Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Just make the Paladin look like Tupac, and everyone will be happy!

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Who the fuck cares about her face anyway when you just want to bash skulls in and find loot.

superficial sheep like you that "reaaaaaaally" and can't be bothered to get upset for such small things are the ones that realize all of a sudden they have the proverbial dick in their butt and have to suck cock for a living :)
I get pretty upset if you fuck up my original Wiz8, smac, civ4, max, sacrifice and so on. But some D2 remaster which I dont have to play, with various high-res mods for the orginal around? Only a true idiot can be upset about that.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Its simple...... kill ALL the SJWS. Its the best option and most entertaining. They are a waste of space. They're not even human. You don't back down and you don't apologize. They scream bigot... then you give them an example of an ultra bigot as you equal rights cave their skulls in with your fists.

simple.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Difference being that back then there were no SJW death-squads. I dislike the changes too, but as long as the mass-media and their social-media appendages wield such power, I can at least understand why said changes occur.
What power though? The only power they have is the power they are being given by the people who lack a spine. Games aren't being killed by people talking crap. They are killed by silence, because when nobody is talking about them, then nobody knows they are on the market, so nobody is buying them. Otherwise the real damage is done by the companies themselves (either due to bad hype-management or employees doing really stupid shit at the office that leaks out to the press).

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
1510976469-2016347315.png
VS
Necromancer.png

Necromancer has a more of a "pops" look versus the scary manly dude with a clean cut jaw

also it seems the items were rendered in 3D lol

289324-diablo-ii-render.png

Shadenuat

Arcane
a little bit of shocking truth https://youtu.be/qdyG5KRWfVs?t=514
who are they trying to lie to except themselves by making sorceresses skirts longer, i just don't understand :M

love the bear. but original druid I think was made of idea that he is wolf - thin scrawny and he talked about smelling things all the time. so he should be thin, all the muscles like ropes, scarred, dexterious if they want to be in spirit of original.

But I of course love Bear a lot. too bad he is one, if not the one, of weakest characters you can play.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
Any youtuber/twitcher/whatever the fuck influencer that doesn't clearly say something equivalent with
"Don't buy this shit! You encourage them to milk retards like you even more instead of making games."
is a shill.

Saravan

Savant
This outrage over rather miniscule character art changes in a fucking loot-grinder like diablo 2 is hilarious. Really guys? Sure, the remaster is a cash-grab, since they only have to build a new skin for an existing game, but seriously obsessing over such slight changes, when you farm and run bosses or zones like a monkey? Screen exploding constantly in fire/ice, but you surely watch that sorc breastline.
I get it, I do. But in fucking D2? also I kidna find it hilarious how somhow D2 got elevated to some defender of christian-gothic-dante-conservative values, when it was one of the true harbingers of decline.
They just wanted to play it as safe as possible to not incur the wrath of the pink-haired twitter squads. But in a loot-slasher just as D2 I reaaaaally don't care.
Also, once you equipt your toons with armor, they will get covered more anyways. For example the assassin main gfx is just an assassin wearing some kind of heavy armor. Who the fuck cares about her face anyway when you just want to bash skulls in and find loot.

The entire point of the remaster was a graphical upgrade marketed as staying true to the original game. So it makes total sense to nitpick the art which is the very thing you are paying a premium for.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I guess I could be a hobo if i rp as a druid.

meh... my interest in the remaster has dropped even more. I wait to laugh at the pricetag and say... NO!

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
So this whole debacle made me re-install DII with the widescreen mod that's floating around this thread.

For whatever reason, for the first time ever, I installed the English version. And Gods damn, is it shite compared to the Potato one. Blizzard had shit voice actors compared to CD Projekt (the publisher, not Red, the developer).

Naraya

Arcane
So this whole debacle made me re-install DII with the widescreen mod that's floating around this thread.

For whatever reason, for the first time ever, I installed the English version. And Gods damn, is it shite compared to the Potato one. Blizzard had shit voice actors compared to CD Projekt (the publisher, not Red, the developer).
Wow, I couldn't disagree more. PL version was good but EN is pure incline.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

Peak blizzard localisation effort:

Last edited by a moderator:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

FFS compare the likes of Drognan or Akara. Necro lines are much, much better in PL too.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I reached Chapter Hell 3 with my necro in 1.0 classic, he's level 41.
Added 5 revives and bone prison to my glorious poison dagger 20, golem and IM.
ah, spamming bone prison on duriel. necro lyfe

vota DC

Augur
I reached Chapter Hell 3 with my necro in 1.0 classic, he's level 41.
Added 5 revives and bone prison to my glorious poison dagger 20, golem and IM.
ah, spamming bone prison on duriel. necro lyfe

That seems great. I am that level but still beginning chapter 3 Nightmare....skellies do everything and I just cast curses and bone armor because I am a weakling with bad gear.

Shadenuat

Arcane
yeah in 1.0 skelis have no AR so can't really hit enemies.

judging by xp gain level 45ish to 50 was most you could get solo. unless you simulate /players with tcp/ip bots and crab maggot spawns all day (which give xp, another thing they fixed later).

Shadenuat

Arcane
Like the bonewall, bonespear, maybe due to high resolution, doesn't look as impressive, as if it is missing part of its gauss rifle effect.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom