Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
In what way is this different from Diablo III?
What are the gameplay changes and innovations?
Why would I bother playing?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Btw, I went to the PC section in the few stores that had them. There's like nothing but a few shovelware, puzzles, find the difference games. NOTHING! Digital world i guess eh?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Imma pre-order dis shit rite now tho.

Will post impressions of beta in march.

I worry that I wont have time to fully play it @ june tho, eh. theres always season 1 i guess.

sad theres isnt a paladin class from the get go
Everyone gets access to beta in march, preorders only get it 1 week early.
1 week is all that matters breh.

AFAIK, pre-orders also get the full release 3-5 days earlier right?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
In what way is this different from Diablo III?
What are the gameplay changes and innovations?
Why would I bother playing?
D4 is basically what D3 originally should have been before Blizzard North closed down - a shared open world MMO ARPG but fully playable just solo also, kind of like lost ark and others of its kind, except the raids.
The artstyle is a return to form of that of D2 - gothic horror n shit like that, much more grimdark worldbuilding.

The combat, well the combat is alot similar to Diablo 3, but more refined I guess, and expanded upon. Combat was one of the best things in Diablo 3, despite everything else being shit, the combat feel and flow was solid imo.
The combat to me is far superior with clean and fluent motions and animations compared to something like Path of Exile, which looks and feels like a stuttery cluttered mess of shit whilst playing, vomit inducing.

The endgame? who knows, supposedly thers alot to do and not just "grinding rifts" like in D3.. who knows fore sure tho? time will tell.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Yeah, read the comnentary during pre-order. See if any regret it. But hey! It ain't Immortal right?

ArchAngel

Arcane

I worry that I wont have time to fully play it @ june tho, eh. theres always season 1 i guess.

I made a mistake with D3 where I also played their beta which let you play big part of Act 1 and it was polished and fun. Then I preordered it like an idiot and full game was crap.
Now D4 will also give us a beta of full Act 1. I am no longer falling for same trick :D

Artyoan

Prophet
Should have gone with the third person camera. Isometric arpg's are not doing it for me any longer. The only thing that ever made this franchise unique was the immersion of the setting. I'd rather play to that than the loot drop game. Especially one that is clearly designed to be an mmo-lite with no definitive ending allowed.

Aemar

Arcane
230206_r41805.jpg
67392439-0-image-a-26_1675721427078.jpg

Horned wombyn is the latest fad these days.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

I made a mistake with D3 where I also played their beta which let you play big part of Act 1 and it was polished and fun. Then I preordered it like an idiot and full game was crap.
Now D4 will also give us a beta of full Act 1. I am no longer falling for same trick :D
Right, we all got conned and assfucked by D3, it is what it is. I am ready to give D4 a chance. Different team, different times, same company tho, who knows?
If the game is shit, then who cares? Imma just go play something else. literally wont matter. if its good, then thats great.

I'm at the point in my life, that even if act 1 is great and then rest is shit, I'd probably get 5-20 hours worth of entertainment for what? 60 euros? thats fine enough for me. I am dying, and I want one more event to quicken me once more before the coffin comes callin.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Right, we all got conned and assfucked by D3, it is what it is. I am ready to give D4 a chance. Different team, different times, same company tho, who knows?
If the game is shit, then who cares? Imma just go play something else. literally wont matter. if its good, then thats great.

I'm at the point in my life, that even if act 1 is great and then rest is shit, I'd probably get 5-20 hours worth of entertainment for what? 60 euros? thats fine enough for me. I am dying, and I want one more event to quicken me once more before the coffin comes callin.
For 60$ you could probably get a prostitute to quicken you better..

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I would have played D3 or immortal or Potentially D4 but you know....

ONLINE ALL THE FUCKTIME!!

Dumb shit. Really fucking dumb.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

For 60$ you could probably get a prostitute to quicken you better..

Keep my bull's wife's name out your fucking mouth.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

People *still* complaining about "always online" as a serious issue in 2023?

Nigga, this complaint was legit 20 years ago when nobody had fast internet and only 56k dial ups, get with the fucking times, yo

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected

People *still* complaining about "always online" as a serious issue in 2023?

Nigga, this complaint was legit 20 years ago when nobody had fast internet and only 56k dial ups, get with the fucking times, yo
It's still "legit"

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Is not an MMO-lite, is a full MMO because you are forced to be always online and interact with other people.
MMO has "massive" in the abbreviation. Fortnite is also always online, also many people on the same map, but its not an MMO. There isn't a persistent world with the same population of thousands of characters.
From what I read, its essentially matchmaking, except more dudes per match. Its not a shard/server, and its not that big.

S.torch

Liturgist
MMO has "massive" in the abbreviation.

That's completely unimportant. Items, skills, abilities, mechanics, enemies, story and basically everything in this game will be balanced and designed like it was made for a MMO, so, it is an MMO.

Is going to be the same as D3 but worse because is woke.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Good thing I'm eternally asleep. It won't wake me and it'll go away if I stop acknowledging its existence.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
MMO has "massive" in the abbreviation.

That's completely unimportant. Items, skills, abilities, mechanics, enemies, story and basically everything in this game will be balanced and designed like it was made for a MMO, so, it is an MMO.

Is going to be the same as D3 but worse because is woke.
I cannot be more woke than Butterfly lady killing Cain, Female Diablo, Unicorn secret level and beta major demons that taunt you by voice the whole level like little bitches they are..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom