Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Morgoth, May 9, 2020.

1. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the great online fuckaroo bullshit. I mean EVERYONE has screaming fast broadband right?

^ Top  
  2. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos

Nobody seen this?

THis looking fucking L E G I T.

Jees it looks good.. H Y P E neggas. 1 more week.

Summon necro lets go.

Fingers crossed for QoL changes, balance changes and snew stuff added after launch.

• retadred x 9
    • No x 2
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • incline x 1
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    gold autopickup and 2 more shared stash pages. That is all qol. Rest is just graphics. And pad support which is nice.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    U didnt play Path of Diablo, Project diablo I see.

those are superior mods to the vanilla game, in every objective way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Why gold auto pick-up? Why not just deposit the gold directly into the player's inventory? This is a genuine question.

^ Top  
  6. Wilian Arcane Patron

Wilian
    Divinity: Original Sin
    The answer is probably the same as was their answer as to why do you need to Identify items in Diablo 3 when you can just click them in the inventory. They equate it to opening gift wrapping. Small continuous dopamine spikes as you gain or discover something new. There's a slot-machine like attraction to the sound and the event of picking up something but it now is distilled to least effort possible while retaining the element. That'd be my wager.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    You could still have the dopamine-inducing sounds and floating text around your character saying +10 gold or something, but with less clicking the ground trying to get to the gold.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Wilian Arcane Patron

Wilian
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Maybe their psychologists told them that retaining even least amount of effort amplifies the satisfaction offering direct cause-reaction loop.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Ah, my favorite genre of game - produced by psychologists.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    Are they going to make the drop rates less on the acid trip Korean MMORPG grind level or would that ruin the purity and hardcore integrity of THE GAME?

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    Not enabling mods is probably the biggest mistake of this remaster.

If they wont allow mods on battle.net, then they must change the game to bring it up to date with popular mods, or the game dies fast.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    I did play all of them along with pretty much all mods to even D1 which i played as late as 2 months ago. They have some QOL but playing 24 fps on some shitty resolution hacked into game with super lags because D2 shitty netcode isn't great thing.

D2 with Puty is pretty much still the best experience you can get.

^ Top  
  13. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    As it stands the game is worth exactly 0 dollaridoos.

Reminder not to support modern Blizzard.

• Agree x 3
    • Yes x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Fishy x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Diablo1_reborn Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic Patron

Diablo1_reborn
    Blizzard can make great cinematics. We get it. More news at 11. Too bad however that they can't update a fucking game without censoring its art first.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    You'd be a massive retard to actually think the remastered graphcis are bad.

They are extremely faithful and tasteful to the vanilla, why? becuase its essentially running on top the base game.

This is how you do a proper remaster.. fuck u, and fuck the haters.
    hype

• No x 6
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Nathir Savant

Nathir
    You'd have to be a massive retard to actually buy this game.

• Brofist x 6
    • Yes x 5
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Fishy x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Takamori Learned

Takamori
    The overall art on monster and lightning its pretty good but the problem is the color palette of the monsters, they blend with the environment compared to the classic D2 where the color palette you can see then without any issues.

As for character designs I think only Sorc and Necro remained faithful to their original counterpart, I know we are on codex and people chimp out with black people but Paladin looks like Lamar from GTA V its almost sound like the dev is being ironically racist with the character.

Druid they aged him like milk for unknown reasons? When you could see he was young in the concept art

Amazon jokes a part about being trans but as much you spend time staring you can see an old lady at her 50's almost 60. Like it could be a cool concept for a new game but for amazon in D2 she was a women on her 20s peak youth and body health.

Barbarian they turned him into Norf FC meme, he looks like a old ass hooligan on his 40's with a beer gut, tired waiting for England to score some fucking goals

Assassin they turned her into asian for fucking reasons? When she was a goth white chick? I'm asian I don't need this sort of representation if anything I feel really insulted with this retarded way of scoring brownie points. Follow the fucking original artwork if you want to add asian character create a proper new IP and don't reuse old stuff because you are too lazy to create something new and interesting

Now on game quality I ain't buying unless they fix the melee netcode and B.NET on beta it showed a really dread scenario of Blizzard doing the bare minimum regarding quality of life. I don't trust VV in this remaster at all if anything show they never touched D2 in their lifetimes or just played normal campaign once and called a day.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Well, they made her Asian for a reason, they haven't pulled that out of their ass. The assassin order she comes from is Eastern. Maybe she was always supposed to be Asian, but they didn't do a good job representing that in the concept art. Or maybe it wasn't in the lore yet.

• FAKE NEWS x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • meh x 1
    • No x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    All right I'm gonna say it: Druid was always ugly as fuck. He originally looked like a dude with a receding hairline, now he looks like a cracked out Nord. Who cares, Druids were gay anyways.

Assassin, Paladin, Amazon, Barbarian got smashed the worst.

^ Top  
  20. Diablo1_reborn Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic Patron

Diablo1_reborn
    I am not talking about the graphics, I am talking about the art style. I myself have no problem on how the game looks, but I have a problem with people injecting their shitty feminist dogma (male gaze bad! sexual objectification of women bad!) into a 20 years old game and then call it a "faithful" remaster. There was absolutely no reason to fucking censor anything in this game, but they did it anyway, and this is what pissing me off.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  21. Black Arcane

Black
    It's not Blizzard making those. They outsouce them.

^ Top  
  22. Diablo1_reborn Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic Patron

Diablo1_reborn
    Even back with Blizzard North?

^ Top  
  23. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    Uh.... in a fantasy world? So ALL EASTERN lands in ANY WORLD are fucking Asian even if No ASIA exists? That's fucking retarded. No, this is pure Chink China Blizz influence. I'm fucking surprised they aren't all Asian-themed.

Well, we have
    Trans
    Goth
    Nigger
    Hobo/homeless
    Large chunky chad
    And magic chick.

They didn't want to redo all the voice acting.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Takamori Learned

Takamori
    If they redid the VA it would mean they would had plans to add future content for the game.

Like the art is just the tip of the iceberg. So far my experience with the "new" BNET its a nostalgic experience with dial up modem back in 1999, shit was rubberbanding all over the place. Melee characters still have the issue if something is moving you wont hit at all.
    Also probably they didn't fix the runeduping issues and botting.

People are hoping for all those QoL from PD2, they won't get any, its a bare minimum effort release to get those MAUs up from zoomers so they don't look so bad in the next semester report to their investors.

Enjoy autopick up gold and shared stash I guess?

^ Top  
  25. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    They should have since nobody can believe that this voice:

Belongs to this face:

[​IMG]

I do recommend this voice tone for the new Amazon:

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.