Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Saerain

Augur
Patron
It's fitting if an uninspired "resurrection" of their best game is Blizzard's last. I can only hope.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I think it's obvious at this point it is impossible to extend those games indifentely. At some point, the carrot on a stick shit has to end. There's nothing they can come up with that will prevent that.

But one thing that makes Diablo different form an MMO is precicely the fact you can just start over and quickly progress with another character. Characters in Diablo are much more disposable than they are in MMOs. That's why hardcore leagues are a thing.

See, I always thought of something like Uber Tristram as a challenge mode type of deal than any sort of "endgame." In fact, endgame in games like these are often absolute shit. It'll be some juiced up bosses, a map randomizer, or something else uninspired and easily thrown together in a weekend.

The repeating the same game on harder difficulties thing was always a missed opportunity. Starting a game on Nightmare or Hell should have seen the world itself actually twist around, enemies have their placements changed, introduce new variants that do different things than usual. You know the Act II mummies that leave behind a poison cloud after dying? On Hell they should instead explode and leave behind corpse worms or something like that. Anything that goes beyond making their damage output go from 100% to 150%.

Instead it's often just enemies getting their stats put on steroids, often times encouraging a tank build of some sort, and have the same boss from before have five times more HP than usual. That's why it's better to approach a game like Diablo II on trying out different character builds and treating them like you would finetuning a sports car or something. I think I only ever did Uber Tristram with a Zealadin once just to see it and say I did it, then any other time I played it was me trying out stupid build ideas like a Poison Dagger Necromancer or Jew Barbarian (aka Horker/gold find/gambler). It'd be the same thing in these new games if they could ever hold my interest long enough because their designated endgame ideas are stagnant .

abija

Prophet
Tried then pad support and yep D2 with pad support is much better than k+m. I could instantly target 3 different chieftains in split second without any issue with javelins.
Are you people using the mouse with your feet?

Perkel

Arcane
Tried then pad support and yep D2 with pad support is much better than k+m. I could instantly target 3 different chieftains in split second without any issue with javelins.
Are you people using the mouse with your feet?

2 things.

Independent movement from targeting
Instead of character following mouse you move character with stick which feels more direct.

ARPGs like D2 are basically twin stick shooters with stats.

Though like i said. Playing tele sorc probably won't be possible on pad.

yrz8tjum.jpg

i don't know if my taste in women declined but i want to fug the sorceress

Its a bit weird that she looks like a tsundere from India. Original Sorc looked more arabic.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Anyone play diablo or wow with vr headsets. I've seen vids of vr playing fucking weird games that are not VR.

eh... meh

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
yrz8tjum.jpg

i don't know if my taste in women declined but i want to fug the sorceress

Its a bit weird that she looks like a tsundere from India. Original Sorc looked more arabic.

It's because they gave her hunter eyes to make her more "warrior" like. The result is that she looks less eastern and exotic, more like a brown skinned 'Murrican white woman lmao. Her face structure is text-book Cromagnon, hardly middle-eastern.

Also the hips and feet are too fucking thick. It's not that they made her fat it feels like a fuck up on the part of the artist.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I used to wonder about that rare cinematic. Maybe the stone grows and he had to break chunks off.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
kind of bummed u cant playrtest necro since its my favourite char

hype for 23nd. but i hope for more content and more qol changes and bvalance changes

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I just saw a gremlins commercial? Fucking really? Will this remaster be another punch in the face. While diablo isn't genX alone it does feel like genX is getting worked over like the bitch in double dragon.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Is this an issue or not?

No TCP/IP
“TCP/IP SUPPORT WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN THE UPCOMING BETA OR THE FINAL GAME. AFTER CAREFUL DELIBERATION, WE WILL NO LONGER BE SUPPORTING THIS OPTION AS WE IDENTIFIED POTENTIAL SECURITY RISKS AND ARE COMMITTED TO SAFEGUARDING THE PLAYER EXPERIENCE.”
-BLIZZARD
Will the game be digital release only?

Will it be steamkey only or some blizzkey bullox?

Will it require some sort of online registration of connection to be always present?

I have my doubts on mods and frontends working with this all that well. I'll probably wait at least 1/2 year before considering buying it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
maybe the females you're around you look like mutants who only do leg day at the gym
thats kinda what your characters do 99% of the time in game tho, aside from when you're out of stamina or casting spell.

what I find the most amusing in this egyptian dwarf from dragon age (can it be you need to make her model thicc to look properly thicc in isometry? nah probably designers just weird) are little modern training shorts under the skirt.
the lack of underboob I dont find troubling, because it just looks too loose and doesn't make sense to me. It's supposed to kinda work like a bra i think, so she can run freely without problems. for me, a design of cloth like
ExHiKL1WEAQNl6L.jpg
would be a fine banalce.

for the amazon, btw, what I never understood is what is she even wearing. it looks like fitting like a cloth, but its supposed to be leather, but it is made out of 1 single piece which I have no idea how to put on or off. so, what they should have done is make her leather breastplate out of 2 parts, frontal and back, just like metal breastplates work, and add 2 pairs of straps at the sides.

as for Paladin, ima not saying you must base him on oriental orthodox, but, srsly, maybe finally admit there is oriental christianity and look up all the cool cultures and people; there are other dark and black people than standard american.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom