The word assassin is middle eastern and all the lore behind her order in game has middle eastern roots. I think your imagination is filling in some wrong details here.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane

Lol are you fucking joking? You really think they are trying to be accurate to the original models? That's ridiculous. Just fucking look at them. I was going to post the original models and make a comparison, but if you legitimately believe they don't have an agenda then there's nothing I can ever say to convince you, you're delusional.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I disagree. The assassin had an eastern Asian complexion with pale yellowish skin.
Suuuure.

Bez-tytu-u.png

Although I guess you might just be retarded enough to think she was yellow because of that promo art/wallpaper with new chars from the expansion where both assassin and druid looked yellow due to the fire/torch/whatever thingy.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I actually went through first 2 chapters as Sin while my Druid was on cooldown after I had enough of :shittydog: whimpering horribly in Ch4 as they died to 1 lightning bolt from any gloam-like. Actually, either Blizzard nerfed pets so hard before 1.10 or they always were terrible, but in 1.09 Direwolves begin to die in the same chapter you get them (that being 2). And Rabies is problematic with undead and venom lords. I still managed to down Diablo with a runeword, of course (open wounds), but my chance to hit is pretty low now. If Bear won't be better I would try time traveling to 1.07.

As for Sin,
cloak of shadows > tiger strike > dragon tail. scream KYAAA
Rumble in the Arcane Sanctuary.

only problem, it feels like for best dragon tail you want to stand right inside monsters, which is... problematic.

Zeriel

Arcane
Finally getting around to playing this and the censoring is pretty universal. For example, even random NPCs/hirelings are not exempt. Compare Act 1 hirelings:

ie3AzS4.png

It does make me wonder about how you end up with such consistent vandalism. Is there a memo from a higher-up somewhere saying, "COVER ALL THE WOMEN, NO SKIN ALLOWED" or is everyone at Blizzard/Vicarious just so progressive that they do it without any discussion needed?

Zeriel

Arcane
And yes, every NPC in the camp follows this pattern. Nice of them to offer the alternate graphics toggle so you can see in realtime how fucking horrible they are at their jobs.

Charsi turns from a cheerful girl smith into an angry tranny, Akara has the great Deflating Cleavage Accident of Tristram. Only Kashya makes it out relatively unscathed.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The Rabies Wolf Grizzly continues to walk 1.09, now killing some normal eldritch and shank. We have solid 15 points in Rabies & 3+1 points in Grizzly and I collected enough topazes and crap gear for 160% mf. Need good shield and a helmet, think I'll take a break from cubing rings and save Anya or something.

Grizzly stunlocks uniques/supers which makes me wonder how his stun was nerfed after 1.07.

Wonder if Larzuk still can add up to 3 sockets into magic/crafted item, or they already fixed it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Other than that, drop rates werent changed.

I was watching some Russian speedrunner for a few days - he claimed drop was changed. I think he lnow game inside out.

How many of this pathetic stuff was found?

Well 1.0 is very special and kinda raw, you get shit, everyone stronk, no cooldowns on spells for some enemies (durance is literal fire), diablo spams deathbeam, and of course, something I wonder how players would have reacted to today, every monster is bugged with x5 attack rating, making some, like birdies, 1-shot you. When I got enough Revives I brought a whole pack of super birds to Diablo, did reasonable damage to him. You can gamble for uniques with good chances. Chaos Sanctuary has monsters cast Iron Maiden, etc. Rares and in particular Pikes are very powerful, and barb Whirlwind is not fixed and attacks every frame. Corpse Explosion covers whole screen, Revives are brutally strong, Thorns/IM actually viable.

Yeah, I played it on release - there was no LoD back then. Leveled up my Clear Energy to 93 lvl heh, had Frostburn and staff of Lazarus (and probably some unique ring I can't remember anything about), classic meteorb sorc.

Looks like later D2 was turned a bit to a strange... side.

Most of the characters looked young in the original models, now they are all old.

It's a common trick used by SJW scum - if there is white make him old, and none-whites young.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Finally getting around to playing this and the censoring is pretty universal. For example, even random NPCs/hirelings are not exempt. Compare Act 1 hirelings:

ie3AzS4.png

It does make me wonder about how you end up with such consistent vandalism. Is there a memo from a higher-up somewhere saying, "COVER ALL THE WOMEN, NO SKIN ALLOWED" or is everyone at Blizzard/Vicarious just so progressive that they do it without any discussion needed?

There's skin in the right hand pic? How can you tell?

ㅤㅤㅤ

Learned

ie3AzS4.png

The most fascinating thing about the American proggers is their increasingly poor eyesight that seems to correlate with how deep into late-stage liberalism they are. It starts with smaller things, like mistaking the skin color of someone, a wire for a noose, or reigns for a whip. As the condition worsens however their eyesight becomes so blurry that they can mistake large scale race riots for a peaceful street party and holding up a picture to their face they cannot make out what it depicts no matter how close it is to their eyes. Your diagnosis, mediocre slam poet, isn't looking too good.

Camel

Scholar

ie3AzS4.png

Damn, that just depressing. Retroactive censorship is pathetic but Blizzard is finished not doing anything except remakes of their classics.
Played Diablo 2 at high school with friends and it was a blast even with a 640×480 resolution. :lol:

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

ie3AzS4.png

The most fascinating thing about the American proggers is their increasingly poor eyesight that seems to correlate with how deep into late-stage liberalism they are. It starts with smaller things, like mistaking the skin color of someone, a wire for a noose, or reigns for a whip. As the condition worsens however their eyesight becomes so blurry that they can mistake large scale race riots for a peaceful street party and holding up a picture to their face they cannot make out what it depicts no matter how close it is to their eyes. Your diagnosis, mediocre slam poet, isn't looking too good.

Open up the full sized version of it, it's a pixellated mess. Obviously the tiny version is easier to distinguish. Anyway, carry on with your circle jerk, fam.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I keep dying and I keep remaking new characters..

I am addicted, once again. Damn you to hell, blizzard.

got 1shot by undead stygian again... fuck that.

starting a new summon necro because why not

Generic-Giant-Spider

No idea how you can get bopped over and over in HC and still make HC characters. With how fucky the servers could always be I only did a HC attempt a few times and ended up never touching those characters again out of fear that a lag spike could have all that work go away.

I did enjoy making a troll level 9 HC character and just entering random games to hostile people and watch most of the players leave thinking they were gonna get ganked.

Sykar

Arcane

ie3AzS4.png

Personally I do not care all that much about exposed skin but it is clear that Blizzderp has covered up a lot up, pun intented. Either you are blind or disingenuous but I will humour you. Just take a look at the legs, Rogue hireling shows most of her ass cheek and upper leg in the original, the remaster barely shows a little skin on her upper leg.
The sorceress has most of her leg bare and her skirt is really short front and back. Remaster covers a lot, especially on the back side.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom