Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

I would have played D3 or immortal or Potentially D4 but you know....

ONLINE ALL THE FUCKTIME!!

Dumb shit. Really fucking dumb.

Diablo 3 wasn’t always online on consoles. The change of giving the player direct control over the character as opposed to the normal point-and-click system Diablo has, especially given the changes Diablo 3 had already made anyways, made for a better game on consoles too.

Should have gone with the third person camera. Isometric arpg's are not doing it for me any longer. The only thing that ever made this franchise unique was the immersion of the setting. I'd rather play to that than the loot drop game. Especially one that is clearly designed to be an mmo-lite with no definitive ending allowed.

Even if only as a novelty I’m a bit surprised there is no third person mode. I mean they’ve got fairly high quality character models that look good close up, the environments seem to be completely 3D, and they’re doing controller support on the PC this time around; it seems like they’ve got everything in place to make the game playable in a third person view if they wanted.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm genuinely amazed anyone is actually considering playing this. You people must be bored out of your fucking minds. Have Blizzard not shown that they are incompetent, money-grubbing fucks enough times over the last year or two?

I mean there has to be better games to play than this

Right?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I'm genuinely amazed anyone is actually considering playing this. You people must be bored out of your fucking minds. Have Blizzard not shown that they are incompetent, money-grubbing fucks enough times over the last year or two?

Right?

Right?
Terminator 1 - Arnold Schwarzenegger - WRONG.gif

ArchAngel

Arcane

Right?
Well I plan to play it after release if people say it is good (well if I can afford it at that time, with prices of basic shit like food going up every month who knows what will happen by summer) and there are no potentially better aRPG coming out. Maybe PoE2 but that is far away.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Right?
Well I plan to play it after release if people say it is good (well if I can afford it at that time, with prices of basic shit like food going up every month who knows what will happen by summer) and there are no potentially better aRPG coming out. Maybe PoE2 but that is far away.
I don't imagine Diablo 4 appeals much to the PoE crowd. They are a special breed of autists. I vastly prefer D2R over PoE, just because of the ebb and flow of combat, simplicity whilst remaning engaging and fun, and just the sheer hack and slash feel.
I imagine Diablo 4 is much akin to that notion. Simplistic, yet insanely fun, polished and meaty fluent combat. Exactly what im looking for.

When I look at PoE i get headache from all the pixel vomit on the screen, and I don't have to write a PhD thesis and try builds n other shit that NEETS spend all day doing.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Right?
I don't imagine Diablo 4 appeals much to the PoE crowd. They are a special breed of autists. I vastly prefer D2R over PoE, just because of the ebb and flow of combat, simplicity whilst remaning engaging and fun, and just the sheer hack and slash feel.
I imagine Diablo 4 is much akin to that notion. Simplistic, yet insanely fun, polished and meaty fluent combat. Exactly what im looking for.

When I look at PoE i get headache from all the pixel vomit on the screen, and I don't have to write a PhD thesis and try builds n other shit that NEETS spend all day doing.
I primarily want D4 to succeed so that the GGG fags get a kick in the pants and actually release PoE2 with it not merely being same shit, new campaign, but a proper debloatization of the game and a return to the slower more methodical and lethal pace of its early expansions. Fuck the clear speed meta and the autists who enjoy it. Not to mention all the current retardation where you can't go two rooms without running into another progression system with its own currencies, hoops to jump through, bosses to unlock and obscure and mostly pointless rewards to win. That needs to go as well.

MPGA - Make PoE Great Again. And Diablo is just a tool for making that happen. So go Blizzard.
I have a feeling you and I could be great friends with posts like this.

I bid thee a good day, sir.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Right?

I primarily want D4 to succeed so that the GGG fags get a kick in the pants and actually release PoE2 with it not merely being same shit, new campaign, but a proper debloatization of the game and a return to the slower more methodical and lethal pace of its early expansions. Fuck the clear speed meta and the autists who enjoy it. Not to mention all the current retardation where you can't go two rooms without running into another progression system with its own currencies, hoops to jump through, bosses to unlock and obscure and mostly pointless rewards to win. That needs to go as well.

MPGA - Make PoE Great Again. And Diablo is just a tool for making that happen. So go Blizzard.
Yes, free market competition is best for all of us.

Gaznak

Learned
Cinematic trailer is kinda semi-good. But gameplay trailer... oh my. It's the same old stale shit as it was in D2. Only in D2 times it was really cool (D1 is much more cooler though), and in 2023 it looks simply ridiculous. Adding to it the obligatory always-online shit, plus dumbed-to-fuck-down skill system (I suppose it will be even more idiotic than in D3) - who on earth would ever want to pay for it and play it?

I remember vividly the positive shock I had from D1 gameplay. It was the really great game (and still is, by the way). D2 showed the brink of the abyss of decline already but was still good. Now they are right: 'Hell is coming'(c). Fly, you fools.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Cinematic trailer is kinda semi-good. But gameplay trailer... oh my. It's the same old stale shit as it was in D2. Only in D2 times it was really cool (D1 is much more cooler though), and in 2023 it looks simply ridiculous. Adding to it the obligatory always-online shit, plus dumbed-to-fuck-down skill system (I suppose it will be even more idiotic than in D3) - who on earth would ever want to pay for it and play it?

I remember vividly the positive shock I had from D1 gameplay. It was the really great game (and still is, by the way). D2 showed the brink of the abyss of decline already but was still good. Now they are right: 'Hell is coming'(c). Fly, you fools.
Coming into a Diablo 4 thread and shitting on Diablo 2, the pinnacle and genre-defining best ARPG there is, well.

That's not gonna go down the way you think.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Turn it into D4 minecraft, just as well. "Physticz stuffz" and tear down/build the world. Or am i thinking too much Hatred with destruction of objects. I'm getting tired of wannabe gauntlet games and the same shit grind.

I'd say turn it into a firstperson/3D third person but we had that with guns...

<... cough cough... Hellgate.... cough London... cough cough cough hack hack cough..>

So, you get a darker D3, sort of, it seems.

abija

Prophet
Some of you need to find some FIFA thread and complain is not a realistic racing sim.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Company has no sex appeal at all. Didn't realize they are woke but I do now. I realized they were stupid when it comes to money.

It looks like they are also morons that embrace Soros Open Society, WEF, Black ESG etc, which goes back to WEF agenda which is really a Jewish Agenda.

Everything about this game looks rather uninspiring.

Reminds me of another company that I have talked to a few times, Square Enix. Honestly these guys are completely lost have no idea what they are doing except for generic garbage.

Everything is again uninspiring doesn't stand out. Final Fantasy XVI looks like glum boring trash with fancy FX.

I had contacted them and said get Amano Yoshitaka on board and get creative again...Compose music as impressionistic as orchestration, get better with your music directing hell hire Uematsu for music directing.

what's sad is both these companies will be super successful with their titles which are both completely boring looking. They lack passion!

Obviously you want teams to be successful because they work for years to create their project. At some point however you need to have something change or else your releasing the same uninspiring woke garbage over and over.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
wait this is going to be large world MMO?

One thing I think they could do is create a quest where you have to save Castle from a Siege by Demons.

They could have that as a large quest. They could bring in huge demons that are trying to break the Castle walls down. Let's they could do there. They could have the Carl Orff style Choir as Demons attack the castle.

While in the Castle you could have smaller quests you have to do. Perhaps someone is a traitor and trying to let the demons in. In this castle you could have a whole village that has arrived there to flee the demons so is there enough food for everyone.

I think this would cool Quest.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Microsoft a company named after a guys dick is buying Blizzard. Throw in Chat GPT and AHAHAHAHA!

Hal 2.0 in every game!

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Some of you need to find some FIFA thread and complain is not a realistic racing sim.
It's obviously not, there isn't even a lap timer in the game.
Otoh, in football (soccer for colonials) people run a lot. And they try to run faster then others to reach something. Ball or finish line. Legs or cars. It is all the same in the grand scheme of things.
Ergo a football game can be a racing sim.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Right?

This is a <ridiculously optimistic> post if i ever saw one.

Camel

Scholar
Bought D3 and finished once on normal difficulty playing with friends, got bored during a second playthrough. D2 was good.
I’m thinking about giving it a chance and trying beta. Too bad Blizzard is on the same trajectory of BioWare.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom