Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Codex Year of the Donut
they erased big titty goth assassins and replaced them with asians
even the assassin npc in act 3 is an asian now

There is old "time traveling" guide on diabloii net: https://www.diabloii.net/forums/thr...tex-part-1-a-guide-to-spf-time-travel.933724/
Although it focuses a lot on items.

This stuff is hilarious
When it comes to Weapon masteries, this of course depends on your weapon. Please note that there are NO magic+ throwing weapons, so Throwing Mastery is best left untouched. Also, two-handed maces (such as mauls, great mauls, war clubs [which can't drop anyway] and Martel De Fers) all do their "one handed" damage. Which is 1-1 min/max damage. Regardless of what the item claims, no Enhanced Damage will take it farther than 2-2 actual damage, leaving these weapons useless.

Corpse Explotion! Every point in this skill adds a yard to the radius
Hot damn

Generic-Giant-Spider

The highlights would be
- Vampire Gaze has 25% Damage Reduce and no cold damage, rest of stats like today, but always perfect
- Valkyrie Wing has IAS, FHR, FRW and FCR all at 30% which is the only 30%FCR from a helm ever
- Harlequin Crest (Shako) is 100%ED, +2 all skills, Indestructible, 50%MF and a whopping 40% max life
- Arkaine's Valor is 200%ED, +2 all skills, Indestructible, 30%FHR, 50% Fire res, +2 life/clvl and a stunning +2.5 vitality/clvl!
- The Gladiator's Bane has 25/20 PDR/MDR and Indestructible, but lower defense
- Hellslayer has +2 vitality/clvl and is Indestructible
- Wizardspike has 95% resist all
- Baranar's Star has +1.5 vitality/clvl but no elemental damage
- The Grandfather has Increase max life/mana 25% (but always 150% ED)
- War Traveler has 100% Extra Gold, +10 dex and MF fixed at 45% but no +str or damage
- Hellmouth has Cannot Be Frozen, the only gloves to ever have that
- Skullder's Ire has 30 vitality and 25 MDR, always 200% ED. (Same MF, but displayed as goldfind)
- Visceratuant has +2 necro skills and +80 life
- Gerke's Sanctuary has +1 vitality/clvl but no resists
- Kelpie Snare has Slows Target 100% (whatever that entails)
- Coldsteel Eye has 50% Crushing Blow
- Herald of Zakarum has Cannot Be Frozen and +1 Offensive Auras, but is otherwise terrible
- Arreat's Face has +0.5 max damage/clvl but is otherwise terrible
- Jalal's Mane has 25% Crushing Blow but is otherwise terrible (knockback...)
- Raven Claw is nothing special in this patch, but forward to 1.10+ for lvl 30 Exploding Arrow at lvl 15...
- M'Avina's Tenet has 10-15% manaleech and 40% FRW, the fastest run/walk on a belt ever.
- Laying of Hands has 50% Fire ABSORB, which makes characters fire immune until patch 1.10

I forgot how massive the itemization changed throughout the patches. The only patches I really remembered were synergies and 1.10 runewords. Shako having 40% to max life is crazy.

Now, THIS is when 1.07 gets really interesting. Especially if you have a steady supply of gems from 1.00.
There are five recipes which can be used. In detail, these are
1 - Prismatic amulet (any amulet + 1 of each perfect gem except skull)
This will roll an amulet with a "hidden" prismatic affix, which rolls 6-36 light/fire/cold and 12-72 poison resist. "Hidden" in this case, means this amulet is NOT a magic "Prismatic Amulet (of X)" but ANY amulet with odds 1:1000 unique, 5:1000 rare, 8:1000 set, and 986:1000 magic. ilvl=clvl*0.66 rounded down. Sadly, this means no Mara's, but you could still get Tal Rasha's or Sarachen's Chance. Or imagine twinking with Angelic combo when the amulet has 30/30/30/60 resists? Also, the hidden modifier has no level requirement, so any amulet is a potential twinking gem!

:what:

Hassar

Scholar
they erased big titty goth assassins and replaced them with asians
even the assassin npc in act 3 is an asian now

The old design looked Asian to me. But there was a range of races so I didn’t look that closely. I think the Sorceress is one of the few Indian/Mideastern/Asian/whatever character designs I ever saw for example.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
In act 1 I got total of 2 uniques, 2 sets and ~12-15 rares.
why do you even need mf. perhaps it's some 1.09 thing.

Gotta say Werewolf slaps hard. I never liked him because bear looks so much better but up to 30 faster run, 12 life steal, +50% damage on a SINGLE SKILL, +wolf form +40ish attack speed early, I didn' lose any HP on Andy at all.

btw this good guy recently began doing vidos and they're casually good https://youtu.be/7NL8I9vePmk
he's less of a :hearnoevil: than Llama at least.

Whats this luck tho? Across all the games I have started I have gotten like 3 rares. 5 in one lucky gane and nothing else.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I am making changes and testing them daily, and I will upload them EVENTUALLY to GitHub.

Here is the repo:
https://github.com/KrunoSaho/Jupyter

I would like to bounce ideas off you guys and I want ideas as well. I need time to test skill changes and time to figure things out.

Three things I would like to do:
  1. Increase TP book to hold 100 scrolls.
  2. Make potions heal for 10-15 seconds.
  3. No stack reduction for Javelins and Arrows/Bolts.

Perkel

Arcane
maybe make optional stuff with some default playslist decided by you ? This way people could check what they like to have and what they don't like to have.

stamina is hot topic i guess.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
maybe make optional stuff with some default playslist decided by you ? This way people could check what they like to have and what they don't like to have.

stamina is hot topic i guess.

You can run only the cells you want. This is one reason for using a Jupyter Notebook.

Generic-Giant-Spider

You know what's crazy about this game? There are so many uniques I've never seen in my life and still haven't most likely.

I'm not talking like the drop rates suck or anything, I mean I've straight up never seen these names before. Found a Burnt Wand called "The Suicide Branch." In D2R it's for Amazon only, apparently.

:hahyou:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Infinite Javelins are working.

I will eventually get this into creating a single mod file which will be copied into a directory, but for now I am screwing around with too many things.

Not sure about doing infinite arrows as you already have a skill that does that, and since I have increased mana regen considerably, there just isn't a point.
------

Now might be a good time to package shit up. At the very least people could test the changes quickly.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Infinite Javelins are working.

I will eventually get this into creating a single mod file which will be copied into a directory, but for now I am screwing around with too many things.

Not sure about doing infinite arrows as you already have a skill that does that, and since I have increased mana regen considerably, there just isn't a point.
------

Now might be a good time to package shit up. At the very least people could test the changes quickly.
People complain how casters are too powerful -> Kruno buffs mana regen...

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I started playing a few days ago, a sorceress. I didn't find a single unique until act 4 or 5, a bone shield! Wooo! ... ethereal..

Anyway, I leveled as lightning for whatever reason, and chose to respec somewhere in my 20s. I didn't know it was a once per difficulty thing, so I basically wasted it.

On to nightmare, do the Den again and now with my new new runewords I respec to fireball/meteor. Perfect.

Then when distributing stats I shift clicked strength and now I have 190 strength.

God fucking damn, I hoped it would put in 5 points.

mad mad mad

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom